2014 AFL Future Force

So, each box contains a signature card of a kid who may be drafted, four AAs that nobody gives a crap about, and some commons. Definitely needs something more to justify price increase.

I assume these are the players signing:

NSW/ACT: Isaac Heeney (Swans Academy/Cardiff Hawks), Liam Griffiths (GWS Academy/Ainslie), Nicholas Coughlan (GWS Academy/Murray Bushrangers/Albury)

South Australia: Billy Stretch (Glenelg/Henley), Mac Bower (Norwood/Payneham Norwood Union), Jesse Watchman (West Adelaide/Blackwood), Sam Durdin (West Adelaide/East Murray)

Queensland: Lachlan Weller (Suns Academy/Broadbeach), Liam Dawson (Lions Academy/Aspley), Matthew Hammelmann (Lions Academy/Morningside)

Vic Country: Jaden McGrath (Bendigo Pioneers/Kerang), Jackson Nelson (Geelong Falcons/St Mary’s), Patrick McCartin (Geelong Falcons/St Joseph’s), Daniel Capiron (Dandenong Stingrays/Edithvale-Aspendale), Tom Lamb (Dandenong Stingrays/Edithvale-Aspendale), Hugh Goddard (Geelong Falcons/Geelong Amateurs)

Vic Metro: Liam Duggan (Western Jets/Bacchus March FNC), Angus Brayshaw (Sandringham Dragons/Hampton Rovers), Jake Lever (Calder Cannons/Romsey), Darcy Moore (Oakleigh Chargers/Kew Comets), Peter Wright (Calder Cannons/Moonee Valley), Sean McLaren (Sandringham Dragons/Haileybury College), Duom Dawam (Western Jets/ Point Cook)

Western Australia: Jarrod Pickett (South Fremantle/Jandakot), Clem Smith (Perth/Wesley College), Bradley Walsh (Peel Thunder/Rockingham), Ryan Lim (Claremont/Hale School), Jermaine Miller-Lewis (South Fremantle/Armadale), Matthew Ah Siu (South Fremantle/Bullcreek), Sam Bevan (Claremont/Hale School)

Northern Territory: Nakia Cockatoo (NT Thunder/Southern Districts)

40 green foil cards signed in green ink - numbered 1-40 (1:6 boxes)
They advertise that they do.

future force 2014.png

FUTURE FORCE 2014 AFL COLLECTOR CARDS
The collection includes:
100 Common Cards
8 State team logo's
Under 18's who are likely to be drafted in 2014.
22 All-Australians. 1:4 packs
The 22 standout players who achieved selection in the NAB AFL All Australian under 18 team
Future Force Signatures - 31 ( 1 per box)
Each player has signed 240 cards.
40 green foil cards signed in green ink - numbered 1-40 (1:6 boxes)
200 red foil cards signed in black ink and numbered 1-200 (1:18 packs)

Cards feature the 31 AIS-AFL Academy players of 2014
7 cards per pack
18 packs per box
$3.50 per pack
$63 per box

So they pumped the price up and we now have green ink instead of gold.

Well they've won me over.

To be honest guys the only thing my collection is missing is a signature in green ink.

That's it!

Green-Ink-1024x684.jpg

Why didn't i think of that?

After all our bitching all we needed guys was GREEN INK.

I'm a little overwhelmed and excited with the level of enthusiasm and innovation Future Force is displaying.

Oooh ooooh hey Select i don't want to set the benchmark too high in one go but could we have maybe....dare i say it.....RED INK.....GASP.... next year?

Frankly i think it may very well turn the whole industry on it's head.

I'm thinking GLOBAL EXPANSION here.

Trust me, you'll see i'm right.

I don't think you all realize how game changing this is.

Thank god for the brain trust at Select.

man-in-pouring-rain.gif

Last edited:
Select have failed all their releases this year. When does their license expire... the hobby needs a drastic shift.

So they pumped the price up and we now have green ink instead of gold.

Well they've won me over.

To be honest guys the only thing my collection is missing is a signature in green ink.

That's it!

Green-Ink-1024x684.jpg

Why didn't i think of that?

After all our bitching all we needed guys was GREEN INK.

I'm a little overwhelmed and excited with the level of enthusiasm and innovation Future Force is displaying.

Oooh ooooh hey Select i don't want to set the benchmark too high in one go but could we have maybe....dare i say it.....RED INK.....GASP.... next year?

Frankly i think it may very well turn the whole industry on it's head.

I'm thinking GLOBAL EXPANSION here.

Trust me, you'll see i'm right.

I don't think you all realize how game changing this is.

Thank god for the brain trust at Select.

man-in-pouring-rain.gif

Likes of Panini and Upper Deck will definitely be taking notice. Watch next year, NBA sigs in green ink, Select have just shocked the world of trading cards.

Really like the sigs limited to 40 so dont really care that they're green ink or whatever but I must say that busting future force is sssoooo boring if you hit the sig in the first few packs...All this series needs IMO is something to keep you opening the rest of the box.

Free world if you dont complain then nothing changes. Easy to just sit and accept wat your given but all that will do is lead to more of the same.

But I like this release in geberal. Shame about price rise and stupid green ink. Very greedy on selects behalf. Also a new insert wouldnt have killed them as box searching is defs an issue. But I will grab a few boxes.

Anyone have any insight onto likelihood of the players being drafted and where they may go?

Honours was a disaster, case shares down, box breaks down, Sellers sales down.

Is that good for card collecting or the business?

What is more likely, that our bitching caused sales to drop or the quality?

Do you think Select wish for us to keep hearing "don't buy it"?

That did wonders for Steve Wang, Select and honours didn't it.

There was a reason this site was most active during 2012 draft prospects.

It was an inspiring new product with a limited run, lots of value and fresh new inserts like nicknames, duals and guernsey cards. Three things the hobby were calling out for. I can tell you Dave paid very close attention to what collectors wanted.

Then we have Select who hold onto the #1, hoard unreleased cards, admit openly that they don't interact with their customers, whether it be on card forums, card shows.....etc.....and release identical products time and time again.

Which model seems to be more beneficial to the industry?

Prime was a step forward.

2013 future force, 2014 champions, Honours1 and 2014 future force were all step backwards.

Two are identical, apart from different ink, one was the same as the previous years design all the way down to inserts and the last ignored a large majority of collectors.

So the difference between 2013 and 2014 future force is green ink and the difference between 2013 and 2014 champions is rounded corners.

Their innovation this year was rounded corners and green ink?

Really?

How anyone sane could defend this is hilarious.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom