2020 Elite NRL - UPDATED Checklist Page 41

No I’m talking about dragons being March premiers and then collapse, and drop out the eight

That’s what I thought you were putting out with the Dragons reference. I feel the Roosters are very much still better positioned to crow again. Hopeful that we are not playing a game of Eels and Ladders, so to speak....

Not getting too cocky.

Oops.......

Elite 1.jpg

Elite 2020 (Apologies on the image quality..... its how it was sent to us)

Elite 1.jpg
Elite 2.jpg
Elite 3.jpg
Elite 4.jpg

FAQ !

Young Guns – No signature version this year, but all cards are individually numbered and limited (a great looking subset) with teams now locked down and player rotation, we simply could not get these signature in 2020

League Sensation - What is the Team version? The team subset use the colour of the teams in the designs, there are also a Black and White version the team version looks amazing.

Golden Ticket – 16 Ticket set individually numbered ? Each redemption will secure the collector a 2018 Milestone.

There is only 6 x 1 of 1's on the checklist but there was 8 last year. No Titans or Warriors on either list., this ties back to the Road to the Finals subset.

Why is there 2 Spotlight Patches & 6 Road To Finals Patches? because the jerseys TLA receive from the teams to be included in the road to the finals must be worn by that player in a finals game (it is very difficult to get these match worn jerseys because of the way the kit is allocated and used by teams), if we receive a worn player jersey not form the finals then we use it in the Spotlight insert series. We will continue this again in 2021 to cover all 16 teams by the end of 2021.

Why Billy Slater as the first Master Series feature? TLA has a very close working relationship with the Storm and Billy, we secured Billy as the first of 16 Masters to feature in Elite, Billy’s stellar career has given us so much valuable content, this will be the last trading card release Billy is likely to sign, his focus is now on his media career. We are very excited to have Billy as our first Master and very grateful for his time and access to memorabilia.

Thoughts?

Overall really like especially the use of different photos for the silvers. Sad no young guns sigs they are often the best cards to collect long term imo. Hard to work out the ratios with all the different signature cards would I be right in thinking 4 autos per case overall?

Hmmm...pros and cons. Some nice looking cards but looks like they've stuck with the cheap non-gloss Mojos again. The gloss coating must cost too much.

I was not expecting Manly Jersey cards so I feel for those who's team has missed out (been there though!).

Dally Ms and Masters look like nice designs.

NRLW still only has 4 teams right?

I like the crowd in the background of the base/silver but have a sneaking suspicion it's photoshopped rather than a genuine action shot? The Cornder silver seems to indicate that anyway! One of these days they'll get it right. TLA - it's OK to have a part of another player in a pic!

Only 8 cards per pack rather than 9 as per previous years, I guess that means less base cards to burn (oops, I mean sort) at the end of the day.

No mention of box cards as such, or album cards. At least the Elite Album still has the year printed on it!

Not trying to be negative but the Golden Ticket Redemption is a complete cop-out imo - 2018 Milestones????, come-on - great way to dump unwanted stock that could not even be given away with cases last year! I guess that means they've decided to sell the 5th Master set instead.

Back
Top Bottom