2018 NRL SEASON IN REVIEW PREMIUM CARD COLLECTION LIMITED EDITION BOX SETS - (Update Page 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's certainly an interesting rumour!
you will need more than -pennies to get that set ! maybe gold bars.
what about the set next year where you will not even get a common set out of 6 boxes, ie common card, 1 in every box replacing the box card you will need to buy 1 box per team to complete the common set, it may be not even the 1 you need to complete the set.

Because it could possibly detract from other releases.......this Season in Review set will be delivered in December......you pay half now, and the rest in December.

Elite will be out in August and that would be TLA's priority up until this date. If there are any other sets coming out, announcing them now would possibly impact sales of Elite hence if there is anything else coming out, I don't think it will be till later.

When are the new Immortals/HOF announced?
Matt no need to explain to me. ;) I understand that.
I’m addicted to cardboard as most would know as are all of us. Would need money to stop growing on trees for me to not want to collect! :lol:

Because it could possibly detract from other releases.......this Season in Review set will be delivered in December......you pay half now, and the rest in December.

Elite will be out in August and that would be TLA's priority up until this date. If there are any other sets coming out, announcing them now would possibly impact sales of Elite hence if there is anything else coming out, I don't think it will be till later.

well they have certaily shot themselves in the feet with that theory then haven't they, They have just released this set in question, and if I was to collect any set, it would be 1 of the 50 sets available and bugger elite.

Last edited:
No point speculating on Hall of Fame/ Immortal Cards until the Gala Dinner is held at the SCG in August. If 2008 set which I’m guessing this years set will be modelled on is anything to go by, a common set with the 100 nominees, special subsets with the 25 finalists for Hall of Fame and the Immortals nominees.

well they have certaily shot themselves in the feet with that theory then haven't they, They have just released this set in question, and if was to collect any set it would be 1 of the 50 sets available and bugger elite.

Only issue I have is that the deposit is 50% - 25% or even 20% non refundable and the rest later on would have been great......or even a pay by the month over 10 months.....but people will still buy elite.....plenty of group breaks there......and if you want a set that has all of the players for the year, some really limited cards + (mystery pack) and 4 signatures....there is that option too.

Cheers
Matt

Only issue I have is that the deposit is 50% - 25% or even 20% non refundable and the rest later on would have been great......or even a pay by the month over 10 months.....but people will still buy elite.....plenty of group breaks there......and if you want a set that has all of the players for the year, some really limited cards + (mystery pack) and 4 signatures....there is that option too.

Cheers
Matt
Talk, generates interest Matt, all I am saying is stop flooding the market, this sometimes sends house holds broke, because us card collectors love our cards, it is like cigs, so addictive.
Slow down a bit and keep kids and others coming into the fray so our cards hold some value, ATM we will all have to take out a new mortgage every year.
50% is needed just to pay for materials and printing, then all they have to pay is wages and distribution, the rest is profit.

They would have to pay licensing fees and player signings also. No doubt there is a healthy profit and despite the flood of cards I love the new concepts being rolled.

They are also listening, the biggest complaint last year with the equivalent Marvel LE was that not all teams had cards. This is obviously been changed this year.

I think esp have screwed up the timing on thisz I’m interested but can’t do the 50% deposit. I want to go the case of elite. Looks to be a huge shark hits!

The issue is this will hit big on the sales of the elite. You’ll see a huge down turn on people purchasing elite to save for this. Has esp waited till elite dropped and released info in sept. People would of got over the big $$ and have cash up sleeve.

I think esp have screwed up the timing on thisz I’m interested but can’t do the 50% deposit. I want to go the case of elite. Looks to be a huge shark hits!

The issue is this will hit big on the sales of the elite. You’ll see a huge down turn on people purchasing elite to save for this. Has esp waited till elite dropped and released info in sept. People would of got over the big $$ and have cash up sleeve.
The way I look at it is, these are limited to a certain number and order time. The elite will always be there.

You can pick up a few boxes of elite if busting is your thing and be content with that and slowly pick up the elite stuff over the coming months and get this premium set as well

Do we think that maybe less Elite than is usually busted when it first releases will actually be a good thing for the product?

Do we think that maybe less Elite than is usually busted when it first releases will actually be a good thing for the product?
Yewh it’ll be interesting to see how it all goes. Love to finding out how the sales are after the first week compared to previous years.
Love the look on the product don’t get me wrong . I just made my observation of the situation

The way I look at it is, these are limited to a certain number and order time. The elite will always be there.

You can pick up a few boxes of elite if busting is your thing and be content with that and slowly pick up the elite stuff over the coming months and get this premium set as well
I like the product just made my view of the situation. I do think maybe pushed it back abit that’s all. Im interested in the set

I like the product just made my view of the situation. I do think maybe pushed it back abit that’s all. Im interested in the set

Just think you could have a Lewis, Dugan, Fifita and Gallen signatures in this set? That's just a guess by the way - outside of Lewis.

Just think you could have a Lewis, Dugan, Fifita and Gallen signatures in this set? That's just a guess by the way - outside of Lewis.
Gallen, Lewis and Fifita been in one set ... ie premiership one. Dugan happy to see a csrd of his. Would love a Jesse or Williams sig.

I’m just seeing things black and white . That’s all.

I thought it was illegal to ask for more than 19- 21% deposit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom