Baseball 2018-19 Australian Baseball League cards just announced

graymice

Collects Aussies in the USA (MLB, NBA, NFL, WNBA)
Real Name
Adam
eBay User
graymice
FYI, the Sydney Blue Sox Facebook page posted that there will be official ABL cards for the coming 2018-19 ABL season. No further details apart from that they'll be sold in packet format at Stadiums and online.

201819ablcards.jpg

1stBowman

OzCardTrader
Real Name
David
Wow, a crowd in the background. imagine that
The day is coming. Might still take 50 years but cricket ( still the best vehicle for spot/match fixing of any sport) has well and truly had its halcyon days - Warne/Gilchrist/McGrath, etc. The media is doing its bit to prop cricket up but it is a game in decline. Most of the ICC dollars are swallowed up by India, England and Australia. The game is dying/dead in the carribean. There will never again be a quality team from the West Indies, and there’s no money for South Africa or New Zealand. Pakistan can’t play test matches in Pakistan and Afghanistan is the only team making some progress towards Test status. Imagine that? Eventually the game will only be big in the sub- continent with England and Australia battling out an increasingly irrelevant Ashes series. The Big Bash is the game’s only hope- and it’s scarcely even cricket. It’s a hybrid game. Cricket is a relic of the British Empire. it’s never gained a foothold anywhere else.

Game 3 and Game 4 of the recent World Series confirmed that baseball is THE most epic sport with more clutch moments in one game than some sports have in a season.

The sport has massive world wide growth potential.

Look forward to busting some of these packs. Go the ABL!!

Top Flite 64

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Shane
eBay User
top-flite-79
Does anybody have any of the Special Foils that they would like to sell or trade.

I am after the below cards.

Limited Edition Foil Cards
#78 Darryl George
#81 Ronald Acuna
#83 Ryhs Hoskins
#84 Dave Nilsson
#86 Lachlan Wells
#87 Warwick Saupold

Matt26

OZCT Supporter
Real Name
Matt
Does anybody have any of the Special Foils that they would like to sell or trade.

I am after the below cards.

Limited Edition Foil Cards
#78 Darryl George
#81 Ronald Acuna
#83 Ryhs Hoskins
#84 Dave Nilsson
#86 Lachlan Wells
#87 Warwick Saupold
Quick question, does it say who they are made by?

Top Flite 64

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Shane
eBay User
top-flite-79
They are made by Choice Sports Cards from the USA. The same company that made the Bendigo Bank cards last year. This set is printed on better quality cardboard.

I believe you can contract these guys to design and manufacturer the cards. They will source the pictures, stats and create the blurb on the back of the cards.

http://www.choicesportscards.com/

graham

Site Admin
OZCT Supporter
Real Name
Graham
eBay User
ozcardtrader
COMC User
ozcardtrader
Wow, a crowd in the background. imagine that
The day is coming. Might still take 50 years .....
I read @Leopold09 post as meaning you could see a crowd in the card background, something missing from a lot of the photoshop card fronts for the last X years. Can't even remember a set with just simple photos on the cards.

Matt26

OZCT Supporter
Real Name
Matt
I read @Leopold09 post as meaning you could see a crowd in the card background, something missing from a lot of the photoshop card fronts for the last X years. Can't even remember a set with just simple photos on the cards.
Would love to see action photography back for at least some of the low end sets!

Leopold09

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Lee
My post was merely reflecting a return to trading cards with crowds and action shots like the ABL are using. The Player In Focus Cards in particular the Gareth Widdop showed how good they can be!

1stBowman

OzCardTrader
Real Name
David
My post was merely reflecting a return to trading cards with crowds and action shots like the ABL are using. The Player In Focus Cards in particular the Gareth Widdop showed how good they can be!
My sincerest apologies mate.

I took it as a dig at the world's best game. From memory I read your post in the small hours of the night/morning and went on a frankly embarrassing rant.

Sorry man.

Top Bottom