2016 Elite Master set - update page 13

I know where there is a 2016 Broncos master set for sale. If anyone is interested send me a PM, K

Dragons Master Set for sale

It seems Duane that you are upset that a master set (or two) were broken up and the team sets sold to team collectors but you were not offered one, in particular the Dragons one.
I read it that you think it would have been fairer if the sellers used the list compiled last year.
First of all why is the list fair? It is compiled by "first in" basis. If for any reason someone doesnt have access to OCT because they actually are working or in a meeting or their internet is down etc they miss out on being on the list. They may have been on OCT for hours and just logged out when the list starts. Why is it fair that those people dont have a chance?
It appears you think you are entitled to all future selling of a St George master set all because you were lucky enough to be online when the list started.
The only people that likely remember the list from last year are the people that are on it.

I am always happy to 'show and tell' my collection. It is part of the reason of collecting. I am one of the few master set collectors still around.
I enjoy the chase of collecting. This is why I stopped collecting Select and ESP in 2008. I do get some cards here and there from these sets but not a lot. These sets are easily collected and I could start now and easily obtain all the cards. It really is just a matter of money.
I now concentrate on the club sets and sponsor sets. They are more enjoyable as you have the chase. I am a St George one-eyed supporter but went to every Canterbury game last year chasing the cards. Had a great time with a few mates. Doing it again this year and also going to go to all the Penrith home games after the player posters they are doing. It is much more fun than collecting ESP who have changed the collecting game although I have no doubt the NRL are forcing ESP to do what they do with the licensing costs.
I purchased all the TCM cards that came in the tins but them missed out on my Dragons team set when they eight "unreleased" teams become limited avialable. I did manage to get four of the "unreleased" sets but still want to buy the other 4 teams. When I missed out on them I didnt start sending out emails asking who got them and why didnt I. To this day if I was offered them I would buy them so I just wait patiently. What else can I do. Instead of complaining perhaps just a post asking if anyone would like to sell you one would have done and all this commotion would not have happened.

In saying all of that I am the owner of a 2016 ESP Elite St George Illawarra master set.

As a master set collector I would like to have one card of every card ever produced but that is not going to happen. We cant have everything but I know that I would have items that other people do not and other people will have items that I do not. The chase will never end.

Part of collecting is having the regret of that card you missed out on. Didnt bid enough on eBay and then never seeing the card again. Regret. happens to me.
One of the worst things is when you know about a card but never get the chance to bid on it. Perhaps this is what you are feeling?

Normally when a card comes into my collection it does not leave but,
I am happy to place my Dragons master set for sale. Everyone should have the opportunity to own every card they want.
If you are really keen send me your best price and if it is enough you may become the owner. Anyone is welcome.

What I will not do is tell anyone else the buyer or tell anyone who I bought it from. It is no ones business.
My hero!!!
Obviously completely missed my point.
As for work, I also work and log on when I get the chance. Whilst away that is only when internet access is available.

So I gather you do not want to buy a master set?? How confusing this is?!?!?!
Thanks but no thanks. As much as I would love to have a set, I have something called integrity. And after your little tirade, which was questioning my integrity, I would be happy not to have it from someone like yourself. And as for trying to basically tell me about life skills and values, I would probably listen more to my 10 year old. I do believe she knows what integrity is.
But thank you for the kind offer

Thanks but no thanks. As much as I would love to have a set, I have something called integrity. And after your little tirade, which was questioning my integrity, I would be happy not to have it from someone like yourself. And as for trying to basically tell me about life skills and values, I would probably listen more to my 10 year old. I do believe she knows what integrity is.
But thank you for the kind offer

- I've heard it all....

Coming from you, that means nothing. You wouldn't know how to spell the word. But thanks for your useless (as usual) comment

Haha - you'd know....
More war tales round these parts about you than me old mate...

Dragons Master Set for sale

It seems Duane that you are upset that a master set (or two) were broken up and the team sets sold to team collectors but you were not offered one, in particular the Dragons one.
I read it that you think it would have been fairer if the sellers used the list compiled last year.
First of all why is the list fair? It is compiled by "first in" basis. If for any reason someone doesnt have access to OCT because they actually are working or in a meeting or their internet is down etc they miss out on being on the list. They may have been on OCT for hours and just logged out when the list starts. Why is it fair that those people dont have a chance?
It appears you think you are entitled to all future selling of a St George master set all because you were lucky enough to be online when the list started.
The only people that likely remember the list from last year are the people that are on it.

I am always happy to 'show and tell' my collection. It is part of the reason of collecting. I am one of the few master set collectors still around.
I enjoy the chase of collecting. This is why I stopped collecting Select and ESP in 2008. I do get some cards here and there from these sets but not a lot. These sets are easily collected and I could start now and easily obtain all the cards. It really is just a matter of money.
I now concentrate on the club sets and sponsor sets. They are more enjoyable as you have the chase. I am a St George one-eyed supporter but went to every Canterbury game last year chasing the cards. Had a great time with a few mates. Doing it again this year and also going to go to all the Penrith home games after the player posters they are doing. It is much more fun than collecting ESP who have changed the collecting game although I have no doubt the NRL are forcing ESP to do what they do with the licensing costs.
I purchased all the TCM cards that came in the tins but them missed out on my Dragons team set when they eight "unreleased" teams become limited avialable. I did manage to get four of the "unreleased" sets but still want to buy the other 4 teams. When I missed out on them I didnt start sending out emails asking who got them and why didnt I. To this day if I was offered them I would buy them so I just wait patiently. What else can I do. Instead of complaining perhaps just a post asking if anyone would like to sell you one would have done and all this commotion would not have happened.

In saying all of that I am the owner of a 2016 ESP Elite St George Illawarra master set.

As a master set collector I would like to have one card of every card ever produced but that is not going to happen. We cant have everything but I know that I would have items that other people do not and other people will have items that I do not. The chase will never end.

Part of collecting is having the regret of that card you missed out on. Didnt bid enough on eBay and then never seeing the card again. Regret. happens to me.
One of the worst things is when you know about a card but never get the chance to bid on it. Perhaps this is what you are feeling?

Normally when a card comes into my collection it does not leave but,
I am happy to place my Dragons master set for sale. Everyone should have the opportunity to own every card they want.
If you are really keen send me your best price and if it is enough you may become the owner. Anyone is welcome.

What I will not do is tell anyone else the buyer or tell anyone who I bought it from. It is no ones business.

My hero!!!
Obviously completely missed my point.
As for work, I also work and log on when I get the chance. Whilst away that is only when internet access is available.

I must have missed something here, to me that was a well written post and I imagine reflects a lot of peoples sentiment. Rogers post also appears to have come with a genuine offer that provided an opportunity for you to get what has been the cause of all the angst. I didn't understand the tone of your reply.

I can sympathise with your integrity angle but I also think with a community forum like this that the choice of who and where the cards go solely sits with the owner of the cards and can't fathom it any other way. I do find the expectation on here at times that simply because someone is the first to post means that they have a right to it over anyone else misguided. I have done set splits and the odd share and I know that bad feeling as the organiser when you know and like someone who misses out. Like Mirren said there are often many great people who are deserving and some relationships obviously go deeper than just Oz Cards and outweigh a simple reply to a thread. So if and when a deal doesn't fall my way I simply move on and accept it.

I for one as a St George tragic came to the conclusion long ago that I will never own all the St George cards released as I simply can't justify to myself (or the wife and kids) the dollars it would take to complete and secondly some items just aren't readily available. I have many regrets of cards and deals I have not been able to partake in for many reasons but that disappointment drives the thrill of the chase and makes it so much sweeter, when with patience and savings, I finally get something I genuinely want to add to my collection.

Anyway I trust we can all move on and let it go.

PS: I also learnt something from Rogers post tonight that some of the unreleased St George TCM cards found their way into the public. I'm changing forums now to do a wanted post and will wait and hope some will eventually find their way into my PC.

Ross

I know where there is a 2016 Broncos master set for sale. If anyone is interested send me a PM, K
Ok once again, i have a Broncos Master set 3/5 available for sale including all signature cards etc etc but no one is biting. Everyone's complaining about not been offered the chance now here is mine with no response. K

Ok once again, i have a Broncos Master set 3/5 available for sale including all signature cards etc etc but no one is biting. Everyone's complaining about not been offered the chance now here is mine with no response. K

Was going to say something about it being the Broncos....but will refrain.....

Was going to say something about it being the Broncos....but will refrain.....
Its more like everyone complains and whinges about, you didnt offer it to me or why didnt you contact me 1st etc etc. Its more like if you are offered something at whatever price and if you really want it then pull out your wallet and buy because certain cards you most likely will only get that chance once to buy and when its gone, its gone for good. I really cant stand collectors that talk down the seller with price either knowing that if a card is worth lets just say $1k well lets now offer $350. What a joke this hobby is becoming. K

I don't like low ballers either but the hobby is in decline and has been for years.

As for card values, there is no real guide. eBay is a very rough one but even then most cards go for unders. Card values are very subjective, for example I would pay more for a Raiders card / set than any other team despite the fact that I know they are not one of the pricier teams.

A simple solution to low ballers is to not sell them the card. You have it, they want it so you stick to your guns price wise.

Back
Top Bottom