2019 Official NRL Thread (Spoilers/Rumours/Game Results/Discussions etc.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
One of those calls where the outcome was always going to be divisive. Yes, Murray has the onus to clear the ruck (Penalty Dragons) and people would wear that. McInnes had ample opportunity NOT to throw the ball into Murray, who did not move a muscle from the moment the Dragons player played the ball until the time McInnes threw it into him, and from a referees perspective I can see why they called it deliberate (Penalty Souths). If I had to take sides I'd go with the latter deliberate angle, but if the on field decision went the other way I could see why. Best course of action in hindsight may have been to call play on and whoever fell on the ball got it, but then again I've had time to think about it and didn't have to make that decision in a split second.

It was deliberate. NRL quality Hookers are more than capable of avoiding the defender in those situations. They are also more than capable of deliberately throwing it into someone and making it look accidental (case in point).

Is the onus not on Murray to clear the ruck first? That is the bigger issue, if he was laying in the ruck then being his by the pass would be obviously deliberate but he was on his knees and just about waist height for McInnes. He didn’t try and move at all and unless he was injured or concussed then there was no excuse.

Is the onus not on Murray to clear the ruck first? That is the bigger issue, if he was laying in the ruck then being his by the pass would be obviously deliberate but he was on his knees and just about waist height for McInnes. He didn’t try and move at all and unless he was injured or concussed then there was no excuse.
It would happen 10 times a game where players don’t effectively clear the ruck. Hookers just take other options so as not to pass into them, such as running themselves. I get what you’re saying. I’m just saying that McInnes is good enough to avoid the player and have not affect the Dragons play. I don’t agree with the rule of penalty. But I do think it was deliberate from McInnes.

It would happen 10 times a game where players don’t effectively clear the ruck. Hookers just take other options so as not to pass into them, such as running themselves. I get what you’re saying. I’m just saying that McInnes is good enough to avoid the player and have not affect the Dragons play. I don’t agree with the rule of penalty. But I do think it was deliberate from McInnes.

Yeah I get that it was more than likely deliberate but I did think at the very least his eyes sold it well, looking straight at his first receiver. To look at it from another perspective, if Mcinnes had decided to run and run into Murray it would have been a penalty to St Merge without a doubt. Sometimes I think a common sense approach needs to be taken with rulings and interpretations. The obstruction rule is still a cluster, this inside / outside shoulder BS.. It is fairly obvious if a player can make the tackle or not!

Yeah I get that it was more than likely deliberate but I did think at the very least his eyes sold it well, looking straight at his first receiver. To look at it from another perspective, if Mcinnes had decided to run and run into Murray it would have been a penalty to St Merge without a doubt. Sometimes I think a common sense approach needs to be taken with rulings and interpretations. The obstruction rule is still a cluster, this inside / outside shoulder BS.. It is fairly obvious if a player can make the tackle or not!
Unfortunately common sense and rugby league don’t go too well together.

Souths player was kneeling he was deliberately trying to slow the play for souths as they were on the backfoot, it is a penalty minimum and if they were closer to the souths tryline i would of sent him. As I said earlier it is not the first time a souths player has done since the rule change and the rule to clear the ruck is still in place and the first infringement

Souths player was kneeling he was deliberately trying to slow the play for souths as they were on the backfoot, it is a penalty minimum and if they were closer to the souths tryline i would of sent him. As I said earlier it is not the first time a souths player has done since the rule change and the rule to clear the ruck is still in place and the first infringement

LOL

Watch the video here : https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...s/news-story/5e57b1899b8759fe7c9c83ab7263e758

Cam Murray doesn't move.

Cam McInnes passes it in to him. 50/50 call but then again, there were plenty of those against Souths in that game too.

The problem is, like Brandy says, it should be play on.

If you think it's a tactical move...well...

again, if mcinnes hadn't made a habit of doing that already this year he might have got the call. he's the reason they started specifically pinging deliberate ones this year to begin with. the referees know which players commit what offenses and errors most frequently and those players get scrutinised more for them. the refs would've received specific orders to keep an eye out for things like mcinnes passing into players and crichton not playing the ball properly.

Channel 9 has axed the Thursday night Footy show.

Cant say im surprised given how crap it was this year.

Unfortunately Molan is apparently going to be given an even more prominent role in their sports broadcasting. Would much prefer Ferguson tbh, or anyone else who knows what they’re talking about..

Channel 9 has axed the Thursday night Footy show.

Cant say im surprised given how crap it was this year.

Unfortunately Molan is apparently going to be given an even more prominent role in their sports broadcasting. Would much prefer Ferguson tbh, or anyone else who knows what they’re talking about..
Stupidity has no bounds, I don't get how someone gets a job with no knowledge for it and with the audience dislike for her still manages to maintain a job in the industry. She must have some good connections or secrets on someone

He's lucky he is only missing two games others have been stood down for longer with being caught drinking under the influence or just speeding. Cordner should of been named captain to begin with, Inglis just needs to get himself sorted and I hope for his sake he has learned from this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom