2018 Select Footy Stars

Scotty_WCE

West Coast card collector!
Real Name
Scott
eBay User
scotty_wce
It's just about that time of year again! Has anyone heard anything about this year's Series 1 release yet? Guessing it's going to be called Footy Stars again? Any other rumours floating around at this stage?

Have a feeling there will be a third round of Starburst charactertures - this time packet pulled ones on pink board and starter pack ones will be orange and finally a third yellow/lemon variant among the pink set as a footer card for each club reprinting the twelve different characters spanning over last two years.

My speculation in full break-down:

Common cards 220 as usual

Silver cards (220); 2:3 packs
Like Holofoils from last year due to all different players from commons; 1 per pack unless a Stand-up

Footy stand-ups (6 per club); 1:3 packs
All new round of six different players from last year and 1 per pack no containing silver card

Milestone Gamecards; 1:6 packs
This concept should not go away as it's good for IP collectors - GWS will be getting five - Greene 100; Cameron 100; Devon 100 (though now Dons); Shiells 100; DeBoer 150; Shaw 250 and Lids 250

Starbursts (90); 1:9 packs
Pretty sure my club will be following: Cameron; Patton; Williams and Whitfield
72 Pink cards + 18 Yellow cards =90
72 Orange cards in starter packs

Gold Parallels (220); 1:18 packs xxx/400
Based on commons and #IN

Platinum Parallels (220); 1:36 packs xxx/200
Based on commons and #IN

Brownlow Predictors (40); 1:144 packs
Fewer cards and some clubs to have more than others although all clubs at least one.

Premiership Predictors (18); 1:432 packs xxx/100
Eventual correct predictor to redeem a signature card of premiership captain and coach

The last thing that series 1 needs is a million different parallel cards to confuse the kids who are the main targets of the release. I'm not a fan of Starburst cards, but I'm sure they'll be back. Milestone cards are the best things about this release, and hopefully they go nowhere. The Brownlow predictor set needs to be cut in half and there is no point in having so many cards from the bottom clubs. Hopefully Select put their thinking caps on and come up with some new inserts for this release - if nothing else, bring the draft rookies back into this release.

I have heard one rumour doing the rounds that due to another company releasing old time players cards, Select being the innovative company that they are will be focusing in on some old time players in one of their releases this year.

Already know of 1 player who has signed for them.

I have heard one rumour doing the rounds that due to another company releasing old time players cards, Select being the innovative company that they are will be focusing in on some old time players in one of their releases this year.

That would be for the last installment of the 'Hall of Fame' Series. Should be in Series 2 later this year.

Any clues about who this player might be? :) (Presumably, working off the HoF theme, someone who was elevated to "Legend" status since the last HoF release in 2012 - I'll guess Tony Lockett?)

The AFL Fantasy Record - where the first ads for Series 1 and Teamcoach usually appear - will be released on the 9th of Feb in Victoria, so we shouldn't be too far away from more information!
Believe it will be the last year for both of these.
Do you know any info about whether the Brownlow Predictor set size will decrease? Will be interesting to see what they are replaced with next year.

Select was always going to put out a new edition of Hall of Fame. Last release was in 2012 and 2008 previous to that. I don't think Regal had anything to do with this decision.

Since then, new legends to be elevated include, Lockett, Cable, Blight and Hart. Funnily enough, Hart was a signee for Regal.

Select was always going to put out a new edition of Hall of Fame. Last release was in 2012 and 2008 previous to that. I don't think Regal had anything to do with this decision.

Since then, new legends to be elevated include, Lockett, Cable, Blight and Hart. Funnily enough, Hart was a signee for Regal.

Id have a guess and say it might be Cable that signs if it's only one of these guys.

Select have gone with a new style but the same name for Series 1 this year.
The Brownlow Predictor looks good lets hope they reduce the ridiculous number of cards in the set?

4 weeks til they hit the shelves, thats 30 sleeps for you BLOWN8, you seem to enjoy counting the days down til the release. lol

upload_2018-2-2_20-53-46.png

Who is getting pumped for the start of this years AFL season? This is going to be a huge year for Select Footy Cards with some exciting things in the pipeline! Our 2018 Footy Stars set is one of our best ever, and will be in stores from the 1st March (pre-orders from 22nd Feb). Stay tuned as we begin our preview...

Who will win this year's Brownlow Medal? Post your predictions in the comments below!

upload_2018-2-2_20-54-8.png

upload_2018-2-2_20-54-29.png

The Brownlow Predictor looks good lets hope they reduce the ridiculous number of cards in the set?

4 weeks til they hit the shelves, thats 30 sleeps for you BLOWN8, you seem to enjoy counting the days down til the release. lol

Who is getting pumped for the start of this years AFL season? This is going to be a huge year for Select Footy Cards with some exciting things in the pipeline! Our 2018 Footy Stars set is one of our best ever, and will be in stores from the 1st March (pre-orders from 22nd Feb). Stay tuned as we begin our preview...

Who will win this year's Brownlow Medal? Post your predictions in the comments below!

Not sure what you mean by that comment mate. I’m actually not too worried about series 1. I buy the odd box and packs here and there but this year will be less than usually as we are saving money. But Brownlow Predictors look good. And heard there’s some real good stuff coming so gonna have to take some will power and self control.

Nice looking predictor. Can't wait to see some of the other inserts!

YES I must say I am hoping fewere BP cards this year and I am feeling pretty certain Josh Kelly will be in the mix for GWS! Not to mention the excessive number of BP cards when many sellers are still expecting as much as $50 for one that is not even a player who will ever win a Brownlow in their career yet alone correct predictor lol

Some of you may have already seen these on Facebook but for those who haven't:

- A-Graders are returning with a fairly similar look to last year.
- Starburst Caricatures are back again, this time in gold and black versions.
- AFLW cards to be included.

The gold Starburst and an Erin Phillips card can be seen on the side of the box in the picture (taken from Select's Facebook page) below - a Jarryd Roughead black Starburst and a Josh Kennedy A-Grader can be seen in other posts on the Facebook page.

image.png

So they previewed the black one and have a gold one on there boxes.
2 variants in boxes now?
Maybe one is #ed or even both....maybe the booster packs have a #ed one too even

Interesting...

Will be interesting to see what the 2 different predictors are numbered to. Hopefully a can pull both the Dangerfield cards this year, still trying to get last years

Back
Top Bottom