2017 AFL season discussion thread

Trent Cotchin is free to play after being cleared by the MRP. Thank god for that. I personally would hate to see someone miss out on playing in a grand final for that incident. Richmond need him at his best if they are to upset the Crows. I bet he slept a little un-easy the last few nights lol.

Well, it’s probably near enough to prediction time, hey!!

Who do you fancy for the premiership and Norm Smith Medal?

I’ll pick Adelaide by 41 points, Matt Crouch for the Norm Smith Medal.

It’s amazing to think that just like that, the season is done and dusted in three days’ time.

Well, it’s probably near enough to prediction time, hey!!

Who do you fancy for the premiership and Norm Smith Medal?

I’ll pick Adelaide by 41 points, Matt Crouch for the Norm Smith Medal.

It’s amazing to think that just like that, the season is done and dusted in three days’ time.
The season really has flown by.

I think the Crows will win in a tight one, let's say by 10 points. Martin to win the Norm Smith in a losing team.

Really I'm just hoping for a good, enthralling game, like last year's!

Wow, pretty massive news about Luke Hodge likely playing for Brisbane next year. Knowing how good Sam Mitchell was for us this year, that would be such a boost for the Lions. Must be a bit hard for Hawks supporters to see their champions go on to play for other clubs to end their careers, though.

Wow, pretty massive news about Luke Hodge likely playing for Brisbane next year. Knowing how good Sam Mitchell was for us this year, that would be such a boost for the Lions. Must be a bit hard for Hawks supporters to see their champions go on to play for other clubs to end their careers, though.

at least we got the Hodge retirement card in his proper uniform :thumbsup:

Was hard with Sammy Mitchell, will be harder if this is what Hodgey does. It breaks my heart seeing these guys not one club players in brown and gold. Surely if he wants a job as an assistant coach Clarko could find room.
On another note, if he plays with the Lions next year then Select better hold off doing a 300 game case card until after he retires so he can be pictured in Hawks colours. If they do a 300 game case card in Brisbane colours not only would it be a travesty but i"ll fly over to the Select head office personally and have some very strong words.

Come on Hodgey, by all means go up there and coach, but please don't play.

at least we got the Hodge retirement card in his proper uniform :thumbsup:
Good point! He might end up with two retiree cards :lol:
Was hard with Sammy Mitchell, will be harder if this is what Hodgey does. It breaks my heart seeing these guys not one club players in brown and gold. Surely if he wants a job as an assistant coach Clarko could find room.
On another note, if he plays with the Lions next year then Select better hold off doing a 300 game case card until after he retires so he can be pictured in Hawks colours. If they do a 300 game case card in Brisbane colours not only would it be a travesty but i"ll fly over to the Select head office personally and have some very strong words.

Come on Hodgey, by all means go up there and coach, but please don't play.
I could be wrong, but I thought they did the 300 game card of the club they were playing for when they played their 300th? Surely they'll do Hodgey's in brown and gold anyway - there'd be a lot more collectors chasing a Hodge case card in Hawks colours than Lions colours.

Hearing murmurs even though Andrew Gaff is contracted St Kilda a highly interested and may part way with pick 7/8 for him.

Congratulations Richmond FC on winning the 2017 premiership. So Happy for them. The last 2 years have really made dreams come true for supporters. My one disappointment has been the Norm Smith winners the last 2 years. I thought Houli was clear BOG today. Maybe the "experts" got wrapped up in Dusty Mania. Dusty was good don't get me wrong, but not BOG. And don't get me started on JJ winning last year, that was just embarrassing!

Well done Tigers.

IMG_4368.JPG

Anyone else watching the Aus vs Irish match? I might be in the minority here but I love these games. Lost interest when they started picking the all indigenous team but before and after it’s been awesome. Goddard and Fyfe having great games. Wingard great early too.

Back
Top Bottom