2019 dominance review

How did they come up with the "Timeless" players.
The cards look nice, but a few of the players featured are more than questionable.

'Collect the players that have been around for a lifetime and who have earned the respect of every supporter"
Matthew Lobbe? Mark Baguley? Dawson Simpson? Tim Mohr!!! He is on Hawthorns Rookie list this season

How did they come up with the "Timeless" players.
The cards look nice, but a few of the players featured are more than questionable.

'Collect the players that have been around for a lifetime and who have earned the respect of every supporter"
Matthew Lobbe? Mark Baguley? Dawson Simpson? Tim Mohr!!! He is on Hawthorns Rookie list this season
It is every player on an afl list over the age of 30

Common base:
In all honesty these are not the best looking common card design I've ever seen but that factor is certainly excusable - in the era of inserts, nobody could really care less what they look like
(IMO series 1 commons this year we're a better design not to mention the 1994 commons the best ones ever)

Holographic parallel cards:
As long as there's a parallel set in series ii nowadays and that their a numbered concept, could anyone care what they look like much less than the base set? Wouldn't say so, as long as they're fancier than the base set also
IMO the 2013 parallel cards were the best from select in spite they weren't numbered, yet a series 1 concept

All Australian 22:
This concept in series ii is here to stay and like the commons, nobody cares what they look like - in fact fancier design will never prevent a complete set plummeting to $22 all up

Timeless:
Certainly like this concept and an exceptional design for a lower end numbered concept. Like the way these replacing HOF low end alongside team leaders and goal to goals

Rookie cards:
Knew these would be back with no surprises. An excellent starting point for players PC's and glad they've continued

Draft Pick signature cards:
Glad to see these back in the collection piece and these remind me of a US basketball style design: definitely the equal best design along with last year's and the platinum DPS ones of 2008

Players ink signatures:
This is evidently a revised version of the certified concept and not a bad one at all: love Phil Davis has become a signee as a GWS collector
Do love the blue ink for a change but wouldn't mind seeing black ink come back sooner or later

Medal winners:
Appreciate this concept has been moved to a case hit concept rather than one in every box

High flyers:
Love the way there's a concept in this release for all 18 clubs numbered the same as a case hit card. Believe these will look better on hand and hope next year's release will have a decent replacement with something similar yet different: a design resembling the cazaily 94 commons would be awesome as a high end hit

Dominance black /60:
Excellent design and the good news for drama5 on here is he'll never see one of those dodgy signatures on one of these cards - must agree an IP would look horrid on one of these. Only con IMO whit is small is that Gaga is not vin the Canberra ACT livery - IMO Giants high ends look better with players in this Guernsey

Captain signature cards:
Sensational! Glad the top ends are back accumulated for all clubs and glad select has made Guernsey cards every few years to make such concept unique
Also love the way they've kept the design from the naughties.
Only con IMO is next year when it's my team's turn for this concept, Davis won't be accounted for?

Collingwood triple signature:
Yes! I knew it!!! A Collingwood Shaw card! Love the way Ray's kids have the logos on the panels like Gazza had last year. At the of the day, I'm not going to take food off the table to snap up one of these and can happily except I will never be an owner of one of these cards.
Only other con is these signatures should have been signed in silver ink on black panels (presume they're not)

Overall verdict 8.5/10
No release is perfect but unlike legacy, IMO select have next to nailed this one
I like your review but I liked Legacy, apart from that agree.

Back
Top Bottom