Baseball 2021 Bowman Draft Jumbo Box

Iron Clad Lou

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Luke
Tried the new Bowman Draft for 2021.

Must admit I don't know much but the Pacheco looks to be a nice hit! Looks to be a PSA candidate

Got me a numbered Bobby Witt Jr for the PC so that's good!

I think I might get a super jumbo if i can get enough cash in time

20220206_125744.jpg

20220206_130127.jpg

The Pacheco is a great hit. He's been playing well so far this year. Draft has got a bit out of my comfort zone these last two years. I remember paying $300 for a jumbo in 2019. It's doubled since then. These are my favourite products in the hobby - Bowman Draft, Bowman Chrome and Bowman baseball and they pretty much have been since 2018.

The Pacheco is a beautiful card. And worth a tidy sum.

The Tiedemann is also a decent hit. Definitely one of the pick of the pitchers

Last edited:
The Pacheco is a great hit. He's been playing well so far this year. Draft has got a bit out of my comfort zone these last two years. I remember paying $300 for a jumbo in 2019. It's doubled since then. These are my favourite products in the hobby - Bowman Draft, Bowman Chrome and Bowman baseball and they pretty much have been since 2018.

The Pacheco is a beautiful card. And worth a tidy sum.

The Tiedemann is also a decent hit. Definitely one of the pick of the pitchers

I had a preorder box that my shop had lost, so they traded it for an equivalent box and i took the hobby jumbo.

Great decision as i didn't want that Obsidian Basketball ;)

It's definitely worth grading as it's big card and potentially a very big card. He's in a little slump at the moment but I like him a lot.

I've never graded with BGS before because I don't like their slabs. Also, I think a BGS 9.5 for a card like that is not going to command much more value on the secondary market than a PSA9. However, a PSA10 will be far more valuable than a BGS9.5.

I think it's the reverse with baseball. I prefer sleek rather than chunky. Anyway, beauty is in the eye of the beholder, etc.

Good luck with whatever you choose to do.

It's definitely worth grading as it's big card and potentially a very big card. He's in a little slump at the moment but I like him a lot.

I've never graded with BGS before because I don't like their slabs. Also, I think a BGS 9.5 for a card like that is not going to command much more value on the secondary market than a PSA9. However, a PSA10 will be far more valuable than a BGS9.5.

This guy getting out of his slump ;)

BWJ_001.JPG

Just sent the Pacheco to BGS.

First BGS sub ever. Interesting to see how it goes. It looks like a 9.5 from the eye. I wasn't confident of a 10 with PSA so...

I always sub with PSA but what you are doing is a good move.....provided you don't get a BGS 9, lol. A BGS 9.5 is a much better bet than a PSA9 and from my experience it's difficult to be totally sure if a BCA will gem at PSA.

My second last order( 33 cards) the two cards I was most certain would get a PSA10 both got PSA9's and that hurt. And they were cards from 2019 - Bowman( Jrod) Bowman Draft ( CJ Abrams). Up until then every 2019 Bowman Chrome card I had subbed had gotten a PSA10. Even when I got the cards back I couldn't see anything wrong with them.

Good luck! Hope you get a least a BGS 9.5.

I always sub with PSA but what you are doing is a good move.....provided you don't get a BGS 9, lol. A BGS 9.5 is a much better bet than a PSA9 and from my experience it's difficult to be totally sure if a BCA will gem at PSA.

My second last order( 33 cards) the two cards I was most certain would get a PSA10 both got PSA9's and that hurt. And they were cards from 2019 - Bowman( Jrod) Bowman Draft ( CJ Abrams). Up until then every 2019 Bowman Chrome card I had subbed had gotten a PSA10. Even when I got the cards back I couldn't see anything wrong with them.

Good luck! Hope you get a least a BGS 9.5.

I'll go:

Centering 9.5
Surface 9.5
Edges 10
Corners 10

Black label on a black refractor would be pretty nice ;)

I don't know how the system works at BGS but I thought you needed all 10 sub grades to get a Pristine and for a Black Label( add in wank noise) it was a 10 with extra eye appeal. Enlighten me champ. How does it work? I'm guessing with your example you still get a BGS 9.5?

I probably should give BGS a try. A PSA9 on a modern Bowman Chrome Auto adds no value. You are better off selling the card raw imo. You might get slightly more money for the 9 but it merely covers the grading cost.

Back
Top Bottom