2022 Official NRL Thread (Spoilers/Rumours/Game Results/Discussions etc.)

523CFDA0-C0A2-4267-B1BC-A74959DF0AA5.jpeg

I shared mine as they are part of my PC. 40 odd years of favourite players from rugby league. Funny to say, Tommy is page 1. I know I’m missing a couple ( 68 or 69 I think, and 78) but these are little treasures I’ve looked at a thousand times but today was the first with him gone 😞

I shared mine as they are part of my PC. 40 odd years of favourite players from rugby league. Funny to say, Tommy is page 1. I know I’m missing a couple ( 68 or 69 I think, and 78) but these are little treasures I’ve looked at a thousand times but today was the first with him gone 😞
Chris, will see what spares I have and there yours.

I’ll make a prediction for 2022 that Matt Burton will be the buy of the year . Not sure what the panthers were thinking letting him go . I would of given him the aqua golf complex as payment ? Maybe even Krispy Kremes

Unfortunately cant keep them all..... Nathan and Jarome are close mates who grew up playing together so very hard to shift either of them.

Unfortunately cant keep them all..... Nathan and Jarome are close mates who grew up playing together so very hard to shift either of them.
Yeah I hadn’t seen much of him but geez he can play . Kicks like a mule , straight and harder then anyone . Well swap him for Dugan and Moylan 🤷‍♂️

McGuire could be out at Wests. Crisis meeting tomorrow.
Not good. - Pay him out then less money will be spent on lower Western Suburbs teams ( Ron Massey, Harold Matts etc) where money was to be promised.
Problem is not the coach.
Poor recruitment - mixed with letting quality players leave. Bad long term big signings. No pride or passion for the jumper. Poor Luke Brooks copping lots of the blame but unfortuntately he is the only player common denominator in their last few poor years and been never held accountable or dropped.
Pascoe (CEO) is a major problem. Wests Ashfield is running the show shockingly.
No juniors from the biggest rugby league junior pool (Campbelltown) been kept and developed.
I love going to support the Magpies in the NSWRL and Ron Massey at places like Lidcombe, Windsor, Blacktown, Henson etc and follow the jumper i have loved since a wee boy. The clowns at the Tigers will unfortunately and inevitably take away this pleasure in the next year or two I am certain due to such basic inadequacies in common sense and a continual pointing of the finger at others.

I can feel your pain.

Surely they have to stop blaming coaches and start looking elsewhere for their problem. Sacking Sheens / Potter / Taylor and paying them to do nothing never improved anything. If they deemed McGuire right for the job less than 2 years ago whats changed?

Gutless boards deflecting blame is a curse on rugby league.

I know it’s happened to many of the greats , but I really feel for BMoz , been one of the best on and off the field and deserved to finish with his brother . Sad night and been a terrible year for injuries and concussions. Think the NRL need to reassess all these rule changes ?

I know it’s happened to many of the greats , but I really feel for BMoz , been one of the best on and off the field and deserved to finish with his brother . Sad night and been a terrible year for injuries and concussions. Think the NRL need to reassess all these rule changes ?
He got tackled in to touch. How has it got anything to with rules?

He got tackled in to touch. How has it got anything to with rules?
I think you’ll find the speed of the game with the set restarts etc is a huge contributing factor in the injuries this year . Unless it just happens to be a coincidence that multiple players are being concussed etc .
These players have played a different game their entire careers and the speed will no doubt play a part , especially with the players nearing the end of their careers.

Back
Top Bottom