2020 footy stars prestiege release.

I have been birthday surprised with a case that I'm sharing with the kids!!

I agree the cards in hand are beautiful... I really love the greens. Also I think even the zebras look good :) Agree the only average card is Milestones..

Managed 3 #001's and a super nice Showstopper. Plus many more nice hits. I think there is so much value in these at just $140.

I will post a thread later today with the hits :)

Good luck everyone!

Was hoping to buy a box and crack it on my birthday (today), but so far none have arrived in WA.

EDIT: As I literally just posted this, they have rocked up at JustCards!

Alternatively can someone tell me who the platinum BP is for GWS besides wild card and other GWS players apart from commons and paras?
I have proof from a box i busted earlier :D

20200529_142835.jpg

Since the early '90s I've been purchasing a few loose packets of a release and then buying the cards I want. It gives me the fun of the unknown without costing a heap and I don't have the hassle of flipping cards from other clubs to get some money back. Disappointingly the minimum number of loose packets that can be purchased via Select is 10 (they don't tell you until you get to the cart) and they have to be sent via registered post at the cost of $12. I get that this release is marketed as a higher end set, but it's ridiculous that one can't buy just a few packets. It's hardly as elite as supremacy.

I have a foot in both camps, while I'm critical of what Select do it's only because I want the best and sometimes it does not come across as that with some of their products. So I happily champion their better products like the Captain sigs and Supremacy, while calling out the laziness of using the same shots with the lower end of Prestige. Also don't like seeing people getting insta muted on the Select FB for showing the slightest annoyance at a product or service.

When it comes to certain names in the collecting world, some things really do need to come to light to show how shitty they are especially when it comes to money and page v page politics.

I have a foot in both camps, while I'm critical of what Select do it's only because I want the best and sometimes it does not come across as that with some of their products. So I happily champion their better products like the Captain sigs and Supremacy, while calling out the laziness of using the same shots with the lower end of Prestige. Also don't like seeing people getting insta muted on the Select FB for showing the slightest annoyance at a product or service.

When it comes to certain names in the collecting world, some things really do need to come to light to show how s***ty they are especially when it comes to money and page v page politics.

I guess as much as we love AFL cards, we do need to remember that ultimately Select is a business and they have employees, manufacturers, rights etc to pay. They can't be in it to not make any money, they still need to make a living so they can keep producing

Do you reckon the box prices will go down?

Is this a rhetorical question? Not sure if you’re being serious or not, but I’ll answer it anyway. No the price of boxes won’t go down. Apart from a couple of dull Future Force releases, box prices never go down. There is always the lure of a big hit that keeps people buying boxes and keeping prices the same or higher.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom