2017/18 TNP FFA A-LEAGUE

I think you may be lucky even getting a release with packs this year........ heard a rumour that the market is just not there for the amount of money it costs to put a set out.

Im sure something will be released......may not be a packs/boxes type release though.....

... Nothing has been planned as yet.

Thanks for keeping us updated Matt.:thumbsup: Maybe an opportunity for us to provide some input as to what we might like to see in any release (if it eventuates)????

IMO a smaller release would be better with less base cards (200 cards is too many).

Also given this is more of a team focused sport (gotta have a team!!), maybe something like TnP did with the ICC Champions Trophy (cricket) with individual team sets available for purchase, with the ability to also buy a complete set for those who like to get all the teams.

Last season I saw the packs for sale at Glory games and noticed that when the kids opened the packs they were disappointed they didn't get any Glory players. So maybe another approach would be to have team based packs available for sale at games with just the home team players inside, e.g. 3-4 Glory player cards for $2 a pack, so the kids could collect the player cards that way. No doubt that would be more expensive to packet and distribute that way, but might be something to consider.

Anyway, just throwing it into the mix. Others may have other ideas that would help generate sales.

I THInk he is leaving it too late.

Agree....might also be due to workload issue for Neil with 2 cricket releases due in November & December.

But realistically you'd think that the sales "window" is only going to be January to early March as the NRL & AFL cards will hit then & dominate interest & $$. Of course that is assuming that this is going to be a box/packet release like previous years.

But wouldn't be hanging my hat on the Socceroos' World Cup hopes as a sales driver at this point :eek:

I understand a lot of time, effort and work goes into making cards for collects and doing there best to get them to market, but why is it every release this year is nearly released when the season is dead and buried?

I understand a lot of time, effort and work goes into making cards for collects and doing there best to get them to market, but why is it every release this year is nearly released when the season is dead and buried?

Because most companies run their businesses on the smell of an oily rag to maximise their profits.....which are becoming harder and harder to obtain.

January/ February are when Topps & Panini release their high end products, with Panini releasing a few World Cup related throughout the first half of the year. Have a look at the designs and value for money per box and case compared with TNP. With TNP you might get a jersey/auto per case of a mid tier player and pay $300+ for it? :crazy:

There's no real value in tnp cards, they don't hold their value (have any of their releases gone up?), they end up with ample stock (possible future dumping of stock?) and overall design need a revamp as it getting old and tacky. In a perfect scenario they would cease to be in Football cards and a real manufacturer like Topps would take over, even Futera/ESP would have a better go at it.

Back
Top Bottom