2016 Series II/Honours 3 Rumours and Ideas

St Kilda got case sig 2 years ago as well with Breen so in that sense would have been good to see it shared around different teams with Burgoyne signed instead but still more limited than 80, case sigs N Riewoldt and Petrie /50, one in every 6 or 7 cases.

so having a closer look at the flyer, 7 cards per pack and you would think 36 packs per box is 252 cards
in a box you should get
certified 460 -12
All Australian -6
Team Leaders -3
Rookies -2
certified signature -1
other (medal/big hit) -1

That's 227 base cards per box so hopefully the base collation is good with room for only 7 doubles per box if you want a full set

Holy mackerel - damn my "non one-eyed" football supporter ways! :)

Even as a Hawks man, how bloody good do the guernsey cards look?! I am a fan of Hanners, Tomahawk, Ollie Wines and "they call him" Bruce so there are decisions to make for me!

What an amazing release - bravo Select, you really have listened to the people!

BREAKING NEWS: Select have also confirmed that next year's 'Footy's Finest' insert will be replaced by a 3D 'Jawbreakers' insert. This brand new set chase earmarked for next year's Series II set will feature the likes of Ty Vickery, Tom Jonas & Barry Hall among others. These once-in-a-lifetime memorabilia cards will feature rare 3D footage of one of the huge hits these players have conducted on opponents in their career, plus part of a bone broken, tooth lost or jersey soaked in blood during these hits.

The cards are numbered to the final total of weeks the suspended player received from the Match Review Panel for the hit!

In and out quickly here. Kennedy, Goldstein, Enright, Sandilands, Shiel, Ward and J Steven already purchased pre sell.

A Fyfe guernsey signature would have been awesome. Wonder if he's holding out. Not like he has anything better to do.

I'm not sure that Rory Laird, David Zaharakis, Jeremy Cameron or Jesse Hogan have enough runs on the board to be called Footys Finest.
It could be argued that Adam Treloar doesn't either, but I'm very happy he has a hard to get insert that I can chase.
Some great signatures with Enright, Burgoyne, J. Gibson, Jack, J.P. Kennedy, Fasolo, Crisp, Sandilands, Crouch, Martin, Sandilands, Walters, Blicavs, Zorko, Hanley, Shiel, Ward etc all getting signatures.
I'm thinking that this series will sell out pretty quick, so I might have to buy three or four boxes when they come out just so I don't miss out.
Guernsey Redemptions look great. Overall a very exciting release!
I'm still waiting for a Gordon Coventry 300 game case card though!

Think I have to agree with you Bob! I guess the purpose for those players you mentioned are simply for team set collectors as a consultation for not getting a jersey card and IMO I wish Steve Johnson was the chosen Giant for Footy Finest as far as I'm concerned Select have endorsed Cameron enough within front end insets accumulating all 18 clubs. In saying that though, I partially understand why others may not necessarily agree with me as many cats supporters might be squeamish to see Stevie J on a high end card outside the good old old blue hoops lol!

Last edited:
Very cheap but keep in mind the more these sellers pre sell before the product comes out the more of it they will secure on day one which means less for everyone else if opening boxes is something you enjoy. Not to mention then the rarer cards will be monopolised which allows people to set their own price. Each to their own but I'd love to see this product equally distributed with everyone having a chance to open boxes

Back
Top Bottom