2019 Official NRL Thread (Spoilers/Rumours/Game Results/Discussions etc.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
A sad loss yesterday of a footballer who epitomises what a club man is all about. Tough uncompromising a never say die attitude and a good bloke.

I saw him regularly at the Wollaware Golf Club, he will be sorely missed.

RIP Lance.

i would like to see TLA issue a tribute card or something along those lines, wishful thinking but he was a great player, always had time for fans and always had a story to share huge loss to the extended rugby league family

https://www.sharks.com.au/news/2018/08/28/sharks-statement/

They should take off 6 points for 2018, just to be safe.

Tigers miracle and win the comp.

Easy.

Flippancy aside...anyone suss to this. Fafita and Dugan call media, esp Buzz Rothfield, ****wits...Media dig up dirt and voila. Also, ex Sharks boss from this era of so called cheating also at an embattled club - deflect attention maybe?

Read it was payments totalling $250K.

At least if they cheated the cap they won the premiership......Parra does it and wins the wooden spoon!

Buzz, Kent...in outrage mode.

They can blame NRL for not doing enough.

Stick it to Fafita and Dugan.

Stuff up the 2018 ladder and get headlines aplenty with mass hysteria.

I've already seen the - "oh they self reported" go from "oops...we made a small error" to "self reporting means they are minimising the damage, there's more to this, where there's smoke there's fire...blah blah blah blah".

Is it just me or do these kinds of investigations always seem like a cluster f***?

Surely there needs to be a more direct and efficient way of dealing with cap issues.

Perhaps the best way forward is to make all TPA’s 100% transparent and bring more reward back to the cap for one club players and juniors.

I saw this else where but thought it pertinent:

I still prefer salary cap penalties based on the 2002 Bulldogs metric

1 competition point for every $25k

Then a salary cap reduction of double the breach.

And a fine of double the breach.

So if the Sharks breached the cap by $250k.

It is an immediate loss of 10 competition points.

Then a $500k reduction in their future salary cap for the next 5 years

And a fine of $500k

Last edited:
It’s amazing how it comes out a week before the finals and after 2 boofheads bag a daily telegraph journalist ?? Fair enough if they have done something wrong which they have said wasn’t in 2016 and wasn’t this year . They are one of the few clubs that are under this year ? So I don’t see why not wait till the end of the year as it only affects the players that have busted themselves all year and not the administration who have allegedly stuffed up .Talk about bad timing 😤😤

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom