2016 Select Footy Stars (Series 1)

I am seeing a blue version and a red version of the Starburst Caricature on ebay. Can anyone explain how this works. The blue version seem to be numbered sp ( though they may be some kind of promo version ? ) The red version I assume come from packets.

I am seeing a blue version and a red version of the Starburst Caricature on ebay. Can anyone explain how this works. The blue version seem to be numbered sp ( though they may be some kind of promo version ? ) The red version I assume come from packets.
The red version comes in the packets like you said, the blue version is included in the starter packs (they contain three packs plus one loose blue caricature card).

yer id have been all for it being 1:72. As alot dont make sense and will drop in value so quickly....
it wont hold a candle to the 2006 release of them

Yep, some of them are absolutely pointless as predictors, should have followed the model they had in 06 where they just picked the most likely winners.

I guess in retrospect - and as a pointer for when Select next release Brownlow predictors - the recent "premiership predictor" format is perhaps the way to go.

The fact that Select can guarantee that the 2016 winner WILL be signing is a huge positive, however 90% of the players on the checklist will not be winning it in 2016.
This is not meant to sound disrespectful to the players!

I think maybe 250-300 general predictor cards might have been a good idea.

But i will say its a good start to get back some interest in series 1.
To many predictors but at least they are there. probably to many variations of 'inserts' to as my only knocks.
will be interesting now to see how they step up series 2

If a 300 case card has a signed version it will be in the same release, Wanganeen did not have one.

All we need now is for a smokey to win the brownlow. it has happened plently of time in the past eg, libba, stynes and wynd in the early 90's woewodin in 2000.

Wonder what will happen if there is a tie??

guess thats what the wild cards for... but id like to have seen a wild per team instead.....
dual sig would be awesome!

If a 300 case card has a signed version it will be in the same release, Wanganeen did not have one.

All we need now is for a smokey to win the brownlow. it has happened plently of time in the past eg, libba, stynes and wynd in the early 90's woewodin in 2000.

Wonder what will happen if there is a tie??

Personally, I really like the format of this series' Brownlow Predictors, but agree that there are too many players in the set. I think the fun of guessing who is going to win and trying to get your hands on that card is the best part of the Brownlow Predictor idea.

With that in mind, if the BPs were to continue in the future, maybe Select could increase the rarity of the Predictors to 1:4 boxes (the same odds as the signatures in 2011 Champions) and cut the set by half down to 4 players per team plus the wildcard (73 total). If the print run was the same as this series they would be numbered to about 125. I think this would ensure they keep their value, and you're not as likely to get a player who has barely a one in a million chance of winning it. Plus there would be a bit of extra excitement when busting a box, hoping you're going to pull one!

Fodder for the country's recycling bins unfortunately...but not entirely unexpected given the history of Series 1. I dunno, $30 a card seems ridiculously hopeful when rarer cards can be picked up for barely more than $20. To wit, 2015 Distinctions.

That done and dusted, when does Series 2 and my Tony Lockett Legend card come out??????? Anyone?

Fodder for the country's recycling bins unfortunately...but not entirely unexpected given the history of Series 1. I dunno, $30 a card seems ridiculously hopeful when rarer cards can be picked up for barely more than $20. To wit, 2015 Distinctions.

That done and dusted, when does Series 2 and my Tony Lockett Legend card come out??????? Anyone?
I'm Seconding your first paragraph.

Not sure about you guys but as a Collingwood collector I'm not keen on paying $60 plus each for the 8 Collingwood predictors. I will wait until the end of the year. None of them bar Scott Pendlebury are a realistic chance to win it. Not worth the money.
There's a Greenwood and Crisp predictors for $30 buy it now on fee bay at the moment.

I can't remember a series one being this well received since 2011 Champions and the Star Signatures. Actually it's amazing how footy is a moving feast, looking back at that. Of the players included in the signature cards: Kurt Tippett is now at Sydney, Eddie Betts is now at Adelaide, Darren Jolly has retired, James Podsiadly moved to Adelaide and then retired, Brad Sewell has retired and Chris Newman has retired. Only Mark LeCras and Andrew Swallow are still at their original clubs.

On another subject, has anyone been lucky enough to hit a Nathan Fyfe or Gary Ablett Brownlow predictor yet? Just looking at eBay, there are a few optimistic sellers by the looks of things!! Not going to single out any major eBay sellers, suffice to say that both my eyebrows are raised :)

Yeah, I think there are going to be some players that are going to go nice and cheap... I mean Billy Longer??? Seriously?!

True. But I'd feel really sorry for someone who saves up to buy a box and pulls Brent Stanton or another banned player.

Back
Top Bottom