2016 Collecting Goals

When I get back to Oz my goals will be To Catch up on all the cards I've missed for my titans collection for the 2 years and then look at expanding on side projects like my wally Lewis and Greg bird PC's and getting a few graded cards.

The good news is the last two years cards will be cheaper to buy now than when they were released.

Ross

2016 goals:
One eels base set I refuse to buy all the parallels.
Work in my want list which is pretty rare and to sell a lot of my non eel collection and phantom comics.

Finish off some of the Broncos cards released by sponsors. It's been my goal for a number of years now just availability is the problem as opposed to $$.
1990 Streets Broncos
Greg Dowling

1991 Street Broncos
Wild Card

1995 Birch Carrol & Coyle Suburban 8 Broncos Representatives
2, 6,

Ansett Broncos Series 2
Tonie Carroll, Darren Lockyer, Steve Renouf

Ansett Broncos v Cowboys (full set)

Finish off some of the Broncos cards released by sponsors. It's been my goal for a number of years now just availability is the problem as opposed to $$.
1990 Streets Broncos
Greg Dowling

1991 Street Broncos
Wild Card

1995 Birch Carrol & Coyle Suburban 8 Broncos Representatives
2, 6,

Ansett Broncos Series 2
Tonie Carroll, Darren Lockyer, Steve Renouf

Do you have the Powers set as well, or the postcards from 1988 or all the Coke Collect A Cards?
They are probably the hardest sets I know of the top of my head

Do you have the Powers set as well, or the postcards from 1988 or all the Coke Collect A Cards?
No as they are the harder sets I will probably look at them once I have completed the ones listed (or at the least the partly completed ones).

These club sets always seem the hardest to complete. I've been hunting St George Hot, Hot, Hot and Bring it On for years.

Ross

My goal is to finish continue chasing high-end inserts from 2013-14. this includes:
2013 Elite: FF Golds- Bulldogs, Manly, Eels and Dragons to complete
2014 Traders: Complete Retirees, and maybe find that Triple Brother Signature then resume chasing parallels
2014 Elite: Complete Young Guns- Ben Hunt, Paul Vaughan, Anthony Don and Tanginoa to go, plus finish all Gold Parallels.

1) Collect all the Knights cards from this years releases
2) Fill the gaps in previous years releases (Mostly Albums and Base Sets)
3) Get all the Knights cards i have at the ready signed

not a collecting goal per se, but be more involved the trading card community rather than lurking

1) Collect all the Knights cards from this years releases
2) Fill the gaps in previous years releases (Mostly Albums and Base Sets)
3) Get all the Knights cards i have at the ready signed

not a collecting goal per se, but be more involved the trading card community rather than lurking
Welcome on board and out of the closet Sean :thumbsup:

Plenty of Knights collectors on here you'll be in good company

Ross

After yet another analysation of my collection, I'd like to complete the foil/parallels collection.

Working on 2 base sets, 2 foil sets per release. (Excluding mojos as they are numbered, and let's face it, way over priced!) Unfortunately that includes a second set of elite 2014, 2015 golds.

Chase a few IP's for the PC.

Pray they release some tariq sims cards this year.... And start PC's on lachlan coote & jake granville.

Complete a signed premiers cowboys set!

On the cowboys front, another thurston/norton captain card, another cowboys duo, another brothers sims triple sigs, and hopefully a thurston ultimate collection sig.

Oh the dream!

M

Last edited:
Get a full set of 1987 Scanlens in excellent/near mint condition or better
2013 Elite complete master set - need Dragons FF gold and Mannah fixed TT
2016 Traders - base set, faces set and maybe Eels SAS and DD
2016 Elite - base set and maybe a few high end Eels inserts

I may have an Ella 1982
and I have a Branighan 1977 in fair/good

Would really like to complete my 1975 & 1976 scanlens, started collecting these when I was a kid so will be a 40 & 41 year assignment if I do.
Admittedly a big break in between where I wasn't actively collecting but still a bloody long time to put them together.
Seriously thinking about having a go at something from this years release, probably keep it simple and cheap like a eels base set.

To finish my side Scanlens project of many a year I would like to find these cards in good condition at a reasonable price:

1977 #87 Branighan
1982 #6 Ella

Good luck to everyone in achieving their goals.

Cheers
Ross

and I have a Branighan 1977 in fair/good

Would really like to complete my 1975 & 1976 scanlens, started collecting these when I was a kid so will be a 40 & 41 year assignment if I do.
Admittedly a big break in between where I wasn't actively collecting but still a bloody long time to put them together.
Seriously thinking about having a go at something from this years release, probably keep it simple and cheap like a eels base set.

Thanks Sean, but I picked up a Branighan on Ebay almost the same day I posted on here my 2016 wants.......this thread is almost like a wishing well :lol:

I was also going to post pictures in here that I have now finished my 1977 and 1982 chase when I get the Ella in hand, thanks to some help from @Eels Guru

Cheers
Ross

Well done Ross, making progress with mine, traded a few on here and picked up a few on ebay so Im getting there.

Sorry Sean, 1975 and 1976 are years I cant help you with. 1975 was my first year collecting as well and with playing flicks I had shoe boxes full of 1975 -1977 cards.

Unfortunately when I was living overseas in the early 90's my mum and dad retired, had a clean up and moved house. :cry: I didn't really care until I started collecting again with my son about 2003 and realised what it was I had lost.

Ross

Back
Top Bottom