2016/17 TnP A-league Trading Cards

Speaking of missing cards, did the Mullen/Kantarovski card from last year get updated with a new card with the correct picture ?

@NBUnited was looking into that. Maybe he can provide an update, although given how long it has been, we can probably guess what the outcome is going to be.

emailed T n P over the weekend and got a reply saying that Adelaide and WSW have not signed there cards yet. Pretty shit organisation, considering they are the 2 I have

Chasing all the a-league common logo cards. Want 2 full sets if possible!
:)
Thanks in advance for any help that may come my way.
Cheers
Shaun

Will chuck a picture up in my mail day later, but received my Valeri redemption yesterday. Not a fan of the base/inserts this year but they killed it with the signatures imo.

Just saw a Matt Ryan signature patch on ebay. Sick patch bbut yo would be a little disappointed in the signature!

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/2016-17-...254956?hash=item2cb6d94b6c:g:kooAAOSwj85YRpwT

Agree, but it's almost as if the signing box didn't take into account his actual signature, with that high loop on his R. Which is a shame.

Choice of pen probably wasn't great either.

IMG_0629.JPG

Last edited:
I spoke with Neil yesterday and the Adelaide signing has been booked in, and the Sydney FC one is in the works as well.

He is waiting on the A-league to help finalise the Wanderers replacement.

thanks for the update @Matt26

Don't suppose Neil gave any further insight into either the team logo cards issue for the parallel with this release, OR the Mullen/Kantarovski (Newcastle Jets) replacement card from season's release??

Agree, but it's almost as if the signing box didn't take into account his actual signature, with that high loop on his R. Which is a shame.

Choice of pen probably wasn't great either.

IMG_0629.JPG

Looks like the signature will be an issue on most of the Ryan cards. I got this one back which is an absolute killer patch -

15356865_10211256335904130_1618435_n.jpg

LMAO what a s*** looking card and too think some paid $400-450 for these :crazy: be worth $150-200 now.

For some reason I thought it was his socceroo's jersey, not his central coast jersey, that was going to be featured in this release.
If the signature was good, this would have been a fantastic card.
Looks like the cards were stacked on top of each other after Matt signed them....another lesson learnt :)

LMAO what a s*** looking card and too think some paid $400-450 for these :crazy: be worth $150-200 now.

For some reason I thought it was his socceroo's jersey, not his central coast jersey, that was going to be featured in this release.

When you look back at it, the warning signs were probably there in the photo posted on TnP Facebook page at the time of his signing.

IMG_0630.JPG

If you zoom in you can the signature is crammed in, and the card 'folders' are empty.

Probably not unusual that the blanks are signed before the patch is inserted, but agree it certainly gave the impression that it would be a Socceroos jersey, albeit that the Fb posted referred that he began his senior career with CC Mariners before heading for Europe.

The sell sheet for this release specifically stated 2 x Socceroo Signed Jersey Card 1:180 packs.

Very liberal interpretation of what constitutes a 'Socceroo' jersey card - any jersey provided by a now Socceroos player.

Likely to be some very p***ed off collectors at the moment.

Hang on, didn't they state that they were not going to do the 'folding in half' type of jersey cards anymore? They look and feel so crap the folded jersey cards. Some don't end up being aligned which doesn't help. What a shame if they did!

A fair few collectors would be feeling real burnt atm. With more and more errors and misleading information it's clear that they are here for the 'collector' and not to for the money :rolleyes:.

If the Slater is around the $150 mark when the hype dies down I may grab one, however, with so many great releases coming out next month (Topps, Panini & Futera) it's hard to justify these high prices when the quality of the cards are no where near what others are producing.

It is a socceroos Jersey but a keeper one.

With respect, I think that the patch on the eBay item (image above) is part the the central coast mariners badge. All TnP patch releases have the badge/crest from the jersey in the low number cards, and the one on eBay is #4

I would expect a Soccerooos jersey to have the Australian crest on the shirt, albeit the crest used has changed over time.

IMG_0634.PNG IMG_0632.JPG IMG_0633.JPG

That's got to be the best Patch possible

Sorry, don't agree. This patch card highlights a serious credibility issue from TnP.

Previous jersey cards, including Archie Thompson jersey from last year's release and Brett Lee BBL Sydney Sixers jersey, were specifically identified to the games they were worn in.

There is no reference that I can see on this patch card as to what game this jersey is from.

I understand from earlier posts about jersey cards that it is not easy to get the actual jersey off players and often it involved the card manufacturer having to pay for it.

But, if this was the best jersey possible that TnP could get their hand on then be honest & upfront and say so. Not list something on a sell sheet that is not the case.

I am more than happy to retract any of these comments if TnP provides a full image of the jersey used, and details of which actual Socceroos game Matt Ryan wore it in.

Back
Top Bottom