2015 Elite Review & Poll

Does the 2015 Elite product justify the significant price rise?

• Yes

Votes: 4 5.0%
  • No

Votes: 76 95.0%

• Total voters
Yeah,
due to a change in finances earlier in the year, I decided to simply chase Parra cards from Traders onwards, and I've gotta say I'm happy with that decision, with the way Elite ended up. My attempts at Master sets are gone, my pockets are nowhere deep enough
HAS ANYONE OUT THERE GOT A MASTER SET OR TRYING TO GET ONE.
I HAVE EVEN WORKED OUT DOWN TO THE SLEEVE HOW MANY SLEEVES YOU NEED TO PUT YOUR SET IN COMFORTABLY.
IE NO MIXING OF INSERTS.
i WILL GIVE YOU A HINT, YOU NEED TO BUY 5 ALBUMS TO THE RIGHT AMOUNT OF SLEEVES.
YES THATS RIGHT 5 5 5 5 5 5 5 5 5 5 5 5 5 ALBUMS.
who knows how many, bit of homework ladies and gents.
Congratulations ESP you have finally managed to screw probabably the last few master set collectors in the southern hemispere.
with no pages sold individually, thats a hell of a lot of postage a collector has to pay just for housing your cards.
i liked a lot of designs of elite, but stop flogging them and do something original, you have made more than enough funds to cover paying for a different image of each player,
you could a least use a second image for a insert set.

HAS ANYONE OUT THERE GOT A MASTER SET OR TRYING TO GET ONE.
I HAVE EVEN WORKED OUT DOWN TO THE SLEEVE HOW MANY SLEEVES YOU NEED TO PUT YOUR SET IN COMFORTABLY.
IE NO MIXING OF INSERTS.
i WILL GIVE YOU A HINT, YOU NEED TO BUY 5 ALBUMS TO THE RIGHT AMOUNT OF SLEEVES.
YES THATS RIGHT 5 5 5 5 5 5 5 5 5 5 5 5 5 ALBUMS.
who knows how many, bit of homework ladies and gents.
Congratulations ESP you have finally managed to screw probabably the last few master set collectors in the southern hemispere.
with no pages sold individually, thats a hell of a lot of postage a collector has to pay just for housing your cards.
i liked a lot of designs of elite, but stop flogging them and do something original, you have made more than enough funds to cover paying for a different image of each player,
you could a least use a second image for a insert set.
http://www.ozcardtrader.com.au/community/threads/2015-elite-master-set.190006/

Yep, seems Elite is dead. Only the Mojo's are holding value

Not sure they are holding value either looking at the very few recent sales

The number of albums David mentions are needed for current sets is legitimate, it certainly caused issues for me in my last couple of years collecting in terms of the space needed in a family home. Add to that that they are all so same-same in appearance and I wouldn't call it a trivial complaint.

Btw - a month since the last box break post! Show how much people are using group-breaks now, which is not necessarily a bad thing. Kind of killed off the excitement around here though for voyeurs like me

Was reading some old card crazy magazines from the 90s and thought this was so relevant given all the talk on parallels.

image.jpg

D
Not sure they are holding value either looking at the very few recent sales

The number of albums David mentions are needed for current sets is legitimate, it certainly caused issues for me in my last couple of years collecting in terms of the space needed in a family home. Add to that that they are all so same-same in appearance and I wouldn't call it a trivial complaint.

Btw - a month since the last box break post! Show how much people are using group-breaks now, which is not necessarily a bad thing. Kind of killed off the excitement around here though for voyeurs like me
DANIEL, I have recently built a new house with a huge room just to house my collection, it was designed in 2013.
since then I can not believe how many albums this company has to flog out just to accomodate each series.
I am definetly not going down the track of building another house, just to keep up with esp.
who knows next year elite might be 7 albums you need.
Sorry boys and girls I think it might be my last set as a collector.
But I might win lotto, yeah bullshit.

The funny thing is, the newsagents have had to return all their stock, so even if you were trying to finish Elite that way, it's gone.

Just relaying what three newsagents said to me today - Moorebank, Liverpool, Chipping Norton.

Yeah I know (not having a go at you) just that there was this supposed huge demand for the product (especially ESP was stating this) that subsided very quickly after the first few weeks.

Yeah I know (not having a go at you) just that there was this supposed huge demand for the product (especially ESP was stating this) that subsided very quickly after the first few weeks.
Have had a chat with a few dealers of late, they are all saying the same thing.
ESP have screwed them for the last time, 1 has already told esp to shove it where the sun don't shine.
ESP will tell you anything and promise things, but everyone is finding out the same way, it does not matter whether you are spending in excess of 250k for every set that they produce, you are just a means to an end-ie sales are all they are interested in for 5 years.
hence that is why there is always excess stock around, they are just trying to create demand.
how many boxes are there of 2014 traders dumped.
I have heard over a 1000 boxes being dumped.
some dealers can purchase them for as little as $30 a box.
not to mention what has been leaked about power play.

I do not disagree with what you are saying here at all! All I can say that should 2016 Elite price say the same or raised higher (i.e.$12 per pack), ESP has a lot of work indeed to do to make a collector like me go out of the way to start it up. Eventually I will create a post demonstrating a series that I'd personally love to see this year however to tell you the truth as a dual AFL collector with those cards to consider also, I'd really love to see NRL Elite/Series 2 revert back to the similar format from 2013/14 Elite series dropping back to the original price of $6 per pack. Is anyone else with me I wonder?

The main thing that made 2015 Elite worthwhile for the price rise, would have to be the ruby-red Mojo parallel sets! An insert arguably equal to the Black-bordered League Leader cards from 2012 Dynasty.

Back
Top Bottom