2019 Official NRL Thread (Spoilers/Rumours/Game Results/Discussions etc.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s amazing how it comes out a week before the finals and after 2 boofheads bag a daily telegraph journalist ?? Fair enough if they have done something wrong which they have said wasn’t in 2016 and wasn’t this year . They are one of the few clubs that are under this year ? So I don’t see why not wait till the end of the year as it only affects the players that have busted themselves all year and not the administration who have allegedly stuffed up .Talk about bad timing 😤😤

Part sensationalism to sell papers when reader numbers are down. Part hidden agenda I am sure, and part it is actual news. Although it was reported to nrl a few months ago why is it coming out Now and who in nrl is "leaking" it. I'm sure there is a breach somewhere there

Part sensationalism to sell papers when reader numbers are down. Part hidden agenda I am sure, and part it is actual news. Although it was reported to nrl a few months ago why is it coming out Now and who in nrl is "leaking" it. I'm sure there is a breach somewhere there
My tip is cause they are thundering into the finals lol. The Telegraph is only good for wrapping bait anyway , the Fox News of newspapers . I’ll be there Sunday so hopefully it fires them up

My tip is cause they are thundering into the finals lol. The Telegraph is only good for wrapping bait anyway , the Fox News of newspapers . I’ll be there Sunday so hopefully it fires them up
why do they not have these reported each year, it really does amuse me that this crap is still going on.
We are nearly at the end of 2018, 110 years.
gone are the days of the good old paper bag.
I personally witnessed this at Easts leagues club in the early 80's.

why do they not have these reported each year, it really does amuse me that this crap is still going on.
We are nearly at the end of 2018, 110 years.
gone are the days of the good old paper bag.
I personally witnessed this at Easts leagues club in the early 80's.
Think you’ll find nothing has changed there either lol. A bloke that used to come into work sold framed jerseys signed by the entire team , coach etc and told me they were paying 3 times the market rent on a players investment property . Plenty of ways around the salary sombrero.Think you’ll find most clubs are still being creative with the cap and almost impossible to stop it

Not yet dragons fans lol

I'm not bitter but with a lot of my mate shire boys the "no premierships" was always the perfect come back to the "St Choke" jibe.

According to nrl 2016 was compliant so premiership is safe...for now

Just saying; If I pay players overs one year to keep them at the club for the next year wouldn't that be related?

Think you’ll find nothing has changed there either lol. A bloke that used to come into work sold framed jerseys signed by the entire team , coach etc and told me they were paying 3 times the market rent on a players investment property . Plenty of ways around the salary sombrero.Think you’ll find most clubs are still being creative with the cap and almost impossible to stop it

The one I always heard about was the paper bags they picked up at check in on their end of season Vegas trip.

Cheers
Ross

Just saying; If I pay players overs one year to keep them at the club for the next year wouldn't that be related?

Really depends which media outlet you believe, 2015 was a unregistered TPP to either Chris Heighington or a player "still at the club" they have not really outlined if it breached the salary cap limit or not it was just undeclared, NRL has Said both 2016 and 2018 are compliant with sharks being 500k under for to 2018 season.

So really it's all just speculation and sensationalisation until inverstigation is finished and if Todd comes out and says it's not in the same league as canturbury or storm the nrl must not be to worried.

I did have to chuckle at Fittlers comments, asking as they don't spend more then Brisbane it's fair.... (or words to that effect)

Really depends which media outlet you believe, 2015 was a unregistered TPP to either Chris Heighington or a player "still at the club" they have not really outlined if it breached the salary cap limit or not it was just undeclared, NRL has Said both 2016 and 2018 are compliant with sharks being 500k under for to 2018 season.

So really it's all just speculation and sensationalisation until inverstigation is finished and if Todd comes out and says it's not in the same league as canturbury or storm the nrl must not be to worried.

I did have to chuckle at Fittlers comments, asking as they don't spend more then Brisbane it's fair.... (or words to that effect)
Freddy would know about dodgy payments lol

So with the finals now upon us and some suggesting only Easts or Souths can win the GF from here, What are your thoughts on the remaining 6 teams, outside any cliches such as 'any team can win it'? Whilst they have alot going against them such as Suncorp and poor form, I feel like the Dragons have a surprise for us all and those 40 to 1 odds are too good for me not to sacrifice a lobster.

In saying all that, the Roosters will win the GF :woot:

So with the finals now upon us and some suggesting only Easts or Souths can win the GF from here, What are your thoughts on the remaining 6 teams, outside any cliches such as 'any team can win it'? Whilst they have alot going against them such as Suncorp and poor form, I feel like the Dragons have a surprise for us all and those 40 to 1 odds are too good for me not to sacrifice a lobster.

In saying all that, the Roosters will win the GF :woot:
Whoa whoa whoa who’s saying this rubbish lol

Teams in bottom four and teams with 50 put on them - Saints, Warriors and Panthers - need to buck history.

But saying that, 2 points separated one to eight.

So...it's anyone's cup IMHO.

Licking my lips for the weekend's match ups.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom