2017 footy stars pop outs

Kippy15

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Irene
eBay User
Rosscreekss
So there is a pic going around of the 2017 footystars box
Looks like milestones and starbursts are back and a new one called footy standups

This could mean that select has taken a page out of teamcoaches book and are making pop out cards

Just wondering what people's thoughts are on this idea

So there is a pic going around of the 2017 footystars box
Looks like milestones and starbursts are back and a new one called footy standups

This could mean that select has taken a page out of teamcoaches book and are making pop out cards

Just wondering what people's thoughts are on this idea
Sounds interesting! Would you be able to post the picture here, or provide a link to it? :)

IMG_0759.PNG

Unfortunately can't see what's on the side I can only read what's on the top

Would love to know if bps are back
I reckon, if you look on the right of the side of the box, the writing in the dark blue box says Brownlow Predictor.

Hmmmm could be wrong here but have a feeling the 'Platinum standups' could well be a concept replacing the BPs from last year, 144 cards, 8 per club but a concept in inself numbered to /250 with no redemption purpose. The words 'Footy standups' specifically could refer to a lower end variant of the same concept. Also 'standup' does not have to mean some pop-up characerture concept - it could just mean players for each club that stood up and and made a difference last season or something along those lines. Hopefully the Brownlow Precitors will have as many ad 50 cards 1:108 or 1:144 pack hit with fewer players.

In terms of the Starburst concept back again, many collectors as far as I believe found the design rather repelling but in saying that they were somewhat quite 'cute' and the blue para vaiants to be found in starter packs gave it some kind of credibility. Therefore will look forward to adding the GWS ones to my IP-PCs.

Fair dinkum if they keep going with this caricature card BS I'm out. Already off team coach because of the childish nature of the designs. The SW they've had the past few years look great but the rest ins basically #%*£.

I know this is the kids series, but I wish there was some meaning behind the inserts.

If we have to have caricatures / starburst / pop outs, rather than just picking X number of random players, I wish they could use B&F results, or team leaders, or stats leaders at each club.

In second thoughts, I am thinking the 'Stand-ups' (in particular the platinum variant) could well come in the pack with a complementary stand, thin enough to fit in the pack so collectors can potentially put such cards on vertical display due to their upper-end nature. (So cards for you to stand up). Yes, it could well be a plastic card resembling the appearance of platinum as in a melted bar and also somewhat smaller than a usual card (think those gold cards when peeled back in 2012 perhaps) to allow room for the complementary stand in the pack. Therefore as there are 7 cards in each pack, 3 cards would strategically fit on either side of platinum card within the special stand, thus forming enough space to conceal what exactly is inside the pack.

In terms of the 'Footy stand-ups' strictly speaking, I am getting the feeling that will be a back end variant of the same players depicted in the front-end variant. And yes, I do have a feeling they will be cardboard pop-ups like in Teamcoach last year but will be live photos (due to the charactortures already implied for *bursts) thus replacing the Hot Numbers concepts due to them falling into the 1:3 pk ratio slot.

Assume others have seen this - Select have posted one of this year's Starburst. Same artist and different players to last year.

IMG_1817.PNG

in short same crap, different year. better play it safe grant and dont change a thing?
didnt have to employ too many people to come up with the subsets and chase cards for this year!
they r made in china and if this years poor colour saturation is anything to go by the starburst green cards are probably meant to be blue again!!
the players are back from their off season break looks like select r still on theirs.
hey mr copley i got an idea?
why dont you bring a certified signature card set in series 2, maybe a 9 card match worn guernsey redemption card set along with the other 9 footy's finest cards.

the big question i am left with is can select afford to bring out a promo card this year?
i cannot wait.................

in short same crap, different year. better play it safe grant and dont change a thing?
didnt have to employ too many people to come up with the subsets and chase cards for this year!
they r made in china and if this years poor colour saturation is anything to go by the starburst green cards are probably meant to be blue again!!
the players are back from their off season break looks like select r still on theirs.
hey mr copley i got an idea?
why dont you bring a certified signature card set in series 2, maybe a 9 card match worn guernsey redemption card set along with the other 9 footy's finest cards.

the big question i am left with is can select afford to bring out a promo card this year?
i cannot wait.................

I know you are being sarcastic but sad thing is that is exactly what the series 2 will have lol it is a shame with a lack of change but I am at least happy that last years set was much better than previous abd I quite enjoyed the brownlow predictors. But I must admit it will get tiresome if they don't change it up. Why not make it a coleman and brownlow predictor. if your card wins either you get that redemption? makes it at least interesting when you get a quality forward who clearly isn't going to win the brownlow lol

Where to begin...

Looks like 2017 is a wrap already. Brownlow Predictors returning again in series 1 and series 2 finishing of from last years theme.

There needs to be proper chase cards and I'm not talking about 1 per case but 1 per several case as well as Select running competitions like they have in the past.

I do have a feeling there is going to be a twist on the Cert 460 concept in series 2. Yes we all know what the font-end cards will be but I do have a feeling Select will do a good job to convince collectors like us (or myself at least) to go and grab a taste of it. In terms of the twist I am talking about, there might be something similar to the 'mojo' concept prominent in NRL series 2 releases. In other thoughts I impressions at time of writing in terms of the C460 twist may take place as following:

Burgundy variant - numbered from 002 to 400
Green variant - numbered from 002 to 040 (replacing numbers 401-440)
Gold variant - numbered from 002 to 012 (replacing numbers 441-452)
Diamond (diecut or white refracting board or applicable to prominent club colour) variant - numbered from 002 to 006 (replacing numbers 453-458)
Black variant - numbered 002/2 (replacing numbers 459-460; Select equivalent to 1/1 card considering 001 cards are acquitted to private collections of those who run select itself (I think!).

Also Team Leaders 1:12 may be replaced by a womens' league concept!

Also remember how we all knew what 2015 Honours 2 would be like in terms of the continuing BM theme but Select introduced tempting concepts such as the Brownlow Destinations and Honour Roll

I do have a feeling there is going to be a twist on the Cert 460 concept in series 2. Yes we all know what the font-end cards will be but I do have a feeling Select will do a good job to convince collectors like us (or myself at least) to go and grab a taste of it. In terms of the twist I am talking about, there might be something similar to the 'mojo' concept prominent in NRL series 2 releases. In other thoughts I impressions at time of writing in terms of the C460 twist may take place as following:

Burgundy variant - numbered from 002 to 400
Green variant - numbered from 002 to 040 (replacing numbers 401-440)
Gold variant - numbered from 002 to 012 (replacing numbers 441-452)
Diamond (diecut or white refracting board or applicable to prominent club colour) variant - numbered from 002 to 006 (replacing numbers 453-458)
Black variant - numbered 002/2 (replacing numbers 459-460; Select equivalent to 1/1 card considering 001 cards are acquitted to private collections of those who run select itself (I think!).

Also Team Leaders 1:12 may be replaced by a womens' league concept!

Also remember how we all knew what 2015 Honours 2 would be like in terms of the continuing BM theme but Select introduced tempting concepts such as the Brownlow Destinations and Honour Roll

Love your enthusiasm mate and optimism but you give select way to much credit lol that will never happen in afl unfortunately. There will be a change but it will be something small and I guarantee you girls league will have cards.

Series 2 I reckon something like:

Numbered paralals but different to 460
A similiar insert to replace team leaders (maybe woman's)
Rookies as per last year just different design
Footy finest
Guernsey redemption and sig
Premiership redemption
Medal cards

Back
Top Bottom