2016 Select Footy Stars (Series 1)

Won a few dollars on the footy over the weekend and went out n bought a box with some of the winnings.
Wasnt happy as it didnt contain a brownlow predictor!

Contacted select and the email back i received was...

"Hi

Our odds are approximate but not guaranteed.

Robbie"

Far from impressed

Overall after busting my 2 cases, collecting my Richmond master set, I rate the product an 8/10.

Predictors were fun to pull, A NUMBERED INSERT IN SERIES 1 HOORAY, the Thunder & Lightning were something different, but have declined dramaticly in price.
The caricatures are always a fun insert, some of the drawings are great.

Select probably could have halved the number of predictors to 4 a team and a wildcard, made it a 1:72, had another 1:36, like a superhero or something along those lines.

But I am hearing great things about series 2, GU's patches is the big one. So should be interesting.

Won a few dollars on the footy over the weekend and went out n bought a box with some of the winnings.

"Hi

Robbie"

Far from impressed

Hearing a few people say they pulled 2 predictors in a box, so you're just one of them unlcky ones that copped the wrong end of the stick.
There packs and boxes do say odds are approximate and not guaranteed. Can't blame them for that one, just unlucky.

@adz2332 that is part of the reason that I don't bust boxes any more - I don't have much money to go around as it is, so I'd rather just treat myself every month or two with a signature card (for example) that I want. I wonder if we will get to the stage where there might be a very high end limited release (eg like with NBA) where each box GUARANTEES specific hits?

@Matty76 even in the NBA, about 3 quarters of products don't have hit ratios, just random hits.
There are the '3 autos and 1 jersey a box' ratios, but not for each set, which makes getting a /10, /5 or 1/1 all the better because it isn't guaranteed.

@dannybuoy if you have any doubles from your Richmond chase PM me with what you've got, as I'm chasing the Richmond master set too and have only busted two Select products lol

"Hi

Robbie"

Far from impressed

They not only have a pint, it's written all over their product and has been for at least twenty years.

I'd simply suggest live with it and better luck next time. People do like to crow about beating the odds so it's quite something when the same people piss and moan when the same odds snap back.

I have been collecting trading cards for fun since the 1990's and I must say the 2016 AFL cards are an improvement over the last few years, it is good to have a totally different design this time round, although I did find the Milestone cards similar to previous years. I think the base cards are a huge improvement and those orange starburst look unique. I have purchased a bunch of packs already and already have two Brownlow Predictors Jack Ziebell and one player who is always a chance Gary Ablett jr. Hope I get the Dangerfield one next, 1:36 packs and then you x the odds by 144 = 1 in 5184 packs per card. I pulled both of my predictors from boxes that were fairly full.

Back
Top Bottom