2015 Cricket Collecting Goals

Keatoboy

Travis Head #34
Real Name
Keaton
eBay User
keatoboy
Hi everyone,
Just thought I would make a thread where you guys can post what your cricket collecting goals for 2015 are. Look forward to reading through some, and who knows we may all be able to help each other out!

I'll get the ball rolling.......... My goals are to send out and receive back a minimum of 10 TTM's and get at least half of my BBL set finished, along with some Cow Corner cards of course.

So, what are your cricket collecting goals for 2015?

Cheers,
Keaton :)

Mine are basic actually. Not very ambitious. I just got back into card collecting this year after a decade and am loving how great it is to collect because of interactions online.

1. Total Card set which came out in SA in 1993.
2. Coca set of 15. I have 12 of the cards but not all are in mint. I would like to have all mints by year end.
3. At least one signatue cricket card (official release). I think that will eventually take me to where I want to go with cricket cards in 4-5 years - collecting limited release cards which are rare.
4. Get at least 1 more ProSport card. These cards are extremely hard to find. Right now I just have Srinath in damaged condition.
5. Get some cigarette cards to start my cigarette card collection in a way.

These are the main goals. There are trillion others of course.

Well for me this years range is not worth while collecting so I will be hopefully knocking these of my list next year:

1. Futera Heritage Wooden Box set numbered 48/500 (first 50 sets are presented in a wooden box), most likely towards the end of the year.

2. Cow Corner Legends set (that Viv card looks sweet)

3. 1994 Alan Border Master signature card /50 (maybe)

4. Few other sample and promo cards from my friends cricket collection

Last edited:
1. Get autographs of every Australian Test Cricketer between 2000-Current through TTM and IP.
2. Get 400 all-sport TTM autographs.
3. 100 IP Autographs
4. Meet Cristiano Ronaldo and get his autograph at the International Champions Cup in Melbourne.
5. Get the autographs of these five legends; Viv Richards, Garry Sobers, Sunil Gavaskar, Richie Benaud and Greg Chappell. Note. I have Sachin Tendulkar.
6. Get my Top Trumps Cricket Australia set finished (signed).
7. Get the autographs of the five modern masters: Brian Lara, Shaun Pollock, Andrew Flintoff, Murali Muralitharan and Kevin Pietersen.

I'll just be trying to add to my rare but affordable Futera promo and sample cards. Also looking for more gold stamped cards. I'm always on the look for the red cash card from the Decider series but don't see too many for sale. It's all about Futera cards for me at this stage, not really chasing Select or anything else right now. Actually as Select has been very disappointing lately, and there's nothing new in Cricket it's all about the older stuff.

1. Finish IP set of 2011/12 BBL cards. I have three to go at present with one hopefully on the way. Leave only Marlon Samuels and Shahid Afridi to go. With the World cup here in March, I am hoping I can get the last ones I need to finish it off.

2. Get as close as I can to finishing the Tap and Play set with IPs. Will be exceptionally hard especially with the late release. Will do the best I can with it and have to trade to get a lot.

3. Knock a few more off the older Futera, select, ESP IP sets as well as continue to tick off he cow corner cards. Down to only a few needed on most sets now.

4. Large dent in Topps World cup set with ip's. Large set will be hard to complete, so full Aussie set to start with and then what ever I can get for the others.

5. Pick up a couple of top end Futera and select official signature cards I still need.

After years of collecting cricket cards and other sports cards in the last few years have been downsizing and now only NRL Warriors, NZ players cricket and official autograph cards. So my wants for 2015 in cricket

1) Get the last few hundred dollars I need to pay Naz in full for Tap n Play auto set.
(if they do the same next year no way will I have the cash to get them )
2) Topps WC NZ team set (easy)
3) Hussey Select auto (last one of the set)
4) Work away on some older Futera autos (Cardzone only option)
5) Pick up more signed commons
6) Get a ski mask and find a get away driver to fund all this :)

Hey all

I'll continue to try to complete my Futera Decider 1996 cricket Master set of all cards and promos, sheets etc etc

In an effort to get a few more of the harder to find Chase cards (Red and Blue Cash cards, Ponting signature, Bevan and McDermott Gold edition cards, Player edition cards) out of the boxes and into the market place, I paid the Cardzone price (ouch !!) and bought four boxes for Xmas.

Sadly, no joy and am trying to sell my spare Frontliners, Run Machines and SW Platinum cards to recoup some $ to hopefully buy some more boxes.

If anyone is also chasing these hard to find cards and would like to assist by buying my spares - see below - let me know if interested. If we don't open some more boxes we'll never get these chase cards out ! :)

I'm chasing the following cards -

Red Cash card
Ponting signature card
the two Bevan Gold Edition cards
any special employee edition uncut sheets

My spares as follows -

Steve Waugh Platinum FDI - SW4 #315/500 and SW5 #115/500

FDI cards
Frontliners FL1 #377 / FL2 #'s 896 and 1064 / FL3 #1353 / FL4 # 729 / FL7 #'s 916 and 1440

Regular set cards
Frontliners FL2 #4846 / FL3 #4948 / FL4 # 4436 / FL7 #'s 2195 and 3847 / FL8 #4651
Run Machine RM3 # 1648

Some consecutive numbered cards
Regular Edition
Frontliners FL5 #'s 4193 and 4194 / FL6 #'s 4037 and 4038
Run Machines RM2 #'s 1987 and 1988 Steve Waugh

I also have lots of full common card sets, flat wrappers and boxes and Warne 9 card puzzle sets if you need them.

I have a pretty full Decider collection including the Impact numbered set of all FDI chase cards, the 5 card Steve Waugh Signature set, the 3 card Brian Lara set, the seven card Player Edition set, the two McDermott Gold Cards, the Blue Cash card and lots of different four card, 9 card and other uncut sheets and promos.

Hope the new year is kind to all of us.

Cheers and hope to hear from you if you have any Decider queries.
JC

1. Complete the Gold Parallel Set from Select 98/99 (65% finished)
2. Complete Masters Gem Set from Select 09/10 (4 out of 8)
3. Get a Steve Waugh Auto (Had a 94/95 Futera Auto Arrive this week)
4. Expand My Ricky Ponting and Steve Smith Collections

Hey all

I'll continue to try to complete my Futera Decider 1996 cricket Master set of all cards and promos, sheets etc etc

In an effort to get a few more of the harder to find Chase cards (Red and Blue Cash cards, Ponting signature, Bevan and McDermott Gold edition cards, Player edition cards) out of the boxes and into the market place, I paid the Cardzone price (ouch !!) and bought four boxes for Xmas.

Sadly, no joy and am trying to sell my spare Frontliners, Run Machines and SW Platinum cards to recoup some $ to hopefully buy some more boxes.

If anyone is also chasing these hard to find cards and would like to assist by buying my spares - see below - let me know if interested. If we don't open some more boxes we'll never get these chase cards out ! :)

I'm chasing the following cards -

Red Cash card
Ponting signature card
the two Bevan Gold Edition cards
any special employee edition uncut sheets

My spares as follows -

Steve Waugh Platinum FDI - SW4 #315/500 and SW5 #115/500

FDI cards
Frontliners FL1 #377 / FL2 #'s 896 and 1064 / FL3 #1353 / FL4 # 729 / FL7 #'s 916 and 1440

Regular set cards
Frontliners FL2 #4846 / FL3 #4948 / FL4 # 4436 / FL7 #'s 2195 and 3847 / FL8 #4651
Run Machine RM3 # 1648

Some consecutive numbered cards
Regular Edition
Frontliners FL5 #'s 4193 and 4194 / FL6 #'s 4037 and 4038
Run Machines RM2 #'s 1987 and 1988 Steve Waugh

I also have lots of full common card sets, flat wrappers and boxes and Warne 9 card puzzle sets if you need them.

I have a pretty full Decider collection including the Impact numbered set of all FDI chase cards, the 5 card Steve Waugh Signature set, the 3 card Brian Lara set, the seven card Player Edition set, the two McDermott Gold Cards, the Blue Cash card and lots of different four card, 9 card and other uncut sheets and promos.

Hope the new year is kind to all of us.

Cheers and hope to hear from you if you have any Decider queries.
JC
Hi mate, I'm looking for steve waugh platinum SW1. Are you selling it or if you know anybody who is selling it privately can you please let me know. I'd really appreciate it. Cheers, Chad

Back
Top Bottom