2019-20 DONRUSS - NAME MISSING ON CARD - ZION

bradt82

OzCardTrader
Real Name
brad
eBay User
bb_collectables1
Hey guys,

I grabbed 3 hanger boxes of 2019-20 Donruss (50 cards per box) to have a bit of fun with.

Whilst opening them something weird popped out from all 3 cases.

Rookie cards with no names on the front of card. 16 in total - 1 being a Zion.

It was only rookies who were missing names.

I've been trying to get some info but no one really knows what's going on. Misprint? Factory error?

The only Zion's I can see listed on Ebay all have his name on front of card.

The only 1 sale I can find is of a Kyle Guy described as a misprint possible 1/1 that went for $15USD... I contacted the guy and he doesn't know what's going on either and thought he'd throw it up on Ebay and got a hit (whilst also congratulating me on the Zion).

So what's your take on it? Heard anything about this? If the Guy went for $15 I'm obviously keen to see what this Zion could be worth....

image_123927839.JPG

DD9EDEB1-5D2C-4C3F-B91C-CBCA896B7BB3.jpg

Sure would!

I've had offers up to $150 so far.

A bit torn really. Still can't work out what's going on and how rare it might be.

Think I'm just going to hold on to it. 150 bucks isn't going to change my week but if it turns out to be rare enough and he lives up to the hype it just might be worth a decent chunk somewhere down the line.

It's not just any base card though, is it?

That's my point. I just don't know what the details are and no one has any idea. Certainly no one in Australia as I've asked Cherry and a few other card dealers.

The offers (1 x $150 and 1 x $125) have come from the US.

If there were heaps they would have flooded ebay by now, but nada....

It's a tough one, but as I said 150 bucks isn't going to change my week. I've lost that plenty of times on the punt. Happy to take a punt on this one and see how it unfolds.

It's not just any base card though, is it?

That's my point. I just don't know what the details are and no one has any idea. Certainly no one in Australia as I've asked Cherry and a few other card dealers.

The offers (1 x $150 and 1 x $125) have come from the US.

If there were heaps they would have flooded ebay by now, but nada....

It's a tough one, but as I said 150 bucks isn't going to change my week. I've lost that plenty of times on the punt. Happy to take a punt on this one and see how it unfolds.

Not telling you what to do by any means. Money in hand is a good thing though 🤑

I definitely would hold on to it. I reckon you could still get $150 6 months down the line, even if there are a few floating around. If there aren't that many floating around, you could be sitting on a gem

I definitely would hold on to it. I reckon you could still get $150 6 months down the line, even if there are a few floating around. If there aren't that many floating around, you could be sitting on a gem

Yep that's what I'll be doing I think.

Another offer overnight for $220 but think I'll take it down off eBay and just hold for now.

Oh, and Zion is killing it, the hype is growing.

Back
Top Bottom