2021 Official NRL Thread (Spoilers/Rumours/Game Results/Discussions etc.)

Nov 27, 2012
Brisbane
Real Name
Mark
eBay User
Battingticks84
I think you’ll find the speed of the game with the set restarts etc is a huge contributing factor in the injuries this year . Unless it just happens to be a coincidence that multiple players are being concussed etc .
These players have played a different game their entire careers and the speed will no doubt play a part , especially with the players nearing the end of their careers.
There definitely would be coincidences. But set restarts is the worst rule introduced in my memory. Another shocker is the removal of scrums after a kick into touch. Remember when it used to be a reward for hard work where you would kick into touch to give your team a well earned rest. The NRL need to stop tearing at the fabric of the game. While I’m at it, if we want fatigue, reduce the interchange to 4 or 6. Problem solved.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2012
Real Name
david
eBay User
rugbydolltoys
There definitely would be coincidences. But set restarts is the worst rule introduced in my memory. Another shocker is the removal of scrums after a kick into touch. Remember when it used to be a reward for hard work where you would kick into touch to give your team a well earned rest. The NRL need to stop tearing at the fabric of the game. While I’m at it, if we want fatigue, reduce the interchange to 4 or 6. Problem solved.
Right on,
Its really not rugby league any more.
Its now a game for who can whatever the fastest.
When i played it was 13 on the field and 2 reserves, no interchanges,
1 break, half time.
For 80 mins.

Reactions: Sharks16

Matt26

OZCT Supporter
Oct 13, 2005
Sydney
Real Name
Matt
Can we please go back to last years Video ref rules please....... nothing worse than a player scoring a try, celebrating and then 2 minutes later the ref saying its now under review and then gets disallowed.

It's like the Mrs. giving you the signal and then coming to bed and she is asleep!

At least with the old rule....... you scored a try, then if the ref wasn't sure...... he referred it and you didn't go off too early....when awarded you celebrated but you never got your hopes up too high.

Hate the new rule.

Sharks16

Mar 22, 2017
Sydney
Real Name
Joel
Can we please go back to last years Video ref rules please....... nothing worse than a player scoring a try, celebrating and then 2 minutes later the ref saying its now under review and then gets disallowed.

It's like the Mrs. giving you the signal and then coming to bed and she is asleep!

At least with the old rule....... you scored a try, then if the ref wasn't sure...... he referred it and you didn't go off too early....when awarded you celebrated but you never got your hopes up too high.

Hate the new rule.
Even worse when you’ve got a multi on the result and you also start celebrating only to kick the lounge