2019-20 Donruss Optic Prices

1stBowman

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Damien
COMC User
1stBowman
Just saw some pre-sell prices. Looks like nearly a 100% increase on last year's release. I like the product but this is annoying. I'd be ok if it's just Zion mania and the hobby boxes drop back to around $220 ( their prices for last year's release)next year but that's not what's going to happen.

If this trend continues I won't be busting much basketball wax. I busted 7 Prizm retail boxes last year ($100 - $110 each) 1 box of FB($180) and a dozen blasters ( $35-$40 each). I only busted one hobby box of Optic ($220) but that's because it was hard to find and 2 retail boxes ($95 each).

No Prizm so far this season.

Apologies for the doom but I was looking forward to Optic at the end of the month but $425 for a hobby box sucks.

These increases can't be sustainable long term, surely.

It will be interesting to see. Only seems to be more and more people entering/coming back into the hobby, so I can only see prices continuing to trend upwards.

With the way hobby boxes are at the moment, my focus is really just on retail products and lower-end stuff. Otherwise, I'm just priced out.

I know I should just focus on singles, but nothing like busting some packs.

Makes sense for Panini as a business but yep it sucks

Prizm got popular so next season was 2x$ then people moved to Optic
Last years and earlier optic got popular, boom 3x$ for 2019-20

What will people move to next???

Just having a whinge as I'm priced out. If it is being driven by more and more people entering the market then great. I guess it will correct itself.

Back
Top Bottom