2019 Official NRL Thread (Spoilers/Rumours/Game Results/Discussions etc.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gees our game is going backwards. Smith open hand slap to the head, ten in the bin.

Sivo, running shoulder charge and swinging arm to the head while on the ground, penalty.

Really need some consistency, I think a terrible call may decide the title.

Gees our game is going backwards. Smith open hand slap to the head, ten in the bin.

Sivo, running shoulder charge and swinging arm to the head while on the ground, penalty.

Think you will be right

Totally agree with the inconsistency. Having said that, could you imagine the public outrage on social media if Smith hadn't been sent to the bin, especially after last night.

I tend to think sometimes that decisions are made on field that will pass public scrutiny.

Totally agree with the inconsistency. Having said that, could you imagine the public outrage on social media if Smith hadn't been sent to the bin, especially after last night.

I tend to think sometimes that decisions are made on field that will pass public scrutiny.
Yeah thats about it, saw the lead up, smith the dirty prick holding down the head,
As to say take that, and parra player had to hold on, i say clever move, it made smith react, karma got ya smith.

Yeah thats about it, saw the lead up, smith the dirty prick holding down the head,
As to say take that, and parra player had to hold on, i say clever move, it made smith react, karma got ya smith.

Where as I thought nothing in it. Mahoney tackled him after he kicked the ball, held on and Smith slapped him away.

I know there’s only 4 teams left but I’ll put my tips in now lol.
Raiders v Roosters GF with the Roosters by 8 in the big one .

Despite the result tonight, huge season from the Eels. Spoon to week 2 of the finals. Uncovered a couple of good players also in Sivo and Brown
Lets hope they dont go back to spooners again, otherwise they will have to build another stadium to give them inspiration, it would have to be bigger and better, they might get closer top 4 then, and they would have to win more than 4 games away, then the bottom 4 teams.

Last edited:
Cooper Cronk : I’m thinking of finishing the last 2 years of my career with the roosters?
Craig Bellamy: Wtf would you do that for ?
Cooper Cronk : Got a feeling ?

Last edited:
I wonder why the young guns/future force rookie cards have been cut back so much?
The slater future force was of 570 and thats impossible to get at a decent price.
The new ones are of 90 and a 40 black

I wonder why the young guns/future force rookie cards have been cut back so much?
The slater future force was of 570 and thats impossible to get at a decent price.
Think the idea was to try and keep some value in them but hasn’t really worked as bulk product is dumped on eBay by a certain person . As for the future force cards the bigger names still get reasonable money for the number produced but for the lesser known players you can get for around the $20-$30 mark.

Different companies, different eras. The hobby has changed so much and prior to 05, Select only did one release per year so the production run on signatures was generally much higher. In 05, when Select did two releases for the first time, the Future Force numbers went down to /260.

The other consideration is that TLA have heaps of signatures in their low end release where as Select only put signatures in a few of their low end releases.

TLA have been consistent since 2013 with Elite signature numbers. They have always been /130 (aside from 13 Future Stars which were /105), the 130 is now just split into black and white signatures.

Different companies, different eras. The hobby has changed so much and prior to 05, Select only did one release per year so the production run on signatures was generally much higher. In 05, when Select did two releases for the first time, the Future Force numbers went down to /260.

The other consideration is that TLA have heaps of signatures in their low end release where as Select only put signatures in a few of their low end releases.

TLA have been consistent since 2013 with Elite signature numbers. They have always been /130 (aside from 13 Future Stars which were /105), the 130 is now just split into black and white signatures.
Right on Brendan.
Add to that, tla were doing 3 releases a year, plus all the other limited releases, there is only so much money around to substain sales going higher.
This is 1 of the main reasons dynamic went bust in the nineties, way too many cards being released and the internet being not so out there, the usual sales were corner shops, newsagents, some hobby stores, and trade shows.

Do you think it will make the prices bigger on this class of rookies if they go big? Imagine if the Smith n Slater cards were numbered to 130 instead of 570.

Do you think it will make the prices bigger on this class of rookies if they go big? Imagine if the Smith n Slater cards were numbered to 130 instead of 570.

It is difficult to say but it seems unlikely. There will always be the odd player who fetches more like Ponga last year.

Players from Souths, Dragons and Eels always fetch more as they are such well supported teams.

The biggest impact on card value these days is the availability on the secondary market. So many cards are available that it drives the price down. When Select had the license, the availability on the secondary market was much less and cards held value. This was solely due to the distribution methods.

Looks like Sam Burgess is to announce his retirement today.

Bugger!

Such a loss for Souths, England and the game. The best Pom to hit the NRL.

On Souths, I read that they are willing to let Walker go. Penrith and Titans interested. Doueihi to 6?

Rapana to Japanese Rugby. NRL blocking his potential return to Canberra for 2020 after his rugby season is up. Terrible hypocrisy as both Hayne and Benji allowed back mid season because they ‘failed’ in their respective codes. NRL worried that he won’t be paid at market value...hard to argue that when they allowed Hayne to drop 700k to switch from GC to Parra. Double standards!!

Shame indeed I can't think of any reason to like South now.................

One of my all time favourites he would have been just about my top pick in any team over the last 10 years.

Cheers
Ross
heard there were other reasons behind the shoulder retirement, to do with the other gender.
Can this be confirmed, as to what I have heard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom