2017 Regal Football Greats of the Game

I collect everything so will be buying a few boxes to check them out. I understand people’s concerns/criticisms, but the same could be said of Select, so I’m all for some competition and variety. If we didn’t have draft prospects, there wouldn’t be future force and that’s a fact. One of my favourite cards is the Daniher Dynasty cards and a big fan of the Hurley sig redemption from Select this year. It’s a good time to be a collector as far as I’m concerned

I was told by one of the resellers there is a wholesale price. What it is I don't know.

I was also told by the same reseller that some people who had enquired about buying wholesale direct (because they liked the product and wanted to make money on it) then changed their tune about the product from wanting to sell it....to putting it down at every opportunity they could because they couldn't get the product cheaper and make money off it.

I asked about wholesale so I could run case shares as I do with every release but was told there was none, I make sweet stuff all on case shares I do it for a bit of fun, but as it takes away from time with my kids I’m not doing it for free, I would have been happy to make a few dollars a box for my time, I would never have bought a case to open for myself would only have bought some if the collectors on my Facebook page wanted it, but not 1 person has even asked if I can do it as the interest just isn’t there

I asked about wholesale so I could run case shares as I do with every release but was told there was none, I make sweet stuff all on case shares I do it for a bit of fun, but as it takes away from time with my kids I’m not doing it for free, I would have been happy to make a few dollars a box for my time, I would never have bought a case to open for myself would only have bought some if the collectors on my Facebook page wanted it, but not 1 person has even asked if I can do it as the interest just isn’t there

Was that you was it?

Was that you was it?

No idea I’m sure I’m not the only 1 that has asked, I personally think the release is rubbish and have never said otherwise,I asked about wholesale as I would run case shares if the interest was there was told there is no wholesale so I left it at that, as I said earlier case shares take time away from my family so need to make something for my trouble

No idea I’m sure I’m not the only 1 that has asked, I personally think the release is rubbish and have never said otherwise,I asked about wholesale as I would run case shares if the interest was there was told there is no wholesale so I left it at that, as I said earlier case shares take time away from my family so need to make something for my trouble

So let me ask you this then, if you had been able to secure a wholesale price that allowed you to make money and give you something back for the valuable time it takes away from your family, would you have still been bagging the product like you have if you were trying to sell it to make some money via group breaks?

I don't think so.

If its such a rubbish release as you have never said otherwise, and you hate it so much why were you attempting to buy it then?

I don't get it?

So let me ask you this then, if you had been able to secure a wholesale price that allowed you to make money and give you something back for the valuable time it takes away from your family, would you have still been bagging the product like you have if you were trying to sell it to make some money via group breaks?

I don't think so.

If its such a rubbish release as you have never said otherwise, and you hate it so much why were you attempting to buy it then?

I don't get it?
As I said I was buying if demand was there, I don’t have to like it some might so good on them my stance would not have changed

hi GoMoto and Matt26
thanks for the feedback. the $500,000 is my estimate of the total sales figure and the wholesale price is generally a 15% discount say $120, but this varies on how many and who distributes them.
the money aspect you comment on is 6 words out of 200+ words, ie
what about the total print run?, the press info they sent out about limited number of signatures (there are over 3500? limited?), they r pushing a high end product with low end card designs and players.
what about the case ratios? etc, the players they picked, the look of the cards, the super rare dick reynolds 3 signature cards?, the $140 a box of 4 cards (in my day 4 cards equalled a packet not a box). lol etc,
thanks again for the feedback i respect that. and i am not anti regal or pro regal, i just got bored last night and had a crack at the ratios etc from their own info.
would be great to see some of those super rare sigs when they come out.
i like the idea of the 1/25 or 1/4, or 1/100 cards being in the packs (as we know grant sleeps with all the select no 1 cards) lol
the dick reynolds is the new holy grail, and if anyone gets one and lists it on ebay for sale please don't put 'low number' in the title. lol

Unfortunately this number of limited cards per box has been a thing in the US sports card market for a few years now. Look at just what panini pumps out and not including the blood bath of products Upper Deck would spit out along the same price points some 10 years ago - Immaculate ($830aud for 6 cards with at least half of those being base), flawless ($2499 for 10 cards per box, 2 boxes per case), Noir ($699 for 10 cards per box), impeccable ($555 for 8 cards) spectra ($430 for 10 cards) and then go up a tier to eminence ($7200 for 10 cards per box)

As I said I was buying if demand was there, I don’t have to like it some might so good on them my stance would not have changed
agree with you there Brendan... i think the fact is that in this release the chances of hitting the really average players is way to high as there are far to many of them. Russel Middlemiss - a great of the game??? what they are trying to do is fine but i feel the title is misleading. GREATS OF THE GAME. it conjures up thoughts of exactly that... GREATS . but how many actual greats in this release are there?. it would have been better off just selling the few "greats listed" as single cards instead of all the other froth and bubble added to the release. also dont have a card of Clark Hansen with an asterix on it and in small letters down the bottom have "voices of the game". is he a GREAT or a VOICE...

agree with you there Brendan... i think the fact is that in this release the chances of hitting the really average players is way to high as there are far to many of them. Russel Middlemiss - a great of the game??? what they are trying to do is fine but i feel the title is misleading. GREATS OF THE GAME. it conjures up thoughts of exactly that... GREATS . but how many actual greats in this release are there?. it would have been better off just selling the few "greats listed" as single cards instead of all the other froth and bubble added to the release. also dont have a card of Clark Hansen with an asterix on it and in small letters down the bottom have "voices of the game". is he a GREAT or a VOICE...
Ok, so the main reason you don't like the product is because "the title is misleading", not all of the players featured are "Greats".
Fair enough, it's the same reason I don't collect Future Force. It's very misleading, not every player in that series will become a good AFL player, or a "force" in the AFL as their title suggests.
I think there are few on here focusing on some of the lesser players in Greats, I'm more looking at the numerous champions that are in the series, many of which have never had a sig card released before.
Barassi, Hart, Wanganeen, Daicos, Daniher, beckwith, Koutoufides, Ayres, Templeton, Reynolds, Carman, Malthouse, Glendinning. There's plenty there to get excited about. Plus some of the quirky cards like a Lindsay Fox and Warwick Capper. Show me one Saints fan that wouldn't want an Ian Cooper sig card.

Just in relation to the 3 Reynolds cut sigs, has anything that limited ever been released in Australia? I know panini have 1 of 1s in a lot of their products in the US, but would this be the most limited card ever released here in Australia?

Ok, so the main reason you don't like the product is because "the title is misleading", not all of the players featured are "Greats".
Fair enough, it's the same reason I don't collect Future Force. It's very misleading, not every player in that series will become a good AFL player, or a "force" in the AFL as their title suggests.
I think there are few on here focusing on some of the lesser players in Greats, I'm more looking at the numerous champions that are in the series, many of which have never had a sig card released before.
Barassi, Hart, Wanganeen, Daicos, Daniher, beckwith, Koutoufides, Ayres, Templeton, Reynolds, Carman, Malthouse, Glendinning. There's plenty there to get excited about. Plus some of the quirky cards like a Lindsay Fox and Warwick Capper. Show me one Saints fan that wouldn't want an Ian Cooper sig card.

Just in relation to the 3 Reynolds cut sigs, has anything that limited ever been released in Australia? I know panini have 1 of 1s in a lot of their products in the US, but would this be the most limited card ever released here in Australia?
no problem with your answer there - collecting is an individual thing.... same as opinions.. many of these GREATS have had sig cards before from an OFFICIAL card manufacturer. But when your products main selling point and title is GREATS of the game then it just simply implies all the featured players will be GREATS of the game. Select dont bring out a Hall of Fame series and then include players who have played 20 games in that very same series. each to his own on this series as i have said before. Concept is fine but i think it is very diluted by adding these other non household names. My opinion - its neither right nor wrong.

Unfortunately this number of limited cards per box has been a thing in the US sports card market for a few years now. Look at just what panini pumps out and not including the blood bath of products Upper Deck would spit out along the same price points some 10 years ago - Immaculate ($830aud for 6 cards with at least half of those being base), flawless ($2499 for 10 cards per box, 2 boxes per case), Noir ($699 for 10 cards per box), impeccable ($555 for 8 cards) spectra ($430 for 10 cards) and then go up a tier to eminence ($7200 for 10 cards per box)
I know nothing about nba cards, why are they so pricey, are the autos really that valuable and desired?

Im surprised theyre getting defended as much as they are, they look pretty average to me. As a swans supporter, thinking i'll pass on the swans cards in it to be honest, no red and white, just doesnt look right.

will you be actually keeping any of the cards ort just selling them all
If he sells them all then he will make a big loss, way too many nobody's in this release.. I think people will hit the case hit and sell the rest of the boxes on eBay like everyone else does.

Some of the points I would like to make are:

"Greats of the Game" would be better have been named "A few greats of the game"
Some really good signatures in the release but the rest of the cards are very very average, I mean Ashley Hansen = What the?

Yes I agree some of the limited stuff will be highly collectable, sounds like a case hit to me with the other 7 boxes being rubbish?!?

No colour

No team jumpers

I read someone said footycards.com.au produced this set, if that is the case then his comments like "Wow!" and "Would love to open a box and pull a Daicos Sig!" on his own facebook page are hilarious!!!!!!

Did I mention Ash Hansen?

Like most, I'll sit back and watch the carnage lol

I've been overseas for a couple of weeks and came back to a thread that is 11 pages long. My curiosity piqued, I read through all 11 pages hoping for an exciting and innovative product. As each page passed I grew less and less enthused, particularly given the final checklist.

Good luck to those who are opening boxes, but I can't get excited about black & white photos (even of greats of the game) and the lack of team logos is a deal breaker at the price.

There's heaps of people getting these at wholesale prices that aren't listed on their re-sellers lists. I guess it one set or rules for some but not others.

It seems those who defend this product have a vested interest in their motives too! A fair few on here are very close to Regal than they are leading on ;).

Nice to see all these new members pop up out of nowhere, I guess new releases usually warrants this lolll

I remember draft prospects being 'Sold Out' yet they were still selling cases and boxes under the tables for the next three years!!!

Regal aren't about the collectors, heck he doesn't even collect himself, only thing they collect is $$$.

depends on what l get. there are a few cards l after from the set.

would you like the Carlton Cards?

I've always wondered what you collect Ming?

I've only ever seen you sell around these parts but i'm probably wrong.:lol:

I was told you sold your Kangaroos collection off a decade ago. Are you still collecting Kangaroos cards?

Let me know what it is you collect and i can keep an eye out for you if i come across anything you need. :)

Back
Top Bottom