2019 Official NRL Thread (Spoilers/Rumours/Game Results/Discussions etc.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
So many mistakes are from the other refs - bunker, 2nd ref, touch judges or Cameron Smith. The main referees do a good job.

The whole carry on from a small minority of the Tongan fans after that game was disgraceful. It was a one-off though.

So many mistakes are from the other refs - bunker, 2nd ref, touch judges or Cameron Smith. The main referees do a good job.

The whole carry on from a small minority of the Tongan fans after that game was disgraceful. It was a one-off though.
From memory the decision was correct as well .

I can tell you that yesterday when Merrin and RCG came off at about the 55 minute mark, both of them were fuming.......Merrin gestured up to the coaches box suggesting the coach didn't know what he was doing.....get the feeling this is something a lot of players think of Hook.

This has been coming for a while.......all the senior players aren't fans of his and the rumour is that if he was coach when it comes to re-sign a certain half back, he wouldn't be staying.

What is happening now is that they are building the team up with all of Nathan's mates in the first grade team.....to try and make it harder for him to leave. Who wouldnt want to earn 1.2 million a year playing the game you love with your best mates you have come up through the grades with?

I wonder if Ivan has had a good nap and is no longer "tired" and maybe a chance to come back?

Who knows?

I couldn't believe my eyes when Griffin got the job in the first place.

The Panthers will be the big force of the next 10 years if they get the coach right. There isn't a team with a more exciting junior roster.

I couldn't believe my eyes when Griffin got the job in the first place.

The Panthers will be the big force of the next 10 years if they get the coach right. There isn't a team with a more exciting junior roster.

Agreed, you have a look at the talent they have coming through......basically every junior team from ISP team down has won a title over the past few years. Only the NRL team that hasnt.

I would prefer them to appoint a caretaker (probably Cameron Ciraldo) and start the search for a well established coach who wants to lead a great group of young players over the next few years.

I hate players who get up and lie about scoring. They celebrate or "Oh...I just don't know..."

What about last night? Darius Boyd fails to score a plum sitter. Don't see ref getting stuck in to him.

But then for the rest of game...arms outstretched "oh come on ref".

It s***s me to tears.
hate Darius Boyd anyway, always have, born bloody whinger.

Agreed, you have a look at the talent they have coming through......basically every junior team from ISP team down has won a title over the past few years. Only the NRL team that hasnt.

I would prefer them to appoint a caretaker (probably Cameron Ciraldo) and start the search for a well established coach who wants to lead a great group of young players over the next few years.
couldn't believe, after saying that comment yesterday about there defence, and at 2 pm today I read Griffin has been sacked. wow.

panthers need to get rid of gould, i cant see them winning a premiership while he is there. he interfers too make with the coaching staff causing the unease amongst the ranks

Credit where its due, he rescued the club from almost going under to where it is now......I have no doubt that would have happened.

In saying that, yes you are right.......I dont think Gus could work if there was a more experienced coach in there (Bellamy/Bennett etc)

He always will have control and given his latest comments, his word isn't worth too much any more.

I think what he needs to do now is find an experienced coach re-sign Nathan, and leave the club in a good position and perhaps go save the Bulldogs or something.

Big surprise (not) Ivan Cleary offered coaching contract at panthers. Hope he stays at Tigers shouldn't go back after the way he was treated there.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom