2017 Regal Football Greats of the Game

I was one of those collectors crying out for patch cards. Select let me down. They just do what they have to for the money and their jobs.
As i think stated previously, and imo they lack imagination and just do what they have to.
When competition comes along and shows something that gets us excited, they come up with something to please and re focus us.
Good on Regal for something different and thinking of us collectors. Checklist or not im keen for these because of their originality and supporting the little guy.
Each to their own.
Im sure the photos here do no justice on the products quality as we've seen that happen before.

You sound like one of the promoters, do you work for Regal?

I am only new to collecting but unless my cards have a Collingwood jumper involved I am not interested.

The whole colour of the game makes the cards for me so to see these cards with minimal action and minimal colour sort of makes them a little bland but each to their own I guess.

Last edited:
FB_IMG_1509085560581.jpg
FB_IMG_1509085563781.jpg
FB_IMG_1509085566291.jpg

Only 4 signatures on this one will be worth a lot

Hi again not sure why the need to chase down regal trading cards, but here is some info that is registered with ASIC, the company is a private company limited by shares and therefore doesn't have to disclose too much about their shareholders or business activities, they do need to have a list of directors and office bearers for public perusal. As you can see their business address is registered in sunny yarravale victoria. lol

Only a new company that started up in 2014, which ties in with regal's first release in early 2015 at the apcs with the graham arthur and hawthorn triple signature card.

REGAL TRADING CARDS PTY LTD ACN 601 234 495
Company Summary

Name: REGAL TRADING CARDS PTY LTD
ACN: 601 234 495
ABN: 19 601 234 495
Registration date: 13/08/2014
Next review date: 13/08/2018
Type: Australian Proprietary Company, Limited By Shares
Locality of registered office: YARRAVILLE VIC 3013
Regulator: Australian Securities & Investments Commission

Entity name: REGAL TRADING CARDS PTY LTD
ABN status: Active from 13 Aug 2014
Entity type: Australian Private Company
Goods & Services Tax (GST): Registered from 13 Aug 2014
Main business location:
VIC 3015

Historical details for ABN 19 601 234 495
ABN detailshelp
Entity name From To
REGAL TRADING CARDS PTY LTD 13 Aug 2014 (current)
ABN Status From To
Active 13 Aug 2014 (current)
Entity type
Australian Private Company
Goods & Services Tax (GST) From To
Registered 13 Aug 2014 (current)
Main business location From To
VIC 3015 13 Aug 2014 (current)

ABOUT REGAL
Regal Trading Cards was established in 2014 and produces high quality limited edition trading cards. Regal Trading Cards operates under the motto of “For the Collector” which is the cornerstone that every Regal product is built on.
The Regal team are collectors as well, so we are passionate about the products we produce. We make the trading cards that we would want in our own personal collections.

If you get excited you can find their phone number, address, ceo, and many more details on the web, so if you are keen knock yourself out. :thumbsup:

I'm quite positive about this product, but I can tell you I have nothing to do with Regal whatsoever.
I'm a bit over the usual unimaginative stuff Select seem to produce each year, so if there is something fresh which looks promising, I'm all for it.

But just because someone is positive and excited about this product, doesn't automatically make them associated with Regal.

I'm quite positive about this product, but I can tell you I have nothing to do with Regal whatsoever.
I'm a bit over the usual unimaginative stuff Select seem to produce each year, so if there is something fresh which looks promising, I'm all for it.

But just because someone is positive and excited about this product, doesn't automatically make them associated with Regal.

Very true but reading through the comments and the persistant bagging of select and placing regal as the underdog from said poster is a bit suspicious haha but definately each to their own.

At first i thought it was a cool idea but the more i see the less i like! Good concept and a few fresh ideas but the cards look bery ordinary and the lack of afl prescence means it is a break or bust purchase. Cards like the wanganeen #4 could be worth their wait in gold though.

I was planning on giving it a go but at $140 i might pass i think

I have secret.

I still get the Select stuff, not future force, but certified etc. yeah I still get it so my collection is complete.
I'm just not inspired by much of it. It doesn't excite me. I get it, it goes in my folders, and pretty much that's where it stays. I look at it about once a year.

So I am still a customer of Select.

I just find strange that some on here bag out Regal and this product without knowing checklists or seeing the quality first hand, yet accuse others of having agendas.

i think the card of wanganeen (numbers 4) which is the same concept card as the capper (39), in his port adelaide magpies jumper might be a mistake as gavin wore number 3 at the magpies.... he wore 4 at the power and essendon. So if the image of him in his magpies jumper flows on to the number her wore than it should be 3 and not 4

i think the card of wanganeen (numbers 4) which is the same concept card as the capper (39), in his port adelaide magpies jumper might be a mistake as gavin wore number 3 at the magpies.... he wore 4 at the power and essendon. So if the image of him in his magpies jumper flows on to the number her wore than it should be 3 and not 4

Wow if that’s right then that’s a fair stuff up, probably should have had him in a bombers jumper

Hmmmm, not as big a stuff up as Select having Jobe Watson playing for Carlton in 2012.

IMG_6293.JPG

If the case i would say much bigger!! Select got the name of club wrong whichh is a printing and design error. Considering the whole basis of those cards are guernsey numbers then to get the guernsey number wrong is massive!! Means they went through the wjole planning, design and production phase without anyone bringing it up!

Hmmmm, not as big a stuff up as Select having Jobe Watson playing for Carlton in 2012.

IMG_6293.JPG

Yep what drama5 said printing errors happen so not much you can do, but to get a jumper number wrong that’s just not doing your research properly if they stuck with a Essendon or port power jumper not an issue, maybe it’s the jailbar guernsey tgat port have used since being in the AFL He does look young though and without Afl logos on the jumper you can’t tell

But on second looks that is a port jumper isnt it that hes wearing? It looks like their jail bar jumper?
he looks about 16 in the pic on the card - he played at the power later in his career. he is way to young for it to be a port adelaide jumper

Back
Top Bottom