2019/20 cricket cards

Sad day. Tap n Play put out some wonderful sets, and some of the nicest cards we have seen.

Terrible timing too, as I can't see someone picking up the licence with no guarantee we will even have cricket this year.

Sad day. Tap n Play put out some wonderful sets, and some of the nicest cards we have seen.

Terrible timing too, as I can't see someone picking up the licence with no guarantee we will even have cricket this year.

Yes - this year could’ve been great with a world tournament on home soil, but I wonder if all the uncertainty has helped with this decision

I have no doubt that there will be Cricket Cards out later this year for the coming season.

I have no doubt that there will be Cricket Cards out later this year for the coming season.

Can you elaborate more on this?

I would love to see a split BBL and CA release which included touring teams again. Unfortunately this isn’t viable in the current market.

I would love to see some history / nostalgia back into a CA release.

From what I have heard what goes into the set is predominantly specified by Cricket Australia. They are quite controlling with content.

I just hope someone does a set, and reading between the lines from @Matt26 it looks like someone is so that's great news.

Hopefully the new licence holder does a great job with it and gets it out nice and early with some great cards to collect.

Was alerted to this today which was posted on net.

1590395442430.png

It’s possible as TLA certainly have plenty of cricket talent on their books. This would be a way for them to get further into the market. If they do get the license they can certainly produce some nice cards but the volumes they like to make will be an issue as will integrity / honesty if the recent events in the NRL are anything to go by.

Cricket Australia must be really hard to deal with. Many have attempted and just couldn’t stick it out.

Far from it, always very accommodating and actually have a good idea about the card market.

As long as you met the CA brand guidelines and met the player quotas (good male/female ratios) they pretty much left you alone to create what you want.

One big challenge is making 2 licences work for one company.... many have tried and most have failed. Cashflow is always an issue.

Cheers
Matt

It’s possible as TLA certainly have plenty of cricket talent on their books. This would be a way for them to get further into the market. If they do get the license they can certainly produce some nice cards but the volumes they like to make will be an issue as will integrity / honesty if the recent events in the NRL are anything to go by.

Fits with what I have been told that cricket Australia want the sets bigger, I assume that means volume, not sure that’s great for the cricket market which is quite small as it is

I just hope Neil honours all the redemptions that have been sent in already. It was only about a week ago he told everyone not to worry and he would continue to redeem them in the future. I know someone who has a nice redemption that sent it in last week so fingers crossed he honours his word.

I would assume that having gone in to liquidation, I would very much doubt the redemptions will be honoured and the stock of signed cards, etc will be sold to the highest bidder to recoup dollars.

A sad state of affairs, really.

I just hope Neil honours all the redemptions that have been sent in already. It was only about a week ago he told everyone not to worry and he would continue to redeem them in the future. I know someone who has a nice redemption that sent it in last week so fingers crossed he honours his word.
I am hoping I get my redemption card back of josh Phillippe.

Back
Top Bottom