2017 predictor share

Nope I was of the understanding when redeeming you got the winning sides /217 set in the corresponding number to whatever your predictor of that side was then you got the /20 set of the winning side only in the order that you got the cards into ESP

Nope I was of the understanding when redeeming you got the winning sides /217 set in the corresponding number to whatever your predictor of that side was then you got the /20 set of the winning side only in the order that you got the cards into ESP
you are spot on Paul, in every sense.

They should of done a team card ie top try scorer/captain or something like that to make the non winning side cards worth something rather then just be a glorified logo card.

Seeing the Raiders ones go for over $200 is crazy considering that they could end up being a logo card

A lot of these predictor cards have sold for stupid prices, so who ever that has brought these and don't win the premiership won't be worth $50 let alone any more? Numbers to 217 there are plenty of them

A lot of these predictor cards have sold for stupid prices, so who ever that has brought these and don't win the premiership won't be worth $50 let alone any more? Numbers to 217 there are plenty of them
Paul, there will be about 10 of them that will still be worth any money at the end of August, as the semi's start and teams drop out they become useless.
I still cannot believe some people are paying outrageous amounts for these predictors.
As was the past, select predictors were only fetching around the $10-15 mark once the season was finnished, I PREDICT THAT THESE ESP CARDS WILL BE WORTH ABOUT $5.
And don't forget that on the rear of the card these predictors have to be submiited by june 30 2018.

Paul, there will be about 10 of them that will still be worth any money at the end of August, as the semi's start and teams drop out they become useless.
I still cannot believe some people are paying outrageous amounts for these predictors.
As was the past, select predictors were only fetching around the $10-15 mark once the season was finnished, I PREDICT THAT THESE ESP CARDS WILL BE WORTH ABOUT $5.
And don't forget that on the rear of the card these predictors have to be submiited by june 30 2018.

$5 is I bit low but I'd be saying $15-30 max.
Only thing they have going for them is they're harder to pull then the select ones were and people don't bust a lot of traders from past series once Elite comes out.

$5 is I bit low but I'd be saying $15-30 max.
Only thing they have going for them is they're harder to pull then the select ones were and people don't bust a lot of traders from past series once Elite comes out.
$5 is being generous, I thought.
Having a redeemable date on them is yet another downfall of these cards, you can still redeem select predictors today.
The only reason they are not being released/ ratio's /harder to get etc is there is so much product sitting around, people are not buying as much as they were compared to 12 months ago, servos in Sydney, newcastle etc have product sitting there and is not being sold.
Some dealers have so much of it, and cannot sell it, hence some are not purchasing it at all.
Look at all series ESP have released so far, if you do not sell it within 2-3 weeks it is worth half of what you paid for it.
ESP have only themselves to blame for this, as they are the ones that are driving everyone or just about everyone to team set collecting.
Just look at last year, over 800 cards in 1 set.
That is just overkill !!!!!!!!!!!!!!.

$5 is being generous, I thought.
Having a redeemable date on them is yet another downfall of these cards, you can still redeem select predictors today.
The only reason they are not being released/ ratio's /harder to get etc is there is so much product sitting around, people are not buying as much as they were compared to 12 months ago, servos in Sydney, newcastle etc have product sitting there and is not being sold.
Some dealers have so much of it, and cannot sell it, hence some are not purchasing it at all.
Look at all series ESP have released so far, if you do not sell it within 2-3 weeks it is worth half of what you paid for it.
ESP have only themselves to blame for this, as they are the ones that are driving everyone or just about everyone to team set collecting.
I don't disagree with where you're coming from at all. I agree even team collecting is expensive enough these days.
Just think they will sit at $15-30 based on the fact that they are 2 or so per case or whatever they are. If they were 1 per box like the select ones you'd be flat out trying to sell for $5

And I would hope that the expiry date would be there as a just in case on there behalf. Surely they would still redeem

I just can't believe that they aren't releasing a subset with the predictors. Top try scorer or anything. It really just makes the losing team's cards pointless. Surely they have received this feedback numerous times.

They have no doubt heard it over and over again but the question is do they understand what the problem is? I fear the answer is NO because after the first barrage of disbelief surfaced they came up with the brilliant (note sarcasm dripping off this comment) after thought of doing a limited 20 set Gold release of the winning team for those who collected all 16 predictors. Genious......

As I've stated before being a team collector I was actually excited to hear of the predictors making a come back because it would have been a set to collect, alas now as stated above rather than continue to buy product to chase this sub set and being a St George supporter I now simply am waiting for September so as I can pick up my $20 header card for my PC.

Hopefully like after past ESP/TLA stuff ups they will learn their lesson and correct it for the next release of predictors.

Cheers
Ross

They have no doubt heard it over and over again but the question is do they understand what the problem is? I fear the answer is NO because after the first barrage of disbelief surfaced they came up with the brilliant (note sarcasm dripping off this comment) after thought of doing a limited 20 set Gold release of the winning team for those who collected all 16 predictors. Genious......

As I've stated before being a team collector I was actually excited to hear of the predictors making a come back because it would have been a set to collect, alas now as stated above rather than continue to buy product to chase this sub set and being a St George supporter I now simply am waiting for September so as I can pick up my $20 header card for my PC.

Hopefully like after past ESP/TLA stuff ups they will learn their lesson and correct it for the next release of predictors.

Cheers
Ross
Ross, I still have hope that the mighty saints will take it out, so we maybe will be paying a little bit more.

I'm sure this has been stated before but it seems to get largely ignored when the swords come out. The recent A-League and Cricket Sets (made by Tap N Play) AND the AFL Series 1 Set (produced by Select Australia) are all larger Sets than ESP's Traders. Do we think that if anyone else had the licence at this moment the Set sizes would be any smaller? It's a market wide trend, not an NRL only issue.

And I would hope that the expiry date would be there as a just in case on there behalf. Surely they would still redeem

Yep, never had an issue redeeming expired redemptions before. The only one you're unlikely to have any luck on is the free Grand Final tickets from 2014 Traders :eek:

I have no doubt that they've probably copped a hammering and will make adjustments in the future.

Back
Top Bottom