2015 Champions. Release: March 2

cwood36

AFL card collector
Real Name
Kiah and David
CAM01725.jpg

Look good, however not much changes will wait to pass judgement till I see them in hand interested to see what refractors look like, could be very popular

Would have been nice for them to bring back the signatures like 2011! They (select) ask people for comments and ideas. But doesn't seem they actually use any of the ideas or input people seem to add.

I may be wrong, but wouldn't Topps have some issue with someone else using the term "Refractor" especially in relation to trading cards?

Isn't that why Panini uses the term "Prizm" instead of "Refractor"?

When i saw this release it reminded me of a certain persons words......posted here on our very website.

AFL Trading Cards Series is based on the collectors market in general and the company's own schedule as well as plan. Whatever is released, it is not based on individual preference. Card collecting is only a hobby. If you like the series, collect them; If you don't like them, please don't waste your money.It is your choice to collect or not collect. Please don't think you are doing a company's favour--be aware that you are just one of the collector. Select didn't start their business in 1993 based on your personal preference, it doesn't do it now, and it is very unlikely they will base on personal preference in the future.

So let's adjust ourselves guys!!

I'm adjusting myself to not buy any of this.

Cheers
Matt

I actually don't mind Series 1 being unashamedly directed at the younger generation.

I remember when I was a kid - and www.footycards.com.au's recent 80's VFL sets eBay listings jogged my memory - when the design of every card was exactly the same.

The different inserts - which admittedly to ME look reasonably boring - would be something a little tacker could tear into and have fun with.

Ladies and Gentlemen i feel it is time to pull up stumps and get the hell out of dodge.

I shall call this a retirement for the time being but i think i'm done.

It's sad to say but Select who once got me into the hobby of collecting AFL cards has now driven me out.

I have no desire in what they are doing and haven't for some time, i pleaded with them to open up and communicate and they just don't give a shit.

As a parting gift to Ozcardians who i truly appreciate for their dedication to the hobby i leave you with this.

TONY DUCLOS

SELECT AUSTRALIA

GENERAL MANAGER

EMAIL [email protected]

This man is very influential in what is being churned out.

He relayed to me personally he was going to speak with Grant Copley and start opening some lines of communication with the hobby.

That was back in August last year.

As you can see with Future Force and 2015 Champions they clearly did their best to achieve that goal. :rolleyes:

The open feedback with Select on Ozcard has been aweso......oh wait.:cry:

I would also contact Jessica Tedge, this very nice lady is part of the marketing department of the AFL.

[email protected]

Frankly they need to hear more about how Select ignore and shun the hobby and as a result it has dramatically reduced in size and quality.

The AFL are aggressively trying to grow the brand (cards and marketing play a part) and sadly i feel they are unaware of what is happening within the hobby. They will want to hear from those who are upset or just have something to say.

We are the supporters people, the ones who are members, go to games, watch it on t.v, play it on weekends, buy merchandise, play dreamteam and basically make it the greatest sport in Australia today.

You can't get more of a target demographic than that.

Select have an obligation to the AFL, so if they see no obligation to us perhaps we have gone about this in the wrong way. ;)

For those passionate enough to contact both Tony and Jessica please be respectful, insults achieve nothing.

Intelligent, factual comments will make a difference, i can assure you if the AFL have enough people ask them to look into this you will see them intervene quickly.

Good luck with collecting my friends, may every pack you bust open bring you happiness and may the MOJO forever preside over OZCARDTRADER.

Take care.

Brad. AKA ShueyGaff.

P.S Go West Coast.;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Ladies and Gentlemen i feel it is time to pull up stumps and get the hell out of dodge.

I shall call this a retirement for the time being but i think i'm done.

It's sad to say but Select who once got me into the hobby of collecting AFL cards has now driven me out.

I have no desire in what they are doing and haven't for some time, i pleaded with them to open up and communicate and they just don't give a s***.

As a parting gift to Ozcardians who i truly appreciate for their dedication to the hobby i leave you with this.

TONY DUCLOS

SELECT AUSTRALIA

GENERAL MANAGER

MOBILE NUMBER 0407 233 908

EMAIL [email protected]

This man is very influential in what is being churned out.

He relayed to me personally he was going to speak with Grant Copley and start opening some lines of communication with the hobby.

That was back in August last year.

As you can see with Future Force and 2015 Champions they clearly did their best to achieve that goal. :rolleyes:

The open feedback with Select on Ozcard has been aweso......oh wait.:cry:

I would also contact Jessica Tedge, this lovely lady is part of the marketing department of the AFL.

[email protected]

Frankly they need to hear more about how Select ignore and shun the hobby and as a result it has dramatically reduced in size and quality.

The AFL are aggressively trying to grow the brand (cards and marketing play a part) and sadly i feel they are unaware of what is happening within the hobby. They will want to hear from those who are upset or just have something to say.

We are the supporters people, the ones who are members, go to games, watch it on t.v, play it on weekends, buy merchandise, play dreamteam and basically make it the greatest sport in Australia today.

You can't get more of a target demographic than that.

Select have an obligation to the AFL, so if they see no obligation to us perhaps we have gone about this in the wrong way. ;)

For those passionate enough to contact both Tony and Jessica please be respectful, insults achieve nothing.

Intelligent, factual comments will make a difference, i can assure you if the AFL have enough people ask them to look into this you will see them intervene quickly.

Good luck with collecting my friends, may every pack you bust open bring you happiness and may the MOJO forever preside over OZCARDTRADER.

Take care.

Brad. AKA ShueyGaff.

P.S Go West Coast.;)
As a fellow Eagles supporter, but also as a fellow collector, I'm truly sad that Select have driven you to giving up this, what should be great, hobby.

I hope that in the future you'll be tempted to rejoin us; who knows, maybe there will be an improvement in the quality of the cards we are provided in the coming years, either if Select get their act together or maybe a new manufacturer! In saying this, I agree with everything you are saying.

Thanks for your contribution to this site!

Scott

(And yes, go West Coast!)

@ShueyGaffDarlingNat - stay right there (or "here", as the case may be!) young fella. I hope this doesn't mean a retirement from the AFL forum altogether, as although laced with biting sarcasm, your posts are very enjoyable!

You never know what Honours Series 2 will bring - maybe it might be a focus on Norm Smith medallists or Coleman medallists...maybe some Dean Kemp or Peter Matera action? Who knows mate.

Incidentally, if Honours 2 does have a "goal-kicking" theme, I think that a focus on the centurions would be a great way to start. Random names that spring to mind (outside those with signature cards already) are Peter McKenna, Doug Wade, Bernie Quinlan, Michael Roach and Peter Sumich.

Last edited:
Does anyone know what the teamcoach cards look like?
I have been told we won't see anything until the day before the release as teamcoach don't like people pre-selling the cards, which I find interesting hopefully they come up with something new to blow champions out of the water

Back
Top Bottom