2020 footy stars prestiege release.

I guess as much as we love AFL cards, we do need to remember that ultimately Select is a business and they have employees, manufacturers, rights etc to pay. They can't be in it to not make any money, they still need to make a living so they can keep producing

Not a issue for me at all, my main issue with Select is lazy card making and stifling any non-positive feedback. It does nothing but alienate the people you are actually trying to get money from to pay they staff and so forth. To me it's not a good stance to take.

The main issue I have when it comes to money and collecting is towards some certain people within the scene whether it be flipping cases that were earmarked for a page to make a quick profit, clear profiteering with sub-standard service, using Government bodies to try and take down other pages and ect. The list goes on forever.....one of the reasons why I have thought of giving up on collecting, too many big egos and people thinking they deserve something from the scene.

It seems every card shop in the country will be sold out of these within days, sealed boxes and cases are only going to rise in value particularly when there are dozens of Dusty/DeGoey Showstoppers that haven't been pulled.

Are that many still not been seen? That's all I have seen on the pages.

Feel like Freo/ WC/ Sydney and Adelaide are missing the most.

a couple of handy pulls?

img068.jpg

It seems every card shop in the country will be sold out of these within days, sealed boxes and cases are only going to rise in value particularly when there are dozens of Dusty/DeGoey Showstoppers that haven't been pulled.
i think you summed it up perfectly!

Amazing to think this release sold out in about the same time Supremacy sold out.

Aside from the fact Prestige now number almost every insert, it's a pretty average release without autos or patches etc. I believe "actual" online secondary sales will illustrate this over time. The want price on some predictors and 001 and jumper numbers are just ridiculous.

Just shows where the hobby is at. Not a bad thing, just a little inflated.

for those interested...a huge pull was struck at "sports card world" in adelaide. The dusty showstopper #1/40 was pulled. A monster card that will be hard to serpass in this release.

It was actually a case that was purchased from sports card world and broken live in a Facebook AFL Break group. Suprisingly enough an even bigger card was pulled in that break and I happen to know the person who received it ;) It was a fitting way to do the groups 100th break.
received_2664140657205011.jpeg

It was actually a case that was purchased from sports card world and broken live in a Facebook AFL Break group. Suprisingly enough an even bigger card was pulled in that break and I happen to know the person who received it ;) It was a fitting way to do the groups 100th break.
received_2664140657205011.jpeg
nice card I hope it arrived to its owner not damaged like some of the cards he sends, I’m surprised he has made it to 100 breaks the guy is dodgy, I have seen so many complains of cards arriving damaged Because he doesn’t put them in top loaders and when you question him about it you get blocked from the group, absolute scum

Apparently Dominance will have every card numbered, should be interesting.

I liked Prestige although with our financial situation hit pretty hard by Covid I did not partake, and unlike Supremacy I didnt feel like Prestige was a "must have" . However, the price point and box break down was excellent and Select are miles ahead for me where they were a few years ago so again, it is a big tick for me. I also think Showstoppers will be a massive card value wise for as long as there are collectors, the others from Prestige, I'm not sure about (besides the big names/teams of course).

With the increased demand in the hobby and the massive amount of product that can be moved through breakers Select almost have a licence to print money right now and the general consensus is they are giving collectors what they want and right now, demand is greater than supply.

This will be an interesting topic to look back on in a few years I feel, but for right now, I think Select are meeting the current needs of the hobby very well, however for me personally, I'm mainly waiting for Supremacy 2, but will still get involved here and there with the other releases

yep, well said Jonathon m,
some people have different thoughts
but for the box price point,select are giving the hobby value and some sweet collectables

was not aware of that 10 pack minimum.
buy your loose from a LCS and there is no minimum
plus help keep the doors open on the very few shops we have here in oz!
With a for lease sign up it won’t help keep the door open, but I picked up 3 packs from card zone today. I got a Tarryn Thomas signature from the last few packets I purchased from them.

Today first pack Ziebell zebra, so I wasn’t holding great hope for the other two. Next packet Pendlebury red parallel (52). It’s been ages since I pulled a Collingwood insert, so was super happy with that. Luck kept rolling with a Tom McDonald Brownlow vote getter (51) in the final pack.

Three packets, three inserts! All from a box that had been half picked over.

Last edited:
With a for lease sign up it won’t help keep the door open, but I picked up 3 packs from card zone today. I got a Tarryn Thomas signature from the last few packets I purchased from them.

Today first pack Ziebell zebra, so I wasn’t holding great hope for the other two. Next packet Pendlebury red parallel (52). It’s been ages since I pulled a Collingwood insert, so was super happy with that. Luck kept rolling with a Tom McDonald Brownlow vote getter (51) in the final pack.

Three packets, three inserts! All from a box that had been half picked over.
Cardzone is for lease? :oops:

Grabbed a couple of boxes of Prestige the other day. Sent Wednesday express and the tracking still isn’t saying it’s being delivered today. And being a public holiday Monday I’m going to have to wait until Tuesday at best. You fellow collectors understand my pain here 😭

Back
Top Bottom