2019-20 Donruss Optic Prices

1stBowman

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Damien
COMC User
1stBowman
Just saw some pre-sell prices. Looks like nearly a 100% increase on last year's release. I like the product but this is annoying. I'd be ok if it's just Zion mania and the hobby boxes drop back to around $220 ( their prices for last year's release)next year but that's not what's going to happen.

If this trend continues I won't be busting much basketball wax. I busted 7 Prizm retail boxes last year ($100 - $110 each) 1 box of FB($180) and a dozen blasters ( $35-$40 each). I only busted one hobby box of Optic ($220) but that's because it was hard to find and 2 retail boxes ($95 each).

No Prizm so far this season.

Apologies for the doom but I was looking forward to Optic at the end of the month but $425 for a hobby box sucks.

These increases can't be sustainable long term, surely.

ChrisQ

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Chris
eBay User
ChrisQ17
It will be interesting to see. Only seems to be more and more people entering/coming back into the hobby, so I can only see prices continuing to trend upwards.

With the way hobby boxes are at the moment, my focus is really just on retail products and lower-end stuff. Otherwise, I'm just priced out.

I know I should just focus on singles, but nothing like busting some packs.

1stBowman

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Damien
COMC User
1stBowman
Just having a whinge as I'm priced out. If it is being driven by more and more people entering the market then great. I guess it will correct itself.

Top Bottom