2021 Prizm hype/value?

DCL

OzCardTrader
Real Name
David
What do people think of this year's prizm? I was one of the lucky one to get a good team on Cherry's random break happened yesterday and pulled decent amount of good cards in my opinion. The background designs of the RCs are great maybe except Lamelo. Not much hype on this product in the American cards forum such as Blowout except negativity - I guess the hobby box price point got alot to do with this. I liked the Lebron base but I assume Panini knew this year is going to be an average RC class so they made efforts with some of their cards' designs.

Last edited:
Way too overpriced. Basically the starting price is the equivalent of the re-sell price of a hot rookie class year.

No issues with the look of the product itself though.

It'll be interesting to see what price the single cards fetch...

I got a hobby box to hold but am regretting it now as the lamelo redemption will stuff things up.

Still think it will be a solid hold, but I might sell it in 12 months and use it to fund some big NFL singles.

I will be buying up Hangers, Blasters, Megas and Cellos to hold though.

Reactions: DCL
I've watched several hobby box breaks now and most would be lucky to make back half of the price they paid for it.

If 2019-20 Retail is selling for $1,200, i wouldn't want to be paying more than $800 for this year's if i wanted to make a small profit

I've watched several hobby box breaks now and most would be lucky to make back half of the price they paid for it.

If 2019-20 Retail is selling for $1,200, i wouldn't want to be paying more than $800 for this year's if i wanted to make a small profit
I think best bet is retail this year.

How far retail drops is the big question

That is what I've noticed too. Unless you get a low numbered card of the top rookies, you might breakeven for the hobby box.

I'm starting to think, at what point do RC prizm silvers start to lose their attractiveness? The pop reports are huge... to the point that surely other product that is #'d wiil be more valuable in the future?

They're always gonna be a card collectors want to own.

Player performance will be the main determining factor in price rises and falls.

Why won't we get a chance to preorder Retail Prizm?

We've had Hoops, Mosaic and Court Kings.

Surely at least a small amount of Prizm hits the preorder.
I really hope so.

What format?

Blasters for sure...maybe Cello's as well? Gravity packs would be nice

One thing I noticed right away this year is the serial number increase on a couple of parallels and how often certain other parallels pop up..

Blue Ice /125 Purple/99, and the sea of Hypers and Silvers per hobby box.. I feel there's going to be a mountain of retail this year too. Think along the lines of the Chronicles production run... possibly even more!

If you look on eBay and see how many readily available blasters of chronicles are still out there, it's crazy.

I think with EB and Zing doing cards now, we will get some retail Prizm here to bust for sure.

One thing I noticed right away this year is the serial number increase on a couple of parallels and how often certain other parallels pop up..

Blue Ice /125 Purple/99, and the sea of Hypers and Silvers per hobby box.. I feel there's going to be a mountain of retail this year too. Think along the lines of the Chronicles production run... possibly even more!

If you look on eBay and see how many readily available blasters of chronicles are still out there, it's crazy.

I think with EB and Zing doing cards now, we will get some retail Prizm here to bust for sure.

Prizm retail still hasn't dropped much. Week 2 and it's looking around $200AU a hanger.

Looking forward to some blasters tbh

Back
Top Bottom