2016 Collecting Goals

Brendan_B

OZCT Supporter
Real Name
Brendan
eBay User
Brendan3767
I stole this from the basketball forum but have just started a months leave and have a bit of time to kill while the wife and kids are working / daycare.

My 2016 goals are as follows;

2004 Woolford Captains Signature
One of the 2008 Immortal signatures
One of the 2009/10 Select Cricket Master Signatures

These are fairly lofty goals $$ wise, hopefully I can save and get there

Love to hear others 2016 NRL collecting goals

My collecting goals are:

To get all the Parramatta cards from 2016 releases
To finalise the past heroes signed set (only need Paul Harragon)
To continue collecting Steve Smith cards as cricketing releases come out
To buy a few nice Chris Paul (NBA) cards as funds allow

My collecting goals are:

To finalise the past heroes signed set (only need Paul Harragon)
To continue collecting Steve Smith cards as cricketing releases come out
To buy a few nice Chris Paul (NBA) cards as funds allow

Any high end Eels from previous years on your wish list Paul?

Any high end Eels from previous years on your wish list Paul?
Wouldn't mind one but is all price dependent. There is about 6-8 high end that I require and wouldn't mind picking up a Matt Ryan Young Gun from 13 traders if I can come by one

My goals are:

To get all the 2016 parramata base cards signed
to get chris sandow 2015 signed elite base card
To get Jarryd Hayne 2011 Strike signature card
To get Jarryd Hayne 2016 NFL base cards and continue collecting Aaron Rodgers cards for pc

Wouldn't mind one but is all price dependent. There is about 6-8 high end that I require and wouldn't mind picking up a Matt Ryan Young Gun from 13 traders if I can come by one

Hard to come by now those 13 YG's

Great cards, sad thing is there would be so much unopened stock and therefore so many of these great autos will neversee the light of day

I'd say my collecting goals for 2016 would be similiar (except for which teams)to most:

To collect all the St George cards from 2016 releases. (NRL licensed releases)
To get all the 2016 St George base cards signed.

Plug a few gaps in my STG signed IP collection; one that is annoying me is how many Matt Cooper cards I need, he must of skipped a few of the members days with injury.

To finish my side Scanlens project of many a year I would like to find these cards in good condition at a reasonable price:

1977 #87 Branighan
1982 #6 Ella

Good luck to everyone in achieving their goals.

Cheers
Ross

My goals are:
1. To finish off all the tazo sets which I have. Most of them are missing a few with 2008 being complete. Replace all damaged tazos with mint ones and get albums for all.
2. Get rid of all my spare 2015 Traders low end cards.
3. Collect 2016 Traders if they are better than previous years

OR

4. Get some high end cards preferably bulldogs

1) Would love to pickup a VG/NM 1982 Scanlens set, or 1979 or 1978 for that matter.

2) Keep up the Warriors collection and keep adding to #001s if possible.

I stole this from the basketball forum but have just started a months leave and have a bit of time to kill while the wife and kids are working / daycare.

My 2016 goals are as follows;

2004 Woolford Captains Signature
One of the 2008 Immortal signatures
One of the 2009/10 Select Cricket Master Signatures

These are fairly lofty goals $$ wise, hopefully I can save and get there

Love to hear others 2016 NRL collecting goals

Any idea what a Woolford Captain Sig goes for these days? I've got one from back in the day I'm still holding on to for now - I think I paid $300 or so for it in 2005.

Any idea what a Woolford Captain Sig goes for these days? I've got one from back in the day I'm still holding on to for now - I think I paid $300 or so for it in 2005.

You don't see them pop up often being /40 and over a decade since the release.

I have seen one go for around $750 on eBay a few years back so I would imagine somewhere in the
$700-$800 mark.

Cardzone has a few listed of the less popular players for around $1000 I think

I'd say my collecting goals for 2016 would be similiar (except for which teams)to most:

To collect all the St George cards from 2016 releases. (NRL licensed releases)
To get all the 2016 St George base cards signed.

Plug a few gaps in my STG signed IP collection; one that is annoying me is how many Matt Cooper cards I need, he must of skipped a few of the members days with injury.

To finish my side Scanlens project of many a year I would like to find these cards in good condition at a reasonable price:

1977 #87 Branighan
1982 #6 Ella

Good luck to everyone in achieving their goals.

Cheers
Ross
I may have an Ella 1982

I'll just be trying to keep up with the 2016 releases, and keeping an eye out for the few Knights cards I'm still after. There's not too many and they're pretty rare ones, but there's always a chance they'll show up! :)

for me and the NRL it really depends on the releases this year, I have been consolidating my collection for a while now and am still working out what exactly I want to collect and most of it is leaning towards the non-sport section. And it will highly depend on what ESP can produce this year if I even consider buying a box/case of any of the releases.

However in general I would like to:
  • Clearly define (for myself) what I actually enjoy collecting
  • Clear out the bundles and bundles of cards I still have laying around from my old days of trying to collect master sets
  • Pray and hope that the 2016 traders and/or elite series produce something that I want to collect
  • Focus on picking up some of the pre-ESP Melbourne Storm cards and that I want after deciding on the first point
  • Bust more boxes either sport or non-sport depending on what takes my fancy at the time

When I get back to Oz my goals will be To Catch up on all the cards I've missed for my titans collection for the 2 years and then look at expanding on side projects like my wally Lewis and Greg bird PC's and getting a few graded cards.

Back
Top Bottom