2022 Official NRL Thread (Spoilers/Rumours/Game Results/Discussions etc.)

I read. Glass half full, at least one internal saga is over and Canberra can try and move forward. It was quite clear from his recent efforts his mind was already back in the UK.

Sam Williams is a capable 7 and at least this will allow him to crack 100 games for Canberra.
Would the side be stronger getting Josh Hodgson into the starting team at #7?

Would the side be stronger getting Josh Hodgson into the starting team at #7?
I thought that myself. This would allow Starling to play 80.

After reading the tweet by G . Williams, there are obviously two very different stories out there. I would be very disappointed in Canberra as a club if there is truth to his version.

Season 21 is a shocker, can’t see Canberra getting to the 8.

After his rant to Paul Crawley defending Williams it certainly has a sniff of that. I agree though he is not a bench player.

There's been rumours floating around even before all this of him going to Brisbane next year.

At his best he's not a bench player but he's not been playing anywhere near that level since his latest injury. Hopefully he can get back to his top form and stays in green.

RIP NRL 1908-2021
Special mention to Peter V’landys , the man that’s probably watched 3 Nrl games in his life . The players and fans all hate you and you’ve ruined the great game 🤦‍♂️

RIP NRL 1908-2021
Special mention to Peter V’landys , the man that’s probably watched 3 Nrl games in his life . The players and fans all hate you and you’ve ruined the great game 🤦‍♂️
Dont hate him , i just dont like what hes doing to rugby league,
In saying that, most of what is happening atm was enivitable,
I said 5 yrs ago, that sooner or later all players would be wearing headgear,
It will probably be written into contracts along with mouthguards.
Were not to far away from it now.
Its really only consistency that people have a problem with.
Some teams are getting hammered, some are allowed to get away with blue murder.
We can go on with a heap of things that are bullshit.
We all like the great game.
If you dont like what your watching, turn it off, dont go thru the turnstyles.

Dont hate him , i just dont like what hes doing to rugby league,
In saying that, most of what is happening atm was enivitable,
I said 5 yrs ago, that sooner or later all players would be wearing headgear,
It will probably be written into contracts along with mouthguards.
Were not to far away from it now.
Its really only consistency that people have a problem with.
Some teams are getting hammered, some are allowed to get away with blue murder.
We can go on with a heap of things that are bulls***.
We all like the great game.
If you dont like what your watching, turn it off, dont go thru the turnstyles.
How many games you actually watch Dave ?

My opinion is that unless youre a Panther or Storm fan (enjoying watching thise 2 teams play) it is a very dull and unenjoyable watch this year. As a Magpies supporter i have been travelling to Lidcombe oval abd watching the NSW / Ron Massey Cup games and loving it! Lots of loyal fans cheering on the jumper. Lots of old Magpies turning up as well to watch. Each weekend that is what im looking forwars to. The NRL really is giving me nothing to look forward to. Even Origin is a whinge fest. Players not happy with Vlandys. At Townsville. Players ruled out. Sad im not even excited for origin.
Bring on top of the table game Wests vs Penrith this Saturday!!

Not as many as i would like, doing arv shift these days.
Contracting to factories.
But what i do see, is not really worth watching,
Way too fast, to many interchanges.
Im stuck in the 70s, when a try was worth 3 points.
Yeah didn’t think so , try and watch back some of the last few weeks games and see how games have been decided by a refs interpretation. Manly lost the penalty count 9-0 and had 2 sent to the bin . Took the 2 points off them .
I don’t support the knights or manly , but to do that to them is the the reason players are planning a revolt .
As for the head gear , that won’t change a thing as someone mentioned on here about a study to do with them .
Nfl players also get knocked out with motorbike helmets 🤣

My opinion is that unless youre a Panther or Storm fan (enjoying watching thise 2 teams play) it is a very dull and unenjoyable watch this year. As a Magpies supporter i have been travelling to Lidcombe oval abd watching the NSW / Ron Massey Cup games and loving it! Lots of loyal fans cheering on the jumper. Lots of old Magpies turning up as well to watch. Each weekend that is what im looking forwars to. The NRL really is giving me nothing to look forward to. Even Origin is a whinge fest. Players not happy with Vlandys. At Townsville. Players ruled out. Sad im not even excited for origin.
Bring on top of the table game Wests vs Penrith this Saturday!!
It’s almost like the new rules were brought in to even the comp up 🤔

It's an awesome experience especially if it is a decider.

Enjoy

100% this....... Origin is always a great game to watch live, deciders are the greatest.

Saw Alfie carve up the Blues at the SFS, Laurie Daleys last Origin, never heard a cheer so loud as when Tallis got sent off by Bill Harrigan, saw the decider when the maroons won 8 straight (no I wasn't the fat streaker that night) and was there for the magic night when the Blues won it back and ended Queenslands reign.......the crowd that night was insane!

Should be a great series this year!

100% this....... Origin is always a great game to watch live, deciders are the greatest.

Saw Alfie carve up the Blues at the SFS, Laurie Daleys last Origin, never heard a cheer so loud as when Tallis got sent off by Bill Harrigan, saw the decider when the maroons won 8 straight (no I wasn't the fat streaker that night) and was there for the magic night when the Blues won it back and ended Queenslands reign.......the crowd that night was insane!

Should be a great series this year!
5F29B84A-37D5-48F8-A11B-1ED488587022.jpeg
You sure Matt 🤔

Back
Top Bottom