2019 NRL Glory Release Official Thread

I think cardzone is the shoo near the Queen Victoria Market down here in Melbourne. They stopped doing NRL when Select lost the licence which was annoying because there aren't many down here.
Matt, they did not loose the licence, they declined to renew it.
massive difference.
Mr wang, advertises cards with certain numbers and does not have them.
I know this for a fact.
Recently he advertised legend diecut cards with the number 36 in his discription.
Naturally I was inquisitive, as I knew I already had them.
would not answer emails, so I bought them, he sends an invoice, so I rang him and said about them cards being numbered 36.
he says no I never advertise card numbers.
I said would you like me to take a snippet and send it to you,
yes please, so I used my phone and took a picture of the screen straight away, the wife does a snippet and saves it.
I printed it off and mailed it to him.
the next day the details had some how been removed from his listings.
I rang him a week later and asked did you get the info I sent you, he says yes and so what.
I did not list them, was not me. Some one else must have changed the details.
Now I know why some other people have complained about him in the past.
Don't expect any reality from him, he is only interested in money.

I didn't know what happened, just that there was a different manufacturer and cardzone didn't carry them.

Completely disagree. The hobby falls over without resale and ongoing value of cards. I understand that a card or release not being accessible to some is frustrating but as I said, the best part of collecting is working hard and ticking something you want off the list, putting a collection together is a gradual thing.

If all cards are accessible to all levels of collectors then they might as well not be numbered or limited in edition either.

The hobby as it currently stands is almost not sustainable with the low prices on signature cards and the way product is dumped into the secondary market.

For a release like Glory, you have to remember that a reseller big or small, is outlaying a huge amount of money straight up so if they can make a little back by the market value staying up then so be it.
I get your point but a numbered card is still a numbered card regardless if it's $50 or $500. Wasn't such a issue back when there was only 1 set a year that had high end stuff to collect but now there's 4 a year 😬
I'm not a fan of any dealer having full control over a release especially someone who doesn't collect. Makes things harder to come by even if you have the $$$ as its drip feed to collectors. But in saying that I understand it's all a business and money talks and without that no products would get made at all to try and collect.

Wang still sells TLA. He had open boxes on the shelf and cases behind the counter last time I was down there.

Brandy likes his cards though sonthat would be weird if him. Although maybe he is sick of all the ebayers who ask him to sign the same things over and over at every game he is at so doesn't want to add to that
Why would you care if 50% of the people that want your signature make $3 off it 😂😂. Most would want them for their pcs I imagine.

Why would you care if 50% of the people that want your signature make $3 off it 😂😂. Most would want them for their pcs I imagine.
Because there are greedy people that expect him and others to sign 10-20 even 30 at a time and do so frequently and that would be very annoying especially if you're to nice to say no to them so if you have less things that people would want signed then it slows down

Because there are greedy people that expect him and others to sign 10-20 even 30 at a time and do so frequently and that would be very annoying especially if you're to nice to say no to them so if you have less things that people would want signed then it slows down
Well more fool them for signing 30 cards , not hard to say I’ll do a few for each person. If someone expects a player to sign 30 cards well that’s just rude ??

Very true but i can't see this release being busted at the same rate as elite due to the price and the release so close after christmas may help maintain pricing a little as it may be harder obtaining cards for those that wait for the secondary market. just dependant on how much gets busted up front.

With THE WHOLESALE CUT OFF DATE BEING 4TH OF FEB, 2019 ( AS PER ORDER FORM FROM JHL MARKETING ) any dealer wishing to purchase cases after this date will pay a higher price than original wholesale price .....Unless you are a dealer with a good cash flow this could also determine the amount of cases that are busted early .....

Back
Top Bottom