2019 Billy Slater Calendar

Leopold09

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Lee
Good to know the G.O.A.T is still with us from a collecting point of view for 2019

D669A115-6E30-4A2E-99B4-8EA829ACE5AB.jpeg
49CEE931-BD1B-4426-9778-8C4DECD87E88.jpeg

G.O.A.T.Doe,s the G stand for grub.
Not a storm fan by any means ,but you can’t deny he could play . Best fullback I’ve seen , way better then Lockyer. I know he played 5/8 as well but as a fullback don’t think anyone comes close over the last 20 years ?

Having lived in Brisbane & Melbourne the last 3 years I guess I have a great appreciation for the G.O.A.T and understand his stature & standing in the game. Also remember his cradling David Williams at Brookie when we feared the worst in 2011. People always forget that!

Not a storm fan by any means ,but you can’t deny he could play . Best fullback I’ve seen , way better then Lockyer. I know he played 5/8 as well but as a fullback don’t think anyone comes close over the last 20 years ?
right on Joel, I have been watching footy ever since I could remember, from as early as the late 60's.
Putting it in perspective,
Billy has only been playing since what 2002-2003, imo he has to be without a shadow of a doubt the BEST fullback of his time.( his time).
Not the best of all time.
In saying that he has to be 1 of the nigglest fullbacks of his time as well.
He has just about been the instigator of every skirmish on the field when melbourne are playing, along with chambers.

He is a great player. However a player like him that niggled and carried on like he does in the 60s to 80s would have been bashed each week. He wouldn't have lasted a season. Cameron Smith is the same. His head would be like a pumpkin with the amount of head butts he would have received each scrum back in the day. Different eras require different skill levels and qualities. Both lucky to be in a violence friendly era.

He is a great player. However a player like him that niggled and carried on like he does in the 60s to 80s would have been bashed each week. He wouldn't have lasted a season. Cameron Smith is the same. His head would be like a pumpkin with the amount of head butts he would have received each scrum back in the day. Different eras require different skill levels and qualities. Both lucky to be in a violence friendly era.
aint that the truth.

Back
Top Bottom