2022 Official NRL Thread (Spoilers/Rumours/Game Results/Discussions etc.)

Thoughts on new promo?

I like the use of ‘simply the best’ and the cutting in of older moments.

Healthy dose of PC though. All for inclusiveness but would have been nice to see an Australian flag draped on someone’s shoulders as well.

Absolutely Love the song, hate the new ad and all the PC crap they had to throw in there.

The ad should have had nothing more than big hits, stunning tries and memorable moments from the game.

Have no issues with Latrell being there with the Indigenous flag, but why not follow this up with Taumalolo with his Tongan national flag, or Benji with the Kiwi flag and others (Samoa/PNG etc) or even to make the ad even more controversial have an Australian player wearing the Australian flag!

There was someone on Twitter who did their own version of the Simply the Best last year with current players and it was 1,000,000 times better than this ad. I think the NRL made Twitter take it down actually!

Anyway I'm off to yell at clouds again and telling people to get off my lawn.

I was disappointed with the add I was sure there could have been room for Barbara Smith to be in there some where.

On all seriousness it seemed disjointed with no real flow and I agree it seems as if it was an exercise in political correctness rather than a celebration of the game.

Cheers
Ross

I was disappointed with the add I was sure there could have been room for Barbara Smith to be in there some where.

On all seriousness it seemed disjointed with no real flow and I agree it seems as if it was an exercise in political correctness rather than a celebration of the game.

Cheers
Ross

I’d assume she will be listed in the credits and remunerated accordingly for her input...

Watching NRL Tonight from Monday and they said that the NRL has advised players not to interact with fans basically.

No photos, no shaking hands with fans, dont take pens from fans, dont sign stuff given from fans, etc

Would have to imagine this would stay in place for quite a while so might be tough getting new cards signed etc if players stick to it

Watching NRL Tonight from Monday and they said that the NRL has advised players not to interact with fans basically.

No photos, no shaking hands with fans, dont take pens from fans, dont sign stuff given from fans, etc

Would have to imagine this would stay in place for quite a while so might be tough getting new cards signed etc if players stick to it

Hadn't heard that or thought much about it.

It will probably extend to Members Days / Fan Days being cancelled as well so IP sets could be tough for sure.

Last edited:
I see where they are coming from & why the sporting codes are saying this with there multi-million dollar assests in the form of players. However it is the fans that pay hard earned money from there hip pocket, talk with there feet and wallet. I will be interested if the government bans large public gatherings, then seeing financial reports released at the end of the year (as the league vaguely dose) so they can see how much the average day fan puts into the game..

IMG_0003.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom