2022 Official NRL Thread (Spoilers/Rumours/Game Results/Discussions etc.)

With the way teams do things differently now with fly in fly out. Do you think teams may consider doing this once things go back to normal or would it be too difficult to even consider without private flights

Probably a cost prohibitive thing for the teams but once back to normal id imagine normal travel to apply.

Just a weird time at present.

Rugby League (like AFL, Cricket, Union, Soccer, etc) was a SPORT before the ARL/NRL turned it into a business delivering a "product". The game will survive. The format it survives in will be the interesting part.

Will be interesting what the new world order of NRL, A League, Super Rugby and AFL will be after the dust settles on all of this.

My prediction is that the NRL will be back.......however all the current teams may not be.

It would not surprise me in the least if 1-2 clubs don't make it and the new teams that were on the radar for expansion (2nd Brisbane Team/Perth) get a start.

Fans wont be angry at the NRL as they will have the KungFlu to blame.

Just a hunch I have....... interesting to see what happens but the longer this break goes on the more I see this happening.

My prediction is that the NRL will be back.......however all the current teams may not be.

It would not surprise me in the least if 1-2 clubs don't make it and the new teams that were on the radar for expansion (2nd Brisbane Team/Perth) get a start.

Just a hunch I have....... interesting to see what happens but the longer this break goes on the more I see this happening.
Nrl tried there best, made the decision so warriors could get back to there family before NZ shut completely.
Think it was Paul Kent said Manly, Sharks & Gold Coast are in the most trouble and the NRL will might need the help of "richer clubs" Melbourne, Roosters and Broncos to feed these clubs. As you said, interesting to see what happens. Some AFL clubs are in the same boat

I am sure we could get 100 million people to chip in 10 bucks to do a class action against the chinese government and close there country for good

Last edited:
Interesting times ahead. The much fabled Aussie spirit and ‘battler’ characters will really be put to the test. As a country we have survived significant periods of famine, drought and flood but I don’t think we have seen the likes of this. I hope we can pull through and come out the other side and I think we will, but in a very different place.

If you are one of the lucky ones like me and will have employment regardless, think of the little guy. Ask how people are doing, continue to support your local for cafe for the equivalent of a pack of footy cards and most importantly by thankful for what you have.

As we hit April, the peak period of virus transmission will be upon us. June/July will be when the impact is in full force. Tough few months ahead.

Just a quick question - what is TLA's response going to be with the NRL Traders 2020 Predictors as the season is currently suspended?

It would be interesting to see as a these cards are pretty much worthless IMO if the season is a write off as you cannot determine a winner for this year? Also will TLA delay the release of their other products like ELITE during this period of time?

be safe everyone.

Just a quick question - what is TLA's response going to be with the NRL Traders 2020 Predictors as the season is currently suspended?

It would be interesting to see as a these cards are pretty much worthless IMO if the season is a write off as you cannot determine a winner for this year? Also will TLA delay the release of their other products like ELITE during this period of time?

be safe everyone.

Really don't know at this stage......best case scenario is we get some games started in June/July at the earliest and they try and complete the season going as late as November/December.

If not likely be back for next year fresh

be safe everyone.
As i said in previous posts,
Tla will not do anything about it,
What do you expect them to do, give you $50 for every predictor you have, yeah right.
They have stated odds on packets for cards, they have also stated they have nothing to do with the second hand market.
There are other cards in the packets.
Expect nothing from them, then you will not be disappointed.

Cant see anyone giving me back my empoyer contributed super im losing everyday.
Thankyou china.

This seems like really dark days. Different to the emergence of Super League in that the foundation revenue streams that support clubs have also shut down. I think Manly, GC and Cronulla are all in trouble, with clubs that are heavily pokies dependent like tigers, parra and Panthers to follow depending on the size of their cash reserves. If NRL wants to survive overall they will HAVE to be ruthless with struggling clubs despite the all for one rhetoric unfortunately. I dont realistically see this season happening at all. So maybe 8 clubs survive, with salary caps halved for the next few years?

To survive: Souths (Now looking like geniuses for the pokies free pledge), Broncos, Roosters. Wouldn't wave the wand of certainty over anyone else

To survive: Souths (Now looking like geniuses for the pokies free pledge), Broncos, Roosters. Wouldn't wave the wand of certainty over anyone else
If the season is wiped completely then that is upwards of a $500 million loss for the NRL. I don' t think any business can survive that without massive hand outs and I think the govt may have bigger issues than saving rugby league as we know it now.

So IMO it is more the NRL that may not survive rather than the clubs. The clubs will be reborn in a new competition with a new governing body. It may be a hybrid of Union and League.................

Sad days.

Ross

Yeah think you’re on the money . Will be the perfect time to punt a few teams with little to no fall out as you said the virus will cop the blame . There’s really not the talent pool for 16 clubs in a county this size but no one wants their team to be the one . When there are teams that win 4-5 games a year that tells the story . Maybe take one from each state to make it fair ? Maybe the Titans , Storm , raiders ,warriors and the roosters ?😂😂😂

Yeah think you’re on the money . Will be the perfect time to punt a few teams with little to no fall out as you said the virus will cop the blame . There’s really not the talent pool for 16 clubs in a county this size but no one wants their team to be the one . When there are teams that win 4-5 games a year that tells the story . Maybe take one from each state to make it fair ? Maybe the Titans , Storm , raiders ,warriors and the roosters ?😂😂😂
Why would they ever get rid of one from each state instead of getting rid of the congested Sydney teams if the object was expansion into new areas? If those were the criteria: Storm, only Melbourne team, safe. Canberra, an established regional team outside of Sydney and like Newcastle, with the population to support it, safe. Warriors, only NZ team, safe. Roosters, an establishment and the richest club. Safe. You'd be much better off losing Cronulla (Or the Dragons but they also cover the Illawarra) and a team or two from central/ western Sydney. GC is a reasonable option, especially considering their financial woes, but I'm not sure replacing them with a second Brisbane team would work. A second Brisbane team is aimed at splitting and expanding the Broncos fan base, not killing the GC.

Back
Top Bottom