2019 Official NRL Thread (Spoilers/Rumours/Game Results/Discussions etc.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Go Bulldogs.
what is the go with this bloody dumb rule of running behind a player or impeding a player's ability to make a tackle.
I know the difference, have done for ever.
But I feel the ref's do not how to make the correct ruling.
The first try parra should have had, when the number 6 split them up the middle, and Lawrence was already in front of him and running back towards his own line was impeded by another parra player along side the number 6.
how the hell was he impeded if he had already run through the line.
Poor parra duped again.

what is the go with this bloody dumb rule of running behind a player or impeding a player's ability to make a tackle.
I know the difference, have done for ever.
But I feel the ref's do not how to make the correct ruling.
The first try parra should have had, when the number 6 split them up the middle, and Lawrence was already in front of him and running back towards his own line was impeded by another parra player along side the number 6.
how the hell was he impeded if he had already run through the line.
Poor parra duped again.
The problem with the obstruction rule is that like most rules the clubs learn to exploit them . They are told to pull up as to get the call . Common sense needs to be applied as many try’s are being disallowed due to bad options by defenders .

The problem with the obstruction rule is that like most rules the clubs learn to exploit them . They are told to pull up as to get the call . Common sense needs to be applied as many try’s are being disallowed due to bad options by defenders .
right on Joel, that parra try I spoke of, should of been a try in any ones eyes, whether or not if they were playing the tigers.
it's like I want 2 options, whichever suits me the best.

The good news I woke up this morning and the sun was shining.

Not sure why but something in the back of my head is thumping. Is it the beer I drank last nigh? Can't be I only had 3.

Oh no that's right the Dragons got flogged , should've been by more and we are now almost a lock of getting the first wooden spoon at the club in my lifetime.

To quote the Great Mark Gasnier: "Fire up Bitches"

Ross

Not sure why but something in the back of my head is thumping. Is it the beer I drank last nigh? Can't be I only had 3.

Oh no that's right the Dragons got flogged , should've been by more and we are now almost a lock of getting the first wooden spoon at the club in my lifetime.

Ross
yes ross, they have to teach cory norman how to tackle, and give dufty some some in goal positional advice.

And why leave out Ben Hunt,tied or just being rested,he still could have played better than most of them.Another rumour that Frizzel wants out.If all the attention is on the players for how badly they are performing,it might be time to find a new coach.There is so much potential there,but with injuries and lack of direction in the play,it was never going to be a good season.Well lets see what team turns up next week against the Bunnies.

And why leave out Ben Hunt,tied or just being rested,he still could have played better than most of them.Another rumour that Frizzel wants out.If all the attention is on the players for how badly they are performing,it might be time to find a new coach.There is so much potential there,but with injuries and lack of direction in the play,it was never going to be a good season.Well lets see what team turns up next week against the Bunnies.

I think this is a common symptom of filling a team with ‘name players’ as opposed to developing a squad over several years. Individually and on paper they have a great team but at present no cohesion and not really playing for each other.

a better 1 then the all the teams so far this season.
on face book, frizell has totally dismissed the call on leaving, apparently was to easts.

a better 1 then the all the teams so far this season.
on face book, frizell has totally dismissed the call on leaving, apparently was to easts.
different call, I watched that game, like every other 1, so far, I nearly turned it over to watch the womens cricket.
If Penrith can put some games like that together, they will give the comp a good shake up.
Same can be said about Canberra, they played some good footy last week for nearly the whole 80 mins.

Ross
We might be in a battle for the spoon with ya this year. My 2 tips at the start of the year were the sharks wouldn’t make the 8 and the knights to make the 4 ? Atleast the knights are closer lol.
Think the re signing of Mary is the part of the problem as the players aren’t keen on him .

We might be in a battle for the spoon with ya this year. My 2 tips at the start of the year were the sharks wouldn’t make the 8 and the knights to make the 4 ? Atleast the knights are closer lol.
Think the re signing of Mary is the part of the problem as the players aren’t keen on him .
Nah, you are still in front, all the sharks have to do is find a goal kicker, at least there having a crack at it.

Also seen a report this morning with a statement from the dragons saying Marys job isn’t in doubt 😂😂😂First sign it actually is!!!

1DED5875-AE5C-4CEE-A83C-996FF02FEC70.png
96FD6465-497B-43E9-91D4-F353969E4FB9.png

Maloney to finish career in Super League, signed with Catalan Dragons starting next season. NSW Blues and Penrith are going to feel the pinch without him there next year, Cleary will really need to step up his game as a leader

Maloney to finish career in Super League, signed with Catalan Dragons starting next season. NSW Blues and Penrith are going to feel the pinch without him there next year, Cleary will really need to step up his game as a leader

Going to really miss Jimmy...……you are right.....Nathan will need to step up but am confident he will do it!

Given the players being offloaded (Blake and DWZ) Penrith have all of Maloney's salary cap they can use for next year which I hope they use wisely.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom