2018 NBA Draft

Knicks 2nd Rd 36 pick Mitchell Robinson - 6'11 C - must mean Kyle O'Quinn will be gone (after he declined his $4.2m option to become UFA). Hopefully ends up somewhere like Warriors (or Nets if he wants to stay close to home) or similar where his excellent passing can be used.

Spurs got an absolute steal with Lonnie Walker, excited to see how he develops under pop!

As for the Cavs....COULDN'T BE ANYMORE STOKED about the PICK! Absolutely love Collin Sexton and been following him for a while now! Gives me something exciting to watch in Cleveland with LeBron bound to leave! The level of excitement i have for this pick, may have only been matched by us selecting Kyrie and thats approximately 7 years ago to the day i joined this website as well! haha

Sooooooo excited, although a little disappointed with how some of us "cavs fans" reacted with this pick! Can't wait for him to prove some doubters wrong!

Looks like everything I predicted turned to %*( - hah hah

Big Draft Winners IMO

Mavs landing Doncic with effectively the #5 pick and a protected first next year.... Jalen Brunson with their second rounder is a heads up pick up too. Definitely a guy who should stick in the NBA which is more than you can say for most second rounders.

Nuggets with Porter Jr at #14 - guys was supposed to be a top 3 pick pre-injury, talent is definitely there and apparently the lack of medical reports was less concerning than with Nerlens Noel - kid apparently has a bad attitude though....

Celtics with Robert Williams at #27, mobile big man is what the Celtics need and he was projected a s a potential lottery pick at his peak.

Overhyped

Trae Young at #5, SGA at #11 and Grayson Allen #21. Sell these cards asap people, no value in them over the long haul! To be fair I think Trae should have been available at around #9 and Allen definitely at the end of the 1st round or into the second. I guess shooting is a skill that is in demand ;-)

Skip's Sleeper

Undrafted, but already signed a two way deal with the Lakers - Malik Newman. The guy is all-out offense and buckets, buckets, buckets.... Lack of a lot else keeps his stock down (especially defence, more so lazy than incapable) but given the desperate need of the Lakers for outside shooting and scoring punch (Andre Ingram anyone?) and the fact they just drafted about 3 long range shooters bodes well for him. I saw himback in the underage Team USA squads vs Australia and he was absolute fire! I'm backing him in - any RCs my way please!

let's re-draft this!

seen on ESPN today

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=InnoUzfzl80&ab_channel=NBAonESPN

this is how it went and how they picked again (only did top 10) in spoiler below - I think I'll do top 14 later

2018rd1.JPG

2018rd2.JPG

Here's mine, hopefully didn't miss anyone that deserved to be a lottery pick;

1. Luka Doncic
2. Shai Gilgeous-Alexander
3. Trae Young
4. Miles Bridges
5. Deandre Ayton
6. Jalen Brunson
7. Jaren Jackson Jr
8. Mikal Bridges
9. Anfernee Simons
10. Robert Williams III
11. Mo Wagner
12. Gary Trent Jr
13. Lonnie Walker IV
14. Jae'Sean Tate

-----------------------------------------------------------

Here's mine, hopefully didn't miss anyone that deserved to be a lottery pick;

1. Luka Doncic
2. Shai Gilgeous-Alexander
3. Trae Young
4. Miles Bridges
5. Deandre Ayton
6. Jalen Brunson
7. Jaren Jackson Jr
8. Mikal Bridges
9. Anfernee Simons
10. Robert Williams III
11. Mo Wagner
12. Gary Trent Jr
13. Lonnie Walker IV
14. Jae'Sean Tate

-----------------------------------------------------------
You and the bloke over ESPN going Shai over Trae surprises me!

hah, looking at that 4yo commentary and expert insight from yorus truly is a real blast! Missed the boat on Trae and SGA but shoudl have backed myself in with Doncic, Brunson and the TIme Lord down the order...

Too much effort to redraft it but I'd have thought Sexton, WCJ, MPJ and Mitchell Robinson belong in the top 14. Even Bamba, Bagley and Devonte Graham have a case to be made for them.

Walker, Wagner and Tate outside top 14 for me...

hah, looking at that 4yo commentary and expert insight from yorus truly is a real blast! Missed the boat on Trae and SGA but shoudl have backed myself in with Doncic, Brunson and the TIme Lord down the order...

Too much effort to redraft it but I'd have thought Sexton, WCJ, MPJ and Mitchell Robinson belong in the top 14. Even Bamba, Bagley and Devonte Graham have a case to be made for them.

Walker, Wagner and Tate outside top 14 for me...

I hear ya but I would never draft people that are so injury prone like Porter Jr. I love Bagley but Kings might have ruined his confidence and WCJ hasn’t shown enough. I thought about Sexton but Garland stealing his team fixed that up and Mitchell Robinson not in top 14 for me!

Back
Top Bottom