2019/20 cricket cards

I went for a drive around the Parramatta district today looking for new Traders NRL cards in newsagencys,there were no nrl cards or cricket cards.

Cricket ones will only be available via Woolworths (if they are still taking them) otherwise there was meant to be cases going to dealers?

AFL cards out now for a season that starts in 3 weeks. NRL cards out in a couple of days for a season that starts next week. Cricket cards still not out and no release date exists for a season that started five months ago. What a cock-up.

Just wish they would put something out out on social media to keep people informed 😡

It's pretty poor to be honest.......last update was Thursday last week stating that the base cards had just been cut up! Lets hope collation is bang on the mark as well!

If you can wait a few more months (whats another 2-3 months wait anyway) you will be able to buy boxes at bargain basement prices as per the previous years.

Why would anyone buy a box now at full retail?

No games to get them signed at?

Positive news is that at least they should be out before next Octobers Marsh Cup so IP collectors will have something to get signed then!

Lol in the past year you’ve had the Tyson Beck fiasco, the alleged ‘two cards with the same number’ and now this. The Women’s Final is this Sunday. No official updates since Thursday. Very disappointing

Update from Tap n Play....
Screenshot_20200304-052448_Samsung Internet.jpg

Last edited:
Ok so according to the TapNPlay website...… anyone who pre ordered a box and album will receive all the cards together in the brown paper wrapping.

So rather than individual packs you get a bundle of cards which contains 200 Base cards + 88 extra base cards + 1 signature redemption and 36 inserts.

1583292183983.png

The same applies to the 10 packs pre order which means you get 90 cards wrapped in a brown paper packaging and an album?

1583292647200.png

Sounds like it, if so then guess there will be no retail sales from shops.
Might as well just buy from the secondary market.
I don't know why tnp think they need to reinvent the wheel every release. I think they have tried a different distribution method every release. What is next year just order the cards you want for delivery direct from tnp and they come already placed in the album.
As for Eco packaging scanlens were doing it 50 years ago and still had packs to open.

I don't think tnp have a clue about collecting, I think for a lot the thrill of collecting is as much about the chase, the not knowing what is in a packand the trill of busting something as it is about simply adding a card or set to the collection.

It's only on the stock that Tap N Play is selling & presold all the Woolies & Newsagents stock will be in packets. Neil told me he is trialling this only & also it was to speed up the distribution to all the orders he had for the product sold on their site. The other reason was if he didn't do it he would of had more delays as Multipack was starting the run on Teamcoach & that runs for 2 to 3 weeks.

Back
Top Bottom