2022 Official NRL Thread (Spoilers/Rumours/Game Results/Discussions etc.)

I know what you’re saying , but Roger has gone down with that ship his entire time at the warriors . If they all had the effort he did they may of had different results . He sacrificed a few GFs by going to the warriors. I know he was paid well for it, but still a sacrifice .
The poor Tigers are another issue altogether. Documentary on fox about the Tigers called Wild West , Tales from Tiger Town if anyone is interested 🤣

There is some truth in this. The Warriors have had massively imbalanced cap management, which they seem to have finally sorted. This has meant a lack of quality in the forwards and now halfs. This had made it hard for he players around them. I don't believe they have lacked effort. Maybe resilience, or quality when it counts, but not effort. Of the 13 losses this year 7 have been by 6 points or less. Given the complete lack of combinations they have been able to maintain through retched injury luck, I think that is okayish. Only last week against Souths have they had a complete hiding. They don't deserve the 8, but they haven't fallen over either.

RTS is a pin up boy for the NRL where marketing is everything, and one of my favourite players due to effort and some of his silky running skills. If one is to look really hard though you start to ask some questions about his elite qualities. He has won Dally M awards for his metres etc, when you look harder he is something like 14th fullback in the NRL for metres per run. In addition I think he is well beaten by several other fullbacks in the game for support running, link play and distribution. A brilliant wing, particularly pre-ACL, a very good fullback. Not a playmaker. Just my opinion of course, but I am looking forward to 2022.

The NRL has some really, really big issues with the judiciary system they have.

Players like Lodge, Thompson, Radley etc can't fart without spending two games out and we are only half way through the carry over period from their ridiculous crackdown that made non-dirty players infamous instigators of foul play. Josh Curran has not made a malicious tackle all year, but he has been in the wrong place at the wrong time in collisions and now has a massive rap sheet. Lodge made a pretty innocuous tackle last night, and will probably miss the first game next year.

Meanwhile you have the Mitchell, Chambers etc stinking up the game with malicious acts. Hetherington has a real problem with technique, but even if if he fixes it, he has now been taken out of the game by his prior loading. To be honest they are wiping out some of the best forwards in the game with this bulls**t.

Loading has got to go. Judge each incident on its merits. With another 4 playing months of loading to go before we reach an equilibrium, we haven't even reached the tip of the iceberg. We are going to see a lot of lightweight back rows especially.

Mitchell gets away with it all the time. Last year he hit Fusitu'a's with a coathanger which made Fus drop the ball over the try line at a key moment. Not even a penalty. When the Warriors played him this year he put a dirty cheap shot on Reece Walsh after he scored a try. No action.

I'm surprised the players aren't speaking up. It has the potential to really affect their future salaries (clubs don't value from someone spending 6-10 games on the sideline). Look at Luke Thompson being moved on by the Dogs. He should be one of their best players.

Last edited:
If there was ever to be an investigation it has to be this . Parramatta were $9 to beat the storm and the storm just happen to play the worst they have since they entered the comp. Addo-Carr was run down by Junior Paulo . That will do me 🤣

Heard about this last night on Triple M Sydney if anyone other than @Matt26 is interested. Can win a 2003 Ryan Girdler game worn jersey .
42EDC1A8-FE26-449A-A871-96511EC2B2D3.png

Congrats to the Panthers, quality side and great effort to win the big one. I think that the better performing team on the night lost though. I still don’t know how the rules change so frequently in the interpretation every week but anyways !!

Cleary is a gun, not sure he was CCM worthy last night though, I thought Burton was better. I know Walker is massive on the sledging and in field chat so Cleary giving it back was more than fair but sometimes humility is a much better look.

Congrats to the Panthers, quality side and great effort to win the big one. I think that the better performing team on the night lost though. I still don’t know how the rules change so frequently in the interpretation every week but anyways !!

Cleary is a gun, not sure he was CCM worthy last night though, I thought Burton was better. I know Walker is massive on the sledging and in field chat so Cleary giving it back was more than fair but sometimes humility is a much better look.
I agree , definitely would of had Burton as CCM and thought South’s were unlucky .Cleary was more the sentimental pick I’m thinking. South’s failed to pull the trigger on multiple occasions and made some silly errors , although I think panthers looked more dangerous for most of the game . Great defensive effort though from both teams and one of the better GFs we’ve seen last few years .

Still on a high from last night. The fact the Panthers had their full team on the park was an achievement in itself.

Nathan Cleary has an 80% tear in his shoulder and will now have a 4-6 month recovery from surgery I think later this week?

Dylan Edwards has not trained in the last 6 weeks due to a broken foot which he played on through the finals.

Fisher Harris knee is stuffed and played on one leg for the last couple of weeks.

Moses Leota kept tearing his calf but kept on playing through.

Brian To'o's ankle has mean he hasn't trained in about 3-4 weeks.

I'm so glad they finally got the win and claimed the clubs 3rd premiership, the last one being 2003.

What a night it was and what a past 2 years its been watching them play!

Still feels surreal to say the Panthers are the 2021 Premiers!

Cheers
Matt

Yeah great game , didn’t know about Cleary or Edwards injuries , they both weren’t themselves but got the W and that’s all that matters .Pretty sure they will be there abouts for a few years to come so you might get to see in Sydney.

Yes and the 18th franchise be the Greater Perth Pirates with AFL icon and sand deeper Stephen Coniglio to convert to Rugby league this becoming their first draftee lol

I agree Perth seems like it would be ideal choice but they seem a long way down any list I've seen behind the like of;

Central QLD another kiwi based side, PNG, Fiji even the Central Coast NSW
Yeah can’t see Perth working , not really sure what the junior system is like over there but can’t imagine it getting close to the AFL.
Personally I think they are kidding themselves adding another team at all. There are 3-4 real competitive teams last few years with 5-7 getting close . 8 is barely making up the numbers as is . I’d much prefer them to bring back the old school reserve grade . I watched the finals series of the Qld cup and the quality was no where near NRL level . Good grand final but was played between 2 similar quality sides .
Also Selwyn Cobbo should of got a best and worse award 🤣. Looked like a young Latrell in patches but made some huge errors at crucial times .
If we had to have another team I’d love Fiji to have a crack , lot of good talent and rugby players to steal ?

Back
Top Bottom