2017 reflection and 2018 collecting goals

ElijahCraigHyde

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Jarrah
What was the highlight in collecting in 2017?

What was the biggest disappointment in 2017?

What are you expecting in release for 2018?

What are your collecting goals for 2018?

Are there any cards from previous releases you're still chasing?

Any others points worth discussing I have not asked?

For me is was mainly concerned with my AFL aspect of my collection which I will leave for that forum page however speaking of the League side of things it would definitely have to be completing my World Cup Heroes parallel set from 2014 Elite thus completing a full-on master set for the very first time!

For me it would have to be stuck still with uncompleted master sets dating back to 2011 but plain to see I realize it's not other people's problem if I have all these cards that are useless to me and other collectors likewise on this forum lol

Quite frankly not a huge lot of changes from last year and 2016 however I am strongly anticipating and speculating a Melbourne Storm Dynamic Duo in Traders for the first time and should it not be Slater/Smith, it would arguably have to me Munster and someone? For 18 Elite and I've mentioned left, center and right already a fourth mojo out of five along with replications of Ruby, Sapphire and xx/10 but if necessary would not be surprised should these front-end parallels come in as single cards making the top x/5 mojo simply a case search card as opposed
to 1 in 8 cases lol

To collecting the Storm DD and chase the following cards:
Hornby xxx/150 LL Gold
Woods Top Prospect signature
Knights parallels Boyd and Culbertson from same release
Complete the remaining PP unredeemed cards from same release

Yes, refer to answers above

For me, it comes to my attention many collectors will whinge about what ESP/TLA brings to us however at the end of the day we will all come to terms there's nothing else to collect and bottom line is many collectors will be happy with at least some cards they will pick up this year!!!

Last edited:
The highlight of my year was,getting to meet some of the people on this site in person.my biggest disappointment was that the dragons choked.the release of cards in 2018 should be about the same as years gone by,but there could be a surprise.my goals for 2018 is to get rid of a lot of my basketball cards,and replace them with nrl auto,s.there are many cards from previous years to collect,but it all takes time.

Last edited:
For me is was mainly concerned with my AFL aspect of my collection which I will leave for that forum page however speaking of the League side of things it would definitely have to be completing my World Cup Heroes parallel set from 2014 Elite thus completing a full-on master set for the very first time!

For me it would have to be stuck still with uncompleted master sets dating back to 2011 but plain to see I realize it's not other people's problem if I have all these cards that are useless to me and other collectors likewise on this forum lol

Quite frankly not a huge lot of changes from last year and 2016 however I am strongly anticipating and speculating a Melbourne Storm Dynamic Duo in Traders for the first time and should it not be Slater/Smith, it would arguably have to me Harris/Munster? For 18 Elite and I've mentioned left, center and right already a fourth mojo out of five along with replications of Ruby, Sapphire and xx/10 but if necessary would not be surprised should these front-end parallels come in as single cards making the top x/5 mojo simply a case search card as opposed
to 1 in 8 cases lol

Hornby xxx/150 LL Gold

For me, it comes to my attention many collectors will whinge about what ESP/TLA brings to us however at the end of the day we will all come to terms there's nothing else to collect and bottom line is many collectors will be happy with at least some cards they will pick up this year!!!
Harris won’t be on the duo as he’s playing for another side in 2018 I think you’ll find ;)

I think for me it was the Marvel release as it contained the first St George Jersey patch of my collection, nice looking card as well.

The Predictor debacle was up there as a big disappointment.
The Dragons missing finals again.
NSW snatching defeat from the jaws of victory.

I think it will be much the same but that isn't really a complaint as I think they are getting better consistently.

I hope ESP/TLA take on board some feedback and do Predictors again but better. (1 per box and a redemption for every club, maybe a Gold Predictor 1 per case)

Collect all STG cards released for my PC and knock off a couple of long term wants from my list. Get to a Red V fan day to get my sets signed.

Yes but too many cards to list.

Cheers
Ross

The definite highlight of my 2017 collecting year was hitting the bevan French yg signature #001.

There was no real disappointments for me in 2017.

I think the releases will be much the same as previous years with a bit more refinement.

To continue getting all eels cards as they come out.

I wouldn’t mind getting the eels 1996 acetate sigs but they need to have decent not too faded signatures before I entertain the idea of spending decent $$ on them

filling in a few more 36 cards.

the amount of parallel cards and numbered cards to collect.

more of the same crap, no to worried, I am done with it.

keep filling in the gaps from previous releases, and keep getting previous 36 cards

as listed on my wanted thread.

getting some previous 36 cards.

just keep getting some 36 cards from previous sets, as per question above.

when, hopefully is there going to be some competition in the card industry to bring this hobby back into a passion, and not a money grabbing monopoly.

Quite frankly not a huge lot of changes from last year and 2016 however I am strongly anticipating and speculating a Melbourne Storm Dynamic Duo in Traders for the first time and should it not be Slater/Smith, it would arguably have to me Munster and someone? For 18 Elite and I've mentioned left, center and right already a fourth mojo out of five along with replications of Ruby, Sapphire and xx/10 but if necessary would not be surprised should these front-end parallels come in as single cards making the top x/5 mojo simply a case search card as opposed
to 1 in 8 cases lol

Hornby xxx/150 LL Gold

I managed to get hold of the 2016 1-1 Corey Oates jersey card

Predictors were a bit of a mess. I only really chased them all because I was hoping for a Broncos win (idiot!)

Not expecting much, same as usual. We all have our opinions of the perfect set I guess.

Full base sets and all Broncos cards. I'll maybe collect an entire subset if they look cool.

A few high-end Broncos cards. Big money ones that I can't afford.

Ticked a number of Broncos sig cards off my list, topped off with the Lewis Immortals sig just before New Years.

The players chosen for Broncos sig cards. How quickly card values drop after release.

Probably a Lockyer Legends Card. Broncos players seem to get a run most years. Would love Meninga to get one.

Get all Broncos cards, except mojos. Get as many on my IP want list as I can. Get one or two big hits from previous years.

Plenty. Mainly focusing on IPs and the bigger hits for now. Will look at smaller inserts if the price is right.

Last edited:
I managed to get hold of the 2016 1-1 Corey Oates jersey card

Predictors were a bit of a mess. I only really chased them all because I was hoping for a Broncos win (idiot!)

Not expecting much, same as usual. We all have our opinions of the perfect set I guess.

Full base sets and all Broncos cards. I'll maybe collect an entire subset if they look cool.

A few high-end Broncos cards. Big money ones that I can't afford.
filling in a few more 36 cards.

the amount of parallel cards and numbered cards to collect.

more of the same crap, no to worried, I am done with it.

keep filling in the gaps from previous releases, and keep getting previous 36 cards

as listed on my wanted thread.

getting some previous 36 cards.

just keep getting some 36 cards from previous sets, as per question above.

when, hopefully is there going to be some competition in the card industry to bring this hobby back into a passion, and not a money grabbing monopoly.

The Marvel jersey cards were epic and I really liked the road to the finals jersey cards also. It was a very expensive year for a Raiders collector so I guess I am lucky they were back to their inconsistent best in 2017 hence there will be less cards in 2018!

ESP / TLA also seem to be listening on some level because they continue to make significant improvements

The continued dumping of decent cards on the secondary market and the continued plummeting of card prices. The values in this hobby ebb and flow but seeing a full set of League Sensations go for $800 or the one per box Captains for $50 a set does my head in.

Much of the same. I am sure there will be a few new ideas. I would like to see the Legends signatures return to being legends. No disrespect to recent signers, all wonderful, top class / elite players but I liked the initial theme which seemed to at least follow those who made the top 100 in 2008.

To obtain all Raiders cards, try and complete my 05 Inspirations set (need Terry Lamb) and maybe chip another Immortal signature from the want list

Heaps! Lots of high end Raiders from the Dynamic era, Beetson and Changa Immortal Signatures, Terry Lamb Inspirations and Woods Top Prospects

Can't think of any

Back
Top Bottom