2020 footy stars prestiege release.

Anyway moving on - 8 of the zebra die cuts per box.. (1 every 3 packs).
the inserts yet to come are all numbered.. hopefully not another starburst in there.
also unsure on whether every pack has an insert, but i'd say it's likely.
we also know that you won't get a full base set per box (which is disappointing if you collect base sets). thinking it will be about 30 cards short.

I understand your point and agree in part but this one is sailing very close to the wind.

I can accept that some cards will look similar and there are limited options available.......but when you have a card that is so close its entering into a dangerous territory where you may be infringing on someone else's trademark/registered property.

I mean card companies have pursued legal action over smaller infringements....

You can`t tell me TLA or what ever they call them self now are not copying or making designs similar to those of other manufactures in the world ....

They even trying at this point? CTRL-C Then CTRL-V

I mean i'm sure Panini would love seeing their concepts being "adapted" to the local market.

1589328525224.png
1589328491555.png

When does paying Homage to an insert set become a copyright infringement?

Just a thought!
Not even close to being the same your hate for select really comes out when ever a new series is about to be released

Last edited:
Case cards are in this release also but no signature versions

Where did you hear that?

That sucks, hope it’s not Mundy now. There are some great case cards to come.

Franklin, Betts, Mundy, Pendlebury.

All deserve case card sigs in my opinion

Last edited:
Tbh I’m not sure I see any real similarity between the two other than being called “zebra”.

Completely different inserts in my eyes. Wouldn’t say I’m a big fan of this new insert, but it’s an improvement on the leopard starbursts.

I agree. Don't see much similarity at all - sure it's the same 'concept' if you'd like but in terms of design not at all. Even though I've never been a huge fan of Diecuts it will be nice to have 3 variations to match up in an album.

So foil variant of Milestone numbered to 200 at two per box. So far looking like a real money spinner for Select with minimal effort.

My maths gets 750 cases.
I'm guessing based on those numbers, one showstopper and two predictors per case around /45.

It's important to remember that this is NOT a new series. It's a hobby version follow on from the retail Footy Stars (just like NBA releases). While it'd be great to have some more different cards, we can't be expecting that from this series. It's not the main purpose

It's important to remember that this is NOT a new series. It's a hobby version follow on from the retail Footy Stars (just like NBA releases). While it'd be great to have some more different cards, we can't be expecting that from this series. It's not the main purpose

Yea fair call. I know we are all expecting another Starburst variant, possibly more given how much Paul Harvey has been on Select's Facebook page lately.

The initial release details did mention some new inserts exclusive to this release though but maybe they are holding them back for later previews.

I'm guessing based on those numbers, one showstopper and two predictors per case around /45.

Yea Showstopper looks like /40 at one per case. There's four Predictors to every one Showstopper though so my feeling is one Platinum predictor every three boxes which would be four per case.

Yea Showstopper looks like /40 at one per case. There's four Predictors to every one Showstopper though so my feeling is one Platinum predictor every three boxes which would be four per case.
At /40 per showstopper that would mean 720 cases, which is possible. That equates to 3 predictors per case also /40

Interesting to note that so far there has been a 1 per 3 pack insert (8 per box) and 1 per 12 pack insert (2 per box). If the ratios keep getting rarer from now on (e.g. the next two previews are box hits) it looks only to be half of the packs with hits.

At /40 per showstopper that would mean 720 cases, which is possible. That equates to 3 predictors per case also /40

The maths on the milestones comes to 750 cases though.

I'm guessing there is an insert rarer than one per case which will make the maths work out on the platinums and Showstoppers, perhaps a redemption of some kind.

The numbered parallel versions are no different to what TLA put out in Traders Priority albeit in the same release. I was skeptical of those variants and they were a cash grab, much like this, but have been very popular.

Interesting to note that so far there has been a 1 per 3 pack insert (8 per box) and 1 per 12 pack insert (2 per box). If the ratios keep getting rarer from now on (e.g. the next two previews are box hits) it looks only to be half of the packs with hits.

I'm not sure if it will be half but I'm confident packs with no hits will be the case, much like series two and Future Force.

Too many releases per year doing me a favour. Too many cards to collect so will stop collecting. Maybe Select should have 1 set per year and start with Footy Stars idea then have insert sets half and end of year with major inserts without doubling up on commons, these could be issued like the Supreme set with seven numbered cards per box.

Back
Top Bottom