2020 Elite NRL - UPDATED Checklist Page 41

So am I wrong? Is it possible that there will be a third LS signature variant? If so perhaps;
/65 in black ink on white board
/40 in gold ink on black board
/25 in silver ink on black board replicating appearance of platinum

But then what about the young guns?
Getting to be like the mojos

I think it’s just a build that is happening in card collection in general. And with the successes of traders priority I think it’s a good idea.
Spend an extra $40 and get two cards at worst worth $100.
the Priority CH on average have gone for $100 with some reaching $400. That has to be a good thing right? Sure the options to buy it can be better and that’s a fair discussion but the expansion is a good thing I believe

To fix it do you build a third set that’s just a base set - But they do that with B+L.

I think the days of set collecting are gone but the fun of trying to get what you can is still very much alive IMO

Last edited:
If priority boxes/cases are already sold out and there was no advertising or availability to consumers can that be classed as a restriction of trade? I’m not a fan of the priority idea but I would be happier with it if they had a week or two window were consumers could buy direct from TLA (limited per person amounts) then once that period is over dealers can buy as much as they want.
Just my thoughts 👍

If priority boxes/cases are already sold out and there was no advertising or availability to consumers can that be classed as a restriction of trade? I’m not a fan of the priority idea but I would be happier with it if they had a week or two window were consumers could buy direct from TLA (limited per person amounts) then once that period is over dealers can buy as much as they want.
Just my thoughts 👍

I am not familiar with the relevant laws but I believe the priority is being used as a dealer incentive. My understanding is that there is no profit for a reseller but helps move the standard Elite along.

Boxes of priority will be available to the GP in some capacity but likely as deals. Buy two boxes of Elite or a case and qualify for a box of priority. I think a priority box will be $230 +

The above is only opinion not fact though, so don’t take it as gospel.

Just my thoughts 👍
I would be happy if i could go to the newsagent and buy a few packs of priority at 10.00 a pack,rather than paying 220.00 to 240.00 for a box.But thats not going to happen.

Just my thoughts 👍
I don’t mind the priority box idea but only being able to purchase 1 box from dealers made it so hard to collect the numbered versions from the set. If it wasn’t for picking up 2/3 of mine from eBay I would have had no chance.

I am not familiar with the relevant laws but I believe the priority is being used as a dealer incentive. My understanding is that there is no profit for a reseller but helps move the standard Elite along.

Boxes of priority will be available to the GP in some capacity but likely as deals. Buy two boxes of Elite or a case and qualify for a box of priority. I think a priority box will be $230 +

The above is only opinion not fact though, so don’t take it as gospel.
That would be somewhat fair if it still wasn’t restricted. What I mean by that is look at traders priority, plenty of people wanted to buy stock of it but get told it’s sold out and you can’t buy a box yet there’s tons still out there for breaks which limits who can buy it even if they have the money ready to go. Only a certain amount was used to actually sell as boxes and the rest is breaks which imo isn’t right and just hurts and frustrates collectors just to keep dealers happy.
Dealers need to be looked after yes because if they fall over the hobby is in big big trouble but my point is it shouldn’t be they get looked after so much that it’s to the detriment of some collectors. I was lucky to get my priority traders ones so it’s not me whinging because I missed out like some people might think, yet I still wasn’t a fan of how it went so I can imagine & know some of the big frustrations from collectors wanting to get boxes and not being able to and having to try get into a break (which is harder and harder to do) just for a 1/16 chance of hitting a priority card.
I should also point out this isn’t about bagging dealers, they do a great job and without all of them either current or long gone I wouldn’t have half my cards in my PC. I just think TLA should be more open to all. 🥰

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom