2018 Select Footy Stars

Oh boy, this is going to be tough. Two versions of the Predictors to try and collect? Going to be a long chase - but I guess that's the fun of it!

Don't mind the die cuts though. All up looks like it should be a good release :thumbsup:

interesting with parallel brownlow predictors. if the gold are numbered to 250 then the platinum are numbered to only 50?
but, just when you thought it was a good idea to have two sets of brownlow predictors there are still 145 cards in each set, that's 290 chase cards alone, which is 8 per team the same that it was last year. ridiculous!!, in my opinion.
last thought is with the starburst parallel set. the yellow starburst are 1 in 4 packs, previously 1 in 12 packs, that's too easy to get. The black starburst cards are 1 per box. Are the black starburst going to be numbered? money is on they will be numbered for sure?
i see the figure for black starburst is quoted at 600 each, that means there are 4800 of each yellow starburst!!
Will be great to see what others think of this series?

Last edited:
Here is a question from someone that is more an NRL collector than AFL.......are AFL collectors still excited by this product?

From the outside looking in......apart from the Brownlow Predictors does this product really set the collecting world on fire?

Cheers
Matt

Here is a question from someone that is more an NRL collector than AFL.......are AFL collectors still excited by this product?

From the outside looking in......apart from the Brownlow Predictors does this product really set the collecting world on fire?

Cheers
Matt
My opinion:

Does this release look like it will set the world on fire? No, probably not.

Does it look like it will be a good solid release with some very collectable cards to chase? On first impressions, yes.

Is it an improvement on what we were getting in Series 1 as recently as 2015? Absolutely, by a country mile.

At the end of the day this release is aimed at the kids to a reasonable extent. So given that, I reckon this release looks like it will be pretty good from what we've seen so far, with my only question mark over the number of Platinum Predictors which are going to be very difficult to find.

My opinion:

Does this release look like it will set the world on fire? No, probably not.

Does it look like it will be a good solid release with some very collectable cards to chase? On first impressions, yes.

Is it an improvement on what we were getting in Series 1 as recently as 2015? Absolutely, by a country mile.

At the end of the day this release is aimed at the kids to a reasonable extent. So given that, I reckon this release looks like it will be pretty good from what we've seen so far, with my only question mark over the number of Platinum Predictors which are going to be very difficult to find.
Yeah, the predictors are a strange one. Would have maybe thought a higher number of less players (the 2 to 4 best chances from each club). That way there would be 80-100 of each platinum, and maybe 300 of the regular ones.
Assuming the platinum will be signed and the regular not.

Cheers
Matt

Without writing an essay explaining reasons at length, I would buy Select over ESP all day long (regardless of sport).

This product at its $2.99 price point offers better value than any other previous release of Series 1.

Is it perfect? No. Is there room for improvement? Of course. The last few years have shown Select is actually doing something commendable compared to the dross of years gone by.

I reckon it looks good

Would rather have cards that are limited numbers and a challenge to collect than back to the 2015 days when the best you could expect from a box is a superstar reflector worth $10 max.

People are complaining about how hard it will be to get the team set buy thats what its all about. Thrill of the chase!!

Give me this set anyday than a set where in two weeks i am done

Select Footy Cards
4 hrs ·
Did you know that each 2018 Footy Stars Album comes with a limited edition Best & Fairest card insert included?

27654614_10155117617157377_8124101797375723398_n.jpg
nothing different from last year, keeping it simple!!

Select have just previewed an orange ben brown star burst which must be the the inserts in the booster pack

Back
Top Bottom